<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

STUMPED.

NEEDED TO ACCESS A SITE THAT ENDED UP BEING PC COMPATIBLE ONLY.

WAS SUGGESTED TO DWNLOAD, "IE". I DID SO FROM THE "IE" SITE ITSELF.

NOW I AM UNABLE TO PLAY ANYTHING THAT HAS TO DO WITH QUICKTIME- YOUTUBE...ETC.

COMPUTER SEEMS TO RUN A LIL SLOWER, AND THIS IS A SERIOUSLY A STONER MOMENT.

I HAVE SEEM TO HAVE MADE THE SEARCH WINDOW FOR SAFARI """TADA - DISAPPEAR".

WITH A PUFF OF SMOKE<--------NOT A LIE.

HELP. PLEASE AND THANK YOU.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
STUMPED.

NEEDED TO ACCESS A SITE THAT ENDED UP BEING PC COMPATIBLE ONLY.

WAS SUGGESTED TO DWNLOAD, "IE". I DID SO FROM THE "IE" SITE ITSELF.

NOW I AM UNABLE TO PLAY ANYTHING THAT HAS TO DO WITH QUICKTIME- YOUTUBE...ETC.

COMPUTER SEEMS TO RUN A LIL SLOWER, AND THIS IS A SERIOUSLY A STONER MOMENT.

I HAVE SEEM TO HAVE MADE THE SEARCH WINDOW """TADA - DISAPPEAR".

WITH A PUFF OF SMOKE<--------NOT A LIE.

HELP. PLEASE AND THANK YOU.

uninstall IE

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/

Fuuuuck this... I go to demonoid to see if they have more episodes of hustle, that british con artist show and i get this:

We received a letter from a lawyer representing the CRIA, they were threatening 
with legal action and We need to start blocking Canadian traffic because of this. 
If you reside in Canada, that is the reason you are being redirected to this message. 
Thanks for your understanding, and sorry for any inconvenience.

demonoid is back up

p.gifNewspost - Sep/30/2007p.gif Downtime

We received a letter from a lawyer represeting the CRIA, they were threatening with legal action and we need to start blocking Canadian traffic because of this.

Thanks for your understanding, and sorry for any inconvenience.

yep already posted

ok its yer ISP ( the one who provides yer internet access ) they have a dns server down call them and tell em

Hey seffiks, it turns out that my wireless router (which i didnt mention) was causing it, i disconnected the wireless router and restarted it and BAM yahoo.com and all of its conglomerates are opening up again. The customer service at sbc seemed to know even less than i did, which is quite sad :( , thanks for the advice though

Hey seffiks, it turns out that my wireless router (which i didnt mention) was causing it, i disconnected the wireless router and restarted it and BAM yahoo.com and all of its conglomerates are opening up again. The customer service at sbc seemed to know even less than i did, which is quite sad :( , thanks for the advice though

yep should have mentioned the router (would have been the first place to start) well good job figuring it out

all ISP's have tiers level 3 is where this issue would have been fixed

you need to get a regular old internal and find one of those nice usb 2.0 enclosures for it.

you can get a 200 gig for less than 100$ and the enclosures are about $30 maybe a little more or less.

So the issue I'm coming across in my search is that I'm having a hard time identifying "good" brands or technology. When I poke around cNet.com the cheaper drives, external or not, seem to be seen as garbage if reviewed at all.

Any brands you would recommend? I need to move like 100gb off my comp (so I'm looking for maybe a 200gb drive), but I'd like it to remain quickly accessible as if it were still on the main computer. If that last part isn't even an issue, it just reinforces my need for your help <insert smiley face which I can not bring myself to type>...

Thanks.

So the issue I'm coming across in my search is that I'm having a hard time identifying "good" brands or technology. When I poke around cNet.com the cheaper drives, external or not, seem to be seen as garbage if reviewed at all.

Any brands you would recommend? I need to move like 100gb off my comp (so I'm looking for maybe a 200gb drive), but I'd like it to remain quickly accessible as if it were still on the main computer. If that last part isn't even an issue, it just reinforces my need for your help <insert smiley face which I can not bring myself to type>...

Thanks.

western or seagate