partying in portland...

oddio1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

if you write alot of graffiti in portland there are a few things you need to do TODAY:

clean all graffiti writing impliments, and any other graffiti related paraphenalia out of your car. do the same in your place of residence. blackbooks, photo albums, the works. i mean, you should already be doing this, but if you don't, now it's time to start. move all these things to another place, preferrably the residence of someone that doesn't write graffiti. ONLY have graffiti writing tools on you when you're actually writing graffiti. if you have photos of graffiti on your computer, make sure you have just as many photos of other people's graffiti as you do your own. that way they're going to have a tough time trying to figure out which one you are.

I was amazed to see how many writers in Europe live this way. Every writer I painted with, illegally, had to make trips to Grandma's houes, girlfriends best friend's house, dog walker's house... whoever... everything they held dear in regards to writing was there. Hidden, well hidden. All cans of paint were pratically sterilized for no prints. And none of them ever painted without a mask of some sorts. No one I met had photos of their own history in their own home. It waas all somewhere else. No matter who I asked they all had the same answer... when it goes down, they'll have way less to go on.

The theory is, eventually it will go down. Especially if you're in it for the long haul. No matter how safe and slick you are, it will go down. The best thing you can do is to be one step ahead. Not only out on the street, but in your home as well.

Obviously this is nothing new to anyone. I only hope that those writers in Portland who make my daily commute that much more beautiful and entertaining are taking these measures to ensure they stay one step ahead.

Stay safe out there... and thanks for doing what you do. Even though I no longer write, I still appreciate the work.