<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest R@ndomH3ro

Well...reading some hack pages.....I think I am going to softmod my old Xbox instead and install Xbox MediaEdition, which will allow it to play movies and all video formats, music and all music compression formats, and run emulators and games.

wish me luck, I need to run to the store and get some supplies first.

Sounds like a short term solution till I gather all the parts(and money) to build my ultimate media machine system

not yet. i'm going to download them all once i get my hd issues cleared up. (putting a new OS on, can't decide which one)

2k3 server pro, tiny xp (again), or linux

tiny xp? is there something im missing here casek? i say fuck it all and roll out the vista machine.

casek how have you been?! i havent been on here in a while.

-mikro137

tiny xp? is there something im missing here casek? i say fuck it all and roll out the vista machine.

casek how have you been?! i havent been on here in a while.

-mikro137

oh shit! long time, no see nukka. you on alure's myspace? hit me up, i'm on her friends list.

tinyxp is a largely reducced version of xp created by eXPerience. so is tiny server 2k3.

tinyxo is about 265 megs, installs and uses 40 megs of ram right off the bat. server 2k2 is the same way. he just took out all of the useless progs and services.

did a bangup job of it, too.

drop me a line, mikro. hope all is well and you're not freezing up there.

common solution to a problem like this is/ updating yer OS version are you running xp? also you need to have service pack 2 installed if you are running xp / one other thing you might want to try is flash the BIOS check the manufacture of the motherboard and check for an upgrade on the BIOS

we need dancing women and spaceships.

it gets dead in here, then it pops up again in the top five or so for days.

i can never sit down at the right time and wheni have time, i'm not thinking about 12oz.

next three pages all about (?)

1: hardware

2: software

3: fun stuff to do online

4: free stuff from teh internetz

5: h/p/v/a/c

6: why asians have cooler toys than us. a working model for jealousy

7: big booty bitches

Alright, this is a hardware issue. I am moderately capable in both software and hardware for pc's so. The screen on my laptop appears to be going out. It has been slowly waning. When it is on the lower power settings the white areas had a slight reddish tinge to them. But I turned my comp on today only to see my screen pop to black three minutes after being on. However, when I pressed a transfer of visual signal hot key, to switch back and forth between an external monitor and my comp, it would show the actual screen for like three seconds, and pop back to the black screen.

Now, my question is two fold. Firstly, does it seem that the screen is just fucked cus thats what I am feeling. Or does this seem like some random software issue, that coincides oddly with the slow dying of my screen?

Now, as far as replacing lap top screens, I am pretty certain a DIY should be possible for this. Anyone on here with any experience with such?

Alright, this is a hardware issue. I am moderately capable in both software and hardware for pc's so. The screen on my laptop appears to be going out. It has been slowly waning. When it is on the lower power settings the white areas had a slight reddish tinge to them. But I turned my comp on today only to see my screen pop to black three minutes after being on. However, when I pressed a transfer of visual signal hot key, to switch back and forth between an external monitor and my comp, it would show the actual screen for like three seconds, and pop back to the black screen.

Now, my question is two fold. Firstly, does it seem that the screen is just fucked cus thats what I am feeling. Or does this seem like some random software issue, that coincides oddly with the slow dying of my screen?

Now, as far as replacing lap top screens, I am pretty certain a DIY should be possible for this. Anyone on here with any experience with such?

it could be a shitty video driver, but i'd lean towards your screen altogether going out.

a DIY replacement shouldn't be that hard. plenty of tutorials on the web detailing how to.

try something, update the videocard driver (if you can still see your shit on an external monitor) and then let us know what's up with it.

alright im gonna ask again i dunno if it got answered last time, but i dont think so.

thanks in advance to anyone who can give insight.

CPU Specs:

AMD Mobile Athlon 2400+

1.7 GHz 448MB RAM

Windows XP Home SP2

No matter what connection Im on (i have three I use a wireless work connection, a borrowed T3 connection, and a home DSL connection) and no matter what messenger I use (GAIM, AIM, or Trillian) I get an insane amount of lag trying to send messages or even open message windows.

This all started about two months ago, and its only on my craptop, i have no idea what could have even been changed to do this.

More detail about the lagging, like Ill type to someone and press enter to send the message, the message will remain in the typing field and not send til about 4-8 seconds later and then it will flash and appear in the conversation window. But from what other people have told me its an instantaneous IM to them. and i can type and send a big block of text while my first message is still lagging. wtf nigros nahmean?

this shit is irritating me.