<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

ummm i need to make an image (system state) of my harddrive i have a few partitions running and i have them all up to date now and i would like to burn them to dvd for quick restore because i plan on breaking them really bad i am use to Acronis but i want to try something else anyone got any suggestions

What is del.icio.us?

del.icio.us is a collection of favorites - yours and everyone else's. You can use del.icio.us to:

* Keep links to your favorite articles, blogs, music, reviews, recipes, and more, and access them from any computer on the web.

* Share favorites with friends, family, coworkers, and the del.icio.us community.

* Discover new things. Everything on del.icio.us is someone's favorite -- they've already done the work of finding it. So del.icio.us is full of bookmarks about technology, entertainment, useful information, and more. Explore and enjoy.

del.icio.us is a social bookmarking website -- the primary use of del.icio.us is to store your bookmarks online, which allows you to access the same bookmarks from any computer and add bookmarks from anywhere, too. On del.icio.us, you can use tags to organize and remember your bookmarks, which is a much more flexible system than folders.

You can also use del.icio.us to see the interesting links that your friends and other people bookmark, and share links with them in return. You can even browse and search del.icio.us to discover the cool and useful bookmarks that everyone else has saved -- which is made easy with tags.

All you need is a browser and an internet connection. Sound good? Here's how to get started. If you'd like to find out more, keep reading.

http://del.icio.us/about/

my opinion its garbage (its good and all but i like stumbleupon better

First off, Merry XMAS / happy hollidays....

here "teh" issue

my desktop harddrive is so completely filled with music and shit that there are only 3 gigs left...what can i do to remedy this situation?

- i figured i should move everything to an external HD, but will i still be able to burn cd's and such if the music is on an external HD, and how will this affect itunes??

gracias,

M_I

move it to an external this will have no effect on yer way of burning (just be sure to get an external hard drive with these specs.

Interface - USB 2.0 / IEEE 1394a

RPM - 7200 RPM

Average Seek Time - No more than 9.0ms

Average Latency - ummm i would say no more than 4.5ms

shop at newegg.com or compusa.com for best deals

oh and for the itunes question it might mess it up (i am not positive cause i dont mess with crapple shit ummm best guess is to go to the settings in itunes and change the directory of where the music is (after you move the music there) another thing, if you are running xp you can compress the music folder and it will save you a little room

My computer is running a little slow, its a laptop its pretty new only about a year old but a pop up says virtual memory is low. i dont have kazaa or limewire, there is a bunch of shit on the desktop that came with the computer. i have itunes but theres nothing in it. i have to restart it to make it run normal if i dont the pages will load really slow and it sometimes takes a few minutes for the pages to show up. and when i type the letters take a while to show the sticker on it says

intel celeron M processor 350 (1.30Ghz), 256MB SDRAM,40GB HDD,802.11/g,IEEE 1394,

do i need to buy mor memory or shuld i erase some shit???

My computer is running a little slow, its a laptop its pretty new only about a year old but a pop up says virtual memory is low. i dont have kazaa or limewire, there is a bunch of shit on the desktop that came with the computer. i have itunes but theres nothing in it. i have to restart it to make it run normal if i dont the pages will load really slow and it sometimes takes a few minutes for the pages to show up. and when i type the letters take a while to show the sticker on it says

intel celeron M processor 350 (1.30Ghz), 256MB SDRAM,40GB HDD,802.11/g,IEEE 1394,

do i need to buy mor memory or shuld i erase some shit???

you need to run tuneup utilities. defragment it one a week or so. antivirus, spyware blaster, spybot, etc. and switch to firefox.

m_i- should be ok. man.