Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
dumy

CREATIVE JOB IDEAS?

Sooo I hear time and time again..Advertising is really hard..no money in that..

and Graphic Design is the kiss of death for a long term career..

etc..

someone tell me some job ideas for a creative minded person that don't suck

Guest R@ndomH3ro

Learn to tattoo, once you get good you get paid really well. Plus you get to see hot chicks private areas :naughty: Down fall, you will also see ugly chick private areas :yuck:

Originally posted by meatlocker@Mar 9 2006, 04:44 PM

vinyl graphics/signs.

wow

i was about to say that shit.

been doin it for a minute now on the side...good skrills involved.

Sales....

it's not all sleazy car dealership and door to door steezie.

I work as a sales executive and the best thing I find about sales is that your income is only limited by the amount of work you put in. The more work, the more money you earn. If I work overtime, it shows in my paycheck.

But you have to be a social person for this kind of work. If you hate people, you're shit out of luck. Then again, if you dig manipulating folks, sales might be right for you.

Originally posted by LENS@Mar 9 2006, 04:45 PM

Sales....

it's not all sleazy car dealership and door to door steezie.

I work as a sales executive and the best thing I find about sales is that your income is only limited by the amount of work you put in. The more work, the more money you earn. If I work overtime, it shows in my paycheck.

But you have to be a social person for this kind of work. If you hate people, you're shit out of luck. Then again, if you dig manipulating folks, sales might be right for you.

yeah I've worked in sales before Lens..I'm pretty good at it..but the thing is theres a lot of pressure involved in that line of work..if sales are going great..they love you..as soon as they fall off..no matter if its your fault or not..start looking for another job..i'm in that situation right now..thats why I'm looking for another job..

yeah , i hear you on the whole pressure situation. My boss was on my ass last week and when i closed a hefty deal yesterday he is all smiles and "let me take you out for beers...yes?"

The Japanese...so quirky

Uhmmm, well, i dunno Dumy, i'm really happy where I'm at so it's kinda hard to suggest other jobs. Personally, i am shallow with regard to job satisfaction and as long as it doesn't involve homosexuality, i have no qualms about a job if it pays me big bucks

seriously though gettin into doin tats is good $$ if you got the dedication to go through an apprenticeship (is that even a word?) for a minute until you get where you wanna be...

being a tattoo apprentice is stupid

unless you enjoy sweeping for 2 years.

just grab your leg and go to work.

you'll know whether you can do it or not after about 6 or 7 tatts.

Originally posted by johnny ballbags@Mar 9 2006, 04:59 PM

seriously though gettin into doin tats is good $$ if you got the dedication to go through an apprenticeship (is that even a word?) for a minute until you get where you wanna be...

I have friends that do this..one of my homies just opened up his own shop..theres no money in it for apprentices in my town..and I think it takes a lot more dedication than I currently have for the craft to really succeed at it..

Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by CACashRefund@Mar 9 2006, 04:45 PM

tolkien black guy

uruk-hai.jpg

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Also, I work in advertising. Long hours, OK pay. I'm actually earning a hell of a lot more than someone with my experience should be, but it's still not as much as I think I deserve. There's big bucks if you get to be a creative director though. I dunno, for now, I'm kinda in it for the ride, I'm learning an enormous amount of shit and making a lot of connections. I don't think this will be my career.

I've actually considered going back to school for a non-artistic/creative degree. Working in a creative field such as advertising is really exhausting mentally. I don't really like getting home and feeling like turning off my brain and imagination and not having the energy to apply creativity to my personal life.

Originally posted by El Mamerro@Mar 9 2006, 05:12 PM

Also, I work in advertising. Long hours, OK pay. I'm actually earning a hell of a lot more than someone with my experience should be, but it's still not as much as I think I deserve. There's big bucks if you get to be a creative director though. I dunno, for now, I'm kinda in it for the ride, I'm learning an enormous amount of shit and making a lot of connections. I don't think this will be my career.

I've actually considered going back to school for a non-artistic/creative degree. Working in a creative field such as advertising is really exhausting mentally. I don't really like getting home and feeling like turning off my brain and imagination and not having the energy to apply creativity to my personal life.

my sentiments exactly.. i want to work on my personal shit when i get home but i just want to sleep..

but we do get slow days we can just bullshit and make fake movie trailers and play wiffle ball..

Im going back to school here to finish my last two classes and then get my masters. Got a job opportunity where they will help pay for school.

I will be working in a veterans hospital doing art therapy. Should be pretty cool.

Originally posted by jbrshmonster+Mar 9 2006, 05:18 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jbrshmonster - Mar 9 2006, 05:18 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-El Mamerro@Mar 9 2006, 05:12 PM

my sentiments exactly.. i want to work on my personal shit when i get home but i just want to sleep..

but we do get slow days we can just bullshit and make fake movie trailers and play wiffle ball..

[/b]

yeah, actually I've always wanted to work in advertising, since I was about 14 or so, but I keep hearing that jobs are scarce. I've always considered myself and idea person (hah..wish you had a dollar for how many times you hear that)..do you guys or anyone else have any suggestions for job/career paths that would compliment this line of thinking?

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this