<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

bsod ( boot into safemode by pressing f8 or f12 one of them and then select safemode with NO networking when it boots up right click my computer select manage in that window find event viewer looks for any warnings the big red circles with x's in them click and research the error in the microsoft knowledge base see how to fix it

you might have a conflict somewhere

loose memory module loose hard-drive cable, so go back in and press everything down and in

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

oh and about the google toolbar, any toolbar that is downloaded is thirdparty. toolbars are adware they tweak with the registry add/change files so anything strange can happen thats why people should not use them they do not help in searching one bit (people just need to learn how to search)

bsod ( boot into safemode by pressing f8 or f12 one of them and then select safemode with NO networking when it boots up right click my computer select manage in that window find event viewer looks for any warnings the big red circles with x's in them click and research the error in the microsoft knowledge base see how to fix it

you might have a conflict somewhere

loose memory module loose hard-drive cable, so go back in and press everything down and in

tried all that, bsod no matter what... safe mode, system recovery, start windows normally... thats where i started.... then i pulled it apart and checked all connections... removed everything and set it tightly back in place.....

only way it boots at all is off the cd... memory just passed the diag testing....

Hola Senores, i need a little advice in how to rip dvd's. ive got an intel iMac and mactheripper and mediafork both gave me shit quality rips. hard drive space isnt an issue. is the only way to get a high quality rip by ripping to a more raw format then encoding all the audio and video shit gets complicated. any help would muchly appreciated. cheers

ripping it to burn to dvds? mac the ripper will rip the whole dvd perfectly but it's going to lose quality if you fit everything to a 4.7gb dvd-r..if you mean just ripping the video for a .avi file or something i use mactheripper then handbreak you can select the quality you want..you could also try popcorn2...

question: if your ip address changes everytime you reset your modem then the riaa mpaa and whatever dudes can't get you right?....or wrong? also, do filesharing sites do anything to you if you up some copyrighted shit?

ripping it to burn to dvds? mac the ripper will rip the whole dvd perfectly but it's going to lose quality if you fit everything to a 4.7gb dvd-r..if you mean just ripping the video for a .avi file or something i use mactheripper then handbreak you can select the quality you want..you could also try popcorn2...

question: if your ip address changes everytime you reset your modem then the riaa mpaa and whatever dudes can't get you right?....or wrong? also, do filesharing sites do anything to you if you up some copyrighted shit?

use peerguardian all of the time.

there's a mac verison. http://www.phoenixlabs.com (i think that's the addy)

johnny: you may need to reinstall windows. did you try tuneup on the laptop?

its a coworkers laptop that theyve had since before i got here and they gave me every disc they had which did not include windows or backup discs or anything.... cant get into windows to run tuneup....

oh and seffiks, im actually gettin put out in a completely different position doin service on electronic fuel management systems and oil tank monitoring systems and shit with a huge increase in pay and bennies.... plus itll be a union job.... less 12oz but much more $$$... a big part of the reason im getting the position is because of all the computer shit i do for them..... i wont forget those who helped me...... haha....

this is what i built you a cd from

http://www.winternals.com/Products/AdministratorsPak/Default.aspx

Key features:

• Boots dead systems directly from CD
  • Easy, familiar Windows-like interface
  • Intuitive Solution Wizard helps you select the right tool to correct your system issue
  • Includes Crash Analyzer Wizard to pinpoint the cause of recent system crashes for repair
  • Allows complete disk sanitizing/data removal with Disk Wipe utility
  • Includes the Locksmith utility to reset lost Administrator passwords
  • Includes FileRestore so that you can quickly find and recover deleted files
  • Provides access to XP Restore Points on unbootable Windows XP systems
  • Detect malware and other applications that may be consuming system resources
  • Compares key info on unbootable systems with that of a working system for diagnosis and troubleshooting
  • Automatically identifies and replaces critical system files that have become corrupt
  • Allows for formatting and partitioning of disks
  • Provides emergency removal capability for faulty hotfixes
  • Built-in network access to safely copy data to/from dead systems
  • Repair and diagnostic tools located on Start menu
  • Repair tools include System Restore tool, System File Repair, Service and Driver Manager, Hotfix Uninstall Wizard, Locksmith, Registry Editor, Explorer, Disk Management, and Command Prompt
  • Data recovery tools include Disk Commander and FileRestore
  • Diagnostic tools include Crash Analyzer Wizard, System Compare, Autoruns, Event Log Viewer, System Information, TCP/IP Configuration, and Logical volumes utilities
  • Compatible with Windows NT, 2000, XP, and Server 2003

casek: should we cut and paste our pm's so this shits out in the open for other people to see in case it comes up again?

nah, let them suffer. i have no pity.

j/k, but nah. this isn't an issue that comes up for most people.

if it is, let them go to demonoid or some shit and download ERD Commander.

how do you change your information, such as posts and join date ect...

YOU don't. MODERATORS do.

a little bit of friendly advice, don't ask them to do such things. it's personal favors between friends that gets that done. that and it annoys the hell out of them.

i take it you are new, so i will go ahead and tell you, don't make new threads before you use the search feature on this site. if it's not there and you don't think it's completely fucking gay to make a thread, go ahead. keep your head low and cool.

that's it. my public service for this week.

how do you change your information, such as posts and join date ect...

damn we got a cruel sense of humor around here but anyway back to the question to change a post you make one if you want to fix it or you want to add something to it without making a new post

press edit you will only see the edit button under a post you just got done making i think the time limit to changing the post is 5 minutes now anything beyond that time the edit tab will be removed and you will not be able to edit it join date is a sticky it can not be changed by the user (user meaning you) like casek said mods have the power to do that and mods do not have time to worry about childish shit like that so dont bug them or be banned simple as that..

that info you can edit/change whatever you can do so by pressing the USER CP on the top right hand corner of the webpage press it (that is yer user control panel and the things that say edit are what you can edit

hope that helped

thanks....

when i try to type a " i get a @ and the other way around too.... wtf?

haha. control panel (have you tinyxp cd in at this time)

/regional and language options

change all of the uk to u.s.a. i think you have to change it on all three tabs that pop up, keyboard,,etc