<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

The $399 5150 features the following:

* Intel Pentium 4 Processor 524 (3.06GHz, 533FSB)

* 19" E197FP Analog Flat Panel

* 512MB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz

* 80GB 7200RPM SATA II Hard Drive

* 16X DVD-ROM Drive

* Integrated 7.1 Channel Audio

* 1 Year On-site Economy Warranty Plan

Nearly everything on this computer is upgradeable through Dell’s configuration system, but this should meet most people’s needs quite nicely.

check it.

everything you can get on black friday:

Ace hardware

* DeWalt Magnetic Drive Guide Set, 16 pc.

* PowerGlide Variable Speed Rotary Tool

* Shimmering Driveway Markers 3-pack

Circuit City

* Digital Innovation Clean Dr. Vacuum

* Free 3.2 MP Polaroid Camera with Any $249+ Purchase (only item purchase necessary)

* JVC 3-Pack of 60-Minute DVC Camcorder Tapes - Free After Rebate

* Panasonic 2-Pack of Double Sided DVD-RW Discs for DVD Camcorders - Free After Rebate

* Registry Mechanic - Free After Rebate

* Sharp Teaching Calculator - Free After Rebate

* Spy Sweeper - Free After Rebate

CVS Pharmacy

* American Telecom Pay N Talk Phone 2.4Ghz Cordless Phone

Radio Shack

* 256MB Secure Digital Media Card

* 256MB XD Memory Card

* Home Video Patrol 4.0

* Internet Security Suite

* Tivo Single Tuner 40 Hour DVR

Staples

* CA Internet Security 2007 3-User Edition

* McAfee Internet Security 2007

* Staples 6-Outlet Strip Surge Protector

Sam's Club

* Complimentary Continental Breakfast Until 9:30 am

Sears

* Free $10 Gift Card to First 200 Customers

Walgreens

* Revlon Fabulash Mascara

* Schick Quattro Razors

Walmart

* Scene It? Trivia DVD Game Assortment

oh, but wait, there's more to this.........

wal-mart list

http://bfads.net/store/walmart

mo'

http://www.blackfriday.info/ads/sears-black-friday-ad.html

The $399 5150 features the following:

* Intel Pentium 4 Processor 524 (3.06GHz, 533FSB)

* 19" E197FP Analog Flat Panel

* 512MB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz

* 80GB 7200RPM SATA II Hard Drive

* 16X DVD-ROM Drive

* Integrated 7.1 Channel Audio

* 1 Year On-site Economy Warranty Plan

Nearly everything on this computer is upgradeable through Dell’s configuration system, but this should meet most people’s needs quite nicely.

check it.

NICE SYSTEM (BUT DO NOT MAKE ANY CHANGES ON THE SYSTEM BUY IT AS IS AND BUY ALL THE UPGRADES LIKE THE GRAPHICS CARD/SOUNDCARD/MONITOR/SPEAKERS/WINDOWS XP PRO FROM COMPUSA/BUY.COM/FRYS.COM/NEWEGG.COM AND YOU WILL SAVE ALOT OF MONEY

oh yeah remember that thing i posted about bittorrent dying because ISP got a new tool (well my ISP just got it and blocked the shit load of ports i can not connect to anything (i should be getting a call in the morning about my bandwidth limit (all is well i guess ) i will go to comcast for awhile

Seventeen-year-old Garyl Tan Jia Luo has the distinct honor of being the first person charged under Singapore's new Computer Misuse Act. The alleged crime? Piggybacking on his neighbor's WiFi connection without permission. This apparently wouldn't have gone so far had the neighbor (we'll call him Mr. Wilson) not lodged a complaint against the teen. While Tan was released on bail after a grilling by police, he's facing some serious consequences for enjoying his free ride, including up to 10,000 Singapore dollars ($6,425) in fines and up to three years in jail. Given Signapore's plans to blanket the entire country in free WiFi, however, you'd think they'd go a little easy on him for jumping the gun.

I am about to splash out on a new comp, but was wondering what you guys thought of thsi one.

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/au/en/ho/WF06b/1090261-1111625-1116609-1116609-1116609-12435226-78004561.html?jumpid=reg_R1002_AUEN

HP Pavilion a1555a

Processor type

Intel® Pentium® D processor 925 Dual core

• 3 GHz, 2 x 2MB Advanced Transfer Cache, 800 MHz

Operating system installed

Genuine Windows XP Media Center Edition

Upgradability

Windows Vista Capable PC*Windows Vista Premium Ready

Product note

Not all Windows Vista features are available for use on all Windows Vista Capable PCs. All Windows Vista Capable PCs will run the core experiences of Windows Vista, such as innovations in organizing and finding information, security and reliability. Some features available in premium editions of Windows Vista - like the new Windows Aero™ user interface - require advanced or additional hardware. Check http://www.windowsvista.com/getready for details.

Chipset

ATI RC410/SB450

Standard memory

1024MB (1 x 1024MB) DDR2

Memory type

DDR2-SDRAM

Internal drives

Internal hard disk drive

200 GB

Hard disk drive speed

(7200 rpm)

Optical drive type

SuperMulti DVD Drive

Optical drive speed

SuperMulti Drive with LightScribe Dual Layer 16X DVD±RW/±R: 16X DVD±R, 8X DVD+RW, 6X DVD-RW, 8X DVD+R DL, 4X DVD-R DL, 5X DVD-RAM, 16X DVD-ROM; 40X CD-R, 24X CD-RW, 40X CD-ROM

System features

Memory card device

9-in-1 Digital Media Reader supporting: CompactFlash Type I/II, SmartMedia (SM), MultiMediaCard (MMC), Secure Digital (SD), Memory Stick/Memory Stick Pro (MS/MS PRO), Micro Drive, xD Media

Network interface

Integrated 10/100 BaseT network interface (Broadband Ready)

Video capture interface

IEEE 1394 FireWire® Interface

Video adapter

NVIDIA GeForce 7500LE 3D PCI-Express Graphics (with TV-out port and DVI capabilities)

Video RAM

256MB DDR2 video memory

Internal audio

Integrated High Definition Audio - 7.1 Surround Sound Ready

Audio connectors

1 x Microphone, 1 x Headphone, 1 x line-in; Rear - 1 x line-in, 1 x line-out, 1 x mic-in, 1 x Side Spkr L/R, 1 x Rear Spkr L/R, 1 x Central/Subwoofer

Keyboard

HP deluxe multimedia keyboard and PS/2 optical 2-button scroller mouse

External drive bays

External - (2) 5.25"; (2) 3.5"; Internal - (1) 3.5" (External (1) 5.25"; (1) 3.5" free)

Expansion slots

1 PCI Express, 3 PCI (3 PCI free)

External I/O ports

7 x USB 2.0 ports (3 Front, 4 Rear), 2 x IEEE 1394 ports (1 Front, 1 Rear), 2 x PS/2 ports, 1 x SPDIF-out, LAN, 1 x Parallel port, S-Video Out

My question primarily relates to the fact that will this baby be good enough to record/edit videos on?

Also will I be able to record my guitar onto it using a standard microphone?? Is such an option available in Windows Vista as my friend says on the new Mac's that you can record using a program called Garage band. Anyone know about this??

Guest R@ndomH3ro

Tune Up Utilities

Uninstall Norton if it came with it, install another Anti-Virus program (which one are we sponsoring now?) I got Avast!

Get a good firewall program

peer guardian if you use the P2P

And I use Trillian for all my IM needs. Casek uses that hippie GAIM

Tuneup seemed to be alright on my old comp. But that because it was full of shit I didn't need.

Also anybody know why the Mobilephonetools (V. 3.22) I got with my V3 18 months ago won't read my L7 SLVR when I try to install it?? When I install the program it asks what phone you use, and do I choose the SLVR or L7 as they are aparently 2 different phones. It says it is setting up the phone then comes up with a message that

"Mobilephonetools won't function without a mbile device installed."

I mean, this is right after it finishes setting up my phone!! I followed the instructions through every step and this happened on my old comp as well.

In need to disable the Gapless Playback from iTunes. I've noticed that when the fuckin thing plays the end of a track that has some recorded silence or any kind of silence for that matter my cpu usage explodes to 100%

Its completely fucked and when i'm working on an app that also chews alot of cpu i crash.

Check the pic, thats only 5 secs of silence

cpu.gif.7ae4605bf0f66ab3c09f6d03e7537e1f.gif

Guest R@ndomH3ro

Burn to CD

Also what version are you using? XP comes with a file transfer already built in, you just need a Serial Cable (better known as the old 24 pin printer cables)