<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

^^^ THIS HAS BEEN ONE OF MY PLANS FOR THE PAST 8 MONTHS ^^^

i originally wanted a 40+" monitor but figured this would be less costly and look better

i just need for the stove and washing machine and water heater and furnace to stop breaking and needing to be replaced... i only have to replace the fridge and that is every big appliance in my house within six months... everytime i save up for this shit, something else goes wrong...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by Herbivore@Mar 9 2006, 10:19 AM

Alright, so I found the culprit in my "running large exe's causes my computer to freeze" situation. It was Microsoft Anti-Spyware. As soon as I shut it down, exe's ran normally. Now I can finally play the demo for Battle For Middle Earth II.... ha.

get the beta 2 the name of it is windows defender now still the same program just in its 2nd phase you will not get all the memory leaks and things

PC Support

Get all your Windows, Hardware, Networking, and software support questions answered here

PC Tips and Tricks, Modding

Linux/Unix Support

Get all your Linux/Unix questions answered here

Linux/Unix Tips and Tricks

Mac Support

Get all your mac questions answered here

Mac Tips and Tricks

Electronics

Get all your questions on MP3 players, Digital Cameras, Digital Video Cameras, TV's, etc. answered here

its all up to you of what you want on this thread so post your questions and suggestions

Originally posted by Herbivore@Mar 9 2006, 11:04 AM

"none available" for the peerguardian update just means that there's no new version of the program available. It'll say that most of the time.

Uh-oh... I fucked up Mainter's 1st post intro thing.

you bastard haha

Originally posted by EnimeeOne@Mar 8 2006, 02:28 PM

My Maxtor 120gig Hard Drive just died the other day, It cannot be detected in Bios and when its powered up it gives an 8 or 9 tone beep code.

Since Im a dumb ass and didnt back any of this info up, does anyone know some way to retrieve any of the data.

Im a little hesitant about taking it to a technician since I have photos of thousands of counts of my own criminal damage on there.

Any help?

Powermax 4.09 - FREE DOWNLOAD Category: C: \ System \ Hard Disk Utils

The POWERMAX.EXE utility is designed to perform diagnostic read/write verifications on Maxtor/Quantum hard drives. These tests will determine hard drive integrity. The POWERMAX.EXE utility is effective on all ATA (IDE) hard drives with a capacity greater than or equal to 500 MB. Maxtor recommends the use of this utility for troubleshooting potential hard drive problems. http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Powe...nload-2799.html

Originally posted by I.C.Shadow@Mar 9 2006, 02:21 PM

Mainter, you didn't fix shit...

And the 20 spot is still chillin in my cd drive, now I can't even use cd's.

Noob.

haha what the fuck you talkin about?

what was i fixing

me a noob?

sorry im no noob been in this shit for 10 years got my a+ software/hardware network + and mcse 20-290 certifications

so if you got any certs then you know what im talknig about

oh this i had nothing to do with it

Originally posted by Mainter+Feb 23 2006, 10:44 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mainter - Feb 23 2006, 10:44 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by lord_casek@Feb 23 2006, 10:16 PM

Originally posted by I.C.Shadow@Feb 23 2006, 11:08 PM

nano.jpg

So I got a monitor, it might suck though, I don't see all that info you were talking about. When I started the game the "In" jumped to 258 "Out" to 15 for like half a second. Now it just chills, even if I'm in chatrooms in the game. It surges when I got site to site or whatever, but having the game online doesn't seem to tax the monitor out.

Fuck, I suck at this shit. I used to be good with computers and now I know nothing =p

good job blurring your ip. you

do not want any of us to have it.

we're bored alot.

it isnt that good a reverse smudge brought it right back

try it boost the image to 200 percent then take your smudge tool set on size 10 level 5 and drag it back the numbers show up :king:

[/b]

Originally posted by Mainter@Feb 23 2006, 10:49 PM

Originally posted by I.C.Shadow@Feb 23 2006, 10:47 PM

Well, mainter, if you decide to hack me.

Myabe try to fix shit while you're here.

haha nah you better pay me first

Originally posted by Sparoism@Feb 23 2006, 10:50 PM

Yeah, for real.

Just put a twenty on the HD,,,he'll find it.

<!--QuoteBegin-I.C.Shadow@Feb 23 2006, 10:55 PM

lol.

I put the 20 in the cd drive.

Get crackin, you work for me now.

i could not do anything with the ip cause as soon as i posted you deleted the picture i had no copy

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1

Scan saved at 12:36:23 PM, on 3/10/2006

Platform: Windows 2000 SP4 (WinNT 5.00.2195)

MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:

C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe

C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\DefWatch.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\regsvc.exe

C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\SavRoam.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\MSTask.exe

C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\Rtvscan.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe

C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe

C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~2\VPTray.exe

C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE Professional\Ad-Watch.exe

C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe

C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

C:\Program Files\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://www.accoona.com/search_assistant/ac...ampaign=wdz0605

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.14catherine.com/

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = http://results.cafefind.net/exact/rotate/E..._OnlineTrading/

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = c:\windows\SYSTEM\blank.htm

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = gusher:80

R3 - Default URLSearchHook is missing

O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\ADOBE\ACROBAT 5.0\READER\ACTIVEX\ACROIEHELPER.OCX

O2 - BHO: Accoona Search Assistant - {944864A5-3916-46E2-96A9-A2E84F3F1208} - C:\Program Files\Accoona\ASearchAssist.dll (file missing)

O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll

O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx

O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [systemTray] SysTray.Exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [synchronization Manager] mobsync.exe /logon

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [vptray] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~2\VPTray.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Tthkxpkq] C:\Program Files\Wdzealx\Rjxib.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AWMON] "C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE Professional\Ad-Watch.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HbTools] C:\Program Files\HbTools\Bin\4.6.4.0\HbtOEAddOn.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WeatherOnTray] C:\Program Files\HbTools\Bin\4.6.4.0\HbtWeatherOnTray.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dgxiumwn] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ebsqqfvx.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [1ti2ntbj] C:\WINDOWS\system32\1ti2ntbj.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VrhCNk] C:\WINDOWS\ctrulyj.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dgnkz] C:\WINDOWS\dgnkz.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [V÷h$v�ùõš/‚²95�ß\�rbC:\Program Files\ISTsvc\istsvc.exe] C:\WINDOWS\ctrulyj.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [q25n0pui] C:\WINDOWS\system32\q25n0pui.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [surfAccuracy] C:\Program Files\SurfAccuracy\SAcc.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iST Service] C:\Program Files\ISTsvc\istsvc.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Media Gateway] C:\Program Files\Media Gateway\MediaGateway.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [internet Optimizer] "C:\Program Files\Internet Optimizer\optimize.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [bullsEye Network] C:\Program Files\BullsEye Network\bin\bargains.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [sais] c:\program files\180searchassistant\sais.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Power Scan] C:\Program Files\Power Scan\powerscan.exe

O4 - Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE

O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE

O4 - Global Startup: America Online Tray Icon.lnk = C:\America Online 4.0\aoltray.exe

O4 - Global Startup: NaturalColorLoad.lnk = C:\Program Files\SEC\Natural Color\NaturalColorLoad.exe

O4 - Global Startup: HotSync Manager.lnk = C:\Program Files\palmOne\HOTSYNC.EXE

O4 - Global Startup: PowerReg Scheduler.exe

O8 - Extra context menu item: &Google Search - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmsearch.html

O8 - Extra context menu item: &Translate English Word - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmwordtrans.html

O8 - Extra context menu item: Backward Links - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmbacklinks.html

O8 - Extra context menu item: Cached Snapshot of Page - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmcache.html

O8 - Extra context menu item: Similar Pages - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmsimilar.html

O8 - Extra context menu item: Translate Page into English - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmtrans.html

O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\PROGRA~1\INTERN~1\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll

O16 - DPF: {886DDE35-E585-11D0-A707-000000521958} - http://69.56.176.76/webplugin.cab

O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: Domain = nepss.local

O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{4AFA0070-1E52-4CC4-8744-F7B3A7D901EC}: NameServer = 64.65.196.6,64.65.208.6

O17 - HKLM\System\CS1\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: Domain = nepss.local

O17 - HKLM\System\CS2\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: Domain = nepss.local

O17 - HKLM\System\CS2\Services\Tcpip\..\{4AFA0070-1E52-4CC4-8744-F7B3A7D901EC}: NameServer = 64.65.196.6,64.65.208.6

O17 - HKLM\System\CS3\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: Domain = nepss.local

O17 - HKLM\System\CS3\Services\Tcpip\..\{4AFA0070-1E52-4CC4-8744-F7B3A7D901EC}: NameServer = 64.65.196.6,64.65.208.6

O20 - Winlogon Notify: NavLogon - C:\WINDOWS\system32\NavLogon.dll

O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe

O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe

O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe

O23 - Service: Symantec AntiVirus Definition Watcher (DefWatch) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\DefWatch.exe

O23 - Service: Logical Disk Manager Administrative Service (dmadmin) - VERITAS Software Corp. - C:\WINDOWS\System32\dmadmin.exe

O23 - Service: SAVRoam (SavRoam) - symantec - C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\SavRoam.exe

O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe

O23 - Service: Symantec AntiVirus - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\Rtvscan.exe

help!!!

pc at my work that has been royaly abused and now im stuck tryina fix it....

Originally posted by johnny ballbags@Mar 10 2006, 11:38 AM

how do you disable system restore in win2k pro?

If you want to completely disable System Restore, go to the |Troubleshooting| tab. Check the 'Disable System Restore' box

your hijack log is clean

need more info what is wrong with it what is it doing that is bad or different?

Originally posted by johnny ballbags@Mar 10 2006, 12:23 PM

hey maint... if the google toolbar is no good how about the gmail notifier?

the gmail notifer that google has made or the gmail notifier that is an extention of firefox (i use the firefox one do not like the one that google has you download

the one google made.... im still usin ie..

the pc im tryin to fix is full of spyware and viruses and i ran a full scan in safe mode and it found a whole bunch of shit... i deleted it all and its still fucked up...

you cant reset the homepage and its boggin down our whole network cuz of all the crap it has on it...

*im basically at the point where im just gonna format it but it had the cdrom drive ripped out of it... i copied the windows disc onto my jump drive... ima try to boot off that but i dont know how or if its gonna work

ok upon further investgation you do got alot of funky files sittin in yer computer i will list them off

C:\Program Files\HbTools

C:\WINDOWS\system32\ebsqqfvx.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\1ti2ntbj.exe

C:\Program Files\SurfAccuracy\SAcc.exe

C:\Program Files\BullsEye Network\bin\bargains.exe

c:\program files\180searchassistant\sais.exe

C:\Program Files\Power Scan\powerscan.exe

many many more damn i looked right over these

sorry but yeah your idea of formating the harddrive is the best plan at this point

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://www.accoona.com/search_assistant/ac...ampaign=wdz0605

Internet Start Page

This is where you go when you first open IE. Should be something like google.com

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.14catherine.com/

Internet Start Page

This is where you go when you first open IE. Should be something like google.com

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = http://results.cafefind.net/exact/rotate/E..._OnlineTrading/

Internet Start Page

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = c:\windows\SYSTEM\blank.htm

Internet Start Page

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = gusher:80

Internet Start Page

R3 - Default URLSearchHook is missing

Default Search Page

When using the search toolbar this is your default search. Should be either yahoo, msn or google cause all others suck

O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\ADOBE\ACROBAT 5.0\READER\ACTIVEX\ACROIEHELPER.OCX

O2 - BHO: Accoona Search Assistant - {944864A5-3916-46E2-96A9-A2E84F3F1208} - C:\Program Files\Accoona\ASearchAssist.dll (file missing)

O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll

O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx

O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VrhCNk] C:\WINDOWS\ctrulyj.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dgnkz] C:\WINDOWS\dgnkz.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [V÷h$v�ùõš/‚²95�ß\�rbC:\Program Files\ISTsvc\istsvc.exe] C:\WINDOWS\ctrulyj.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [q25n0pui] C:\WINDOWS\system32\q25n0pui.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [surfAccuracy] C:\Program Files\SurfAccuracy\SAcc.exe

SurfAccuracy

"SurfAccuracy adware"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iST Service] C:\Program Files\ISTsvc\istsvc.exe

IST Service

"ISTBar foistware"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Media Gateway] C:\Program Files\Media Gateway\MediaGateway.exe