<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask - I'm looking for a free program that I can use to transfer vinyl to my computer. I posted this in the album trader thread a few days ago, but none of the programs people posted worked for what I need it for. If anyone could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask - I'm looking for a free program that I can use to transfer vinyl to my computer. I posted this in the album trader thread a few days ago, but none of the programs people posted worked for what I need it for. If anyone could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

soundforge works very well. there are some nice plugins for it that remove hiss and whatnot from vinyl, too.

while soundforge isn't free, it can be made so.

you familiar with torrents?

Guest shai_hulud

http://www.polderbits.com/?ref=adword1

Freightyone- ^that's a good A/D converter. Full featured, easy to use.

It's a two week demo, so you can either pay for it if you like it (I did) or just uninstall it and reinstall it every ten days or so.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Or, there's Audacity. That's totally free, somewhat more complicated- it's more or less the Open Source version of Soundforge.

just opera... but it does it every time I log in... I can scroll down to my inbox, but can't access anything in there... there is a grip of code.. probably about a page and a half more sitting there before i get to my inbox...

its a school computer so i can't really do anything I want to on it... since they would kick me off and I wouldn't be able to finish my paper.... I don't finish my paper I get a F in the class and my professor makes fun of me for years to come...

actually it stopped whatever it was... probably just some error with gmail and opera... though I am using opera more and more now... I have found some faults with it though... but shit no browser is ever going to be perfect...

Guest shai_hulud
yeah its a third rate browser so google prolly had some coding issues when pushing down the gmail 2.0

Hey, no picking on Opera, Mainter. I leave FF alone.

Rogers ISP of Canada breaks into your browsing session to tell you off for using the net too much

googlerogers_10Dec07.jpg

The terrible Canadian ISP Rogers has reached a new low. Now, in addition to arbitrarily enforcing limits on connectivity and "traffic shaping" its customers' connections into unusability (just try to have a VoIP call with a Rogers subscriber!), they're breaking into your web-browsing sessions and rewriting the pages you view to deliver stern warnings saying that you're using too much bandwidth. The ISP will let you opt out -- but this is so obnoxious, it's hard to believe they're even trying it. Link (Thanks, Marc!)

I asked a question like 2 weeks ago. And then kinda forgot i asked it. But I just looked through all the pages, and Shai, you kinda answered it for me. Which made me feel like a fucking putz. it was about liquid on a keyboard, and i do in fact have a usb keyboard. So thank you. Much appreciatted.

Oh, and yes it does startup. Keyboard just doesn't work.