<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

if i leave an external hard drive unplugged for hours, will i lose my shit or does that stay in there forever?

it will stay there forever (well up to 5 years) thats the minimum

but external hard drives have a 5 to 7 year lifespan depending on how well you keep it organized

theres more if you want the details just ask

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Okay...not exactly computer, but Ipod question:

I have a 30gb Ipod video that had recently gone belly up on me. I can send it back to Apple and have them look it over but I'm worried because it has roms and an emulator installed. If I send it back are they gonna' get all (technically) illegal software on my ass?

ummm in most cases prolly not, the worst they are going to do is take away the warranty and not fix it

ummm in most cases prolly not, the worst they are going to do is take away the warranty and not fix it

One more question then...

I ended up ordering a replacement battery first (I think that could be the prob.) If that doesn't work and the thing is completely D.O.A. on my comp then there's now way of them telling once they got it that there's warranty voiding software on my hard drive (of the Ipod) is there? ...Or will they take the old hard drive and possibly pop it into a new ipod and see the files I'm speaking of?

I have to ask why is my modem resetting every so often? It is starting to do it more frequently by the day. It usually does it when I go to a Myspace with a heap of stuff on it.. Is it because I have 2 Instant messenger programs running simultaneously plus utorrent, and Firefox with a few tabs?

Or is it something else altogether?

I have to ask why is my modem resetting every so often? It is starting to do it more frequently by the day. It usually does it when I go to a Myspace with a heap of stuff on it.. Is it because I have 2 Instant messenger programs running simultaneously plus utorrent, and Firefox with a few tabs?

Or is it something else altogether?

how much ram do you have?

have you tried running tuneup utilities?

I'm gonna try that.

I have 1GB of RAM. But still, this never used to happen, it is only recently that this started to happen. Would it be because I have only 40GB left on my HD?

nah, you have plenty of space and plenty of ram.

run through a router? could need to update your firmware.

check for firefox updates, too.

something is buggy.

tuneup utils might take care of it.

I ran CCleaner and it seems to have done something. I don't mind that prog, but it always requires me to re-enter my username and password to get back on here, which I hate.

I'm running the disk doctor in Tuneup Utiliities at he moment, seeing what that says. Ahh it needs a restart. I'll try that and see what happens.

I ran CCleaner and it seems to have done something. I don't mind that prog, but it always requires me to re-enter my username and password to get back on here, which I hate.

I'm running the disk doctor in Tuneup Utiliities at he moment, seeing what that says. Ahh it needs a restart. I'll try that and see what happens.

try the internet optimization and system optimization in tuneup utils.

Australia hands over man to US courts

BEFORE he was extradited to the United States, Hew Griffiths, from Berkeley Vale in NSW, had never even set foot in America. But he had pirated software produced by American companies.

Now, having been given up to the US by former justice minister Chris Ellison, Griffiths, 44, is in a Virginia cell, facing up to 10 years in an American prison after a guilty plea late last month.

Griffiths' case — involving one of the first extraditions for intellectual property crime — has been a triumph for US authorities, demonstrating their ability to enforce US laws protecting US companies against Australians in Australia, with the co-operation of the Australian Government.

"Our agents and prosecutors are working tirelessly to nab intellectual property thieves, even where their crimes transcend international borders," US Attorney Chuck Rosenberg said.

In some corners of the Australian legal community, however, there is concern about Griffiths' case. In a recent article for the Australian Law Journal, NSW Chief Judge in Equity, Peter Young, wrote: "International copyright violations are a great problem. However, there is also the consideration that a country must protect its nationals from being removed from their homeland to a foreign country merely because the commercial interests of that foreign country are claimed to have been affected by the person's behaviour in Australia and the foreign country can exercise influence over Australia."

http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/australia-hands-over-man-to-us-courts/2007/05/06/1178390140855.html

Would that work with Rapidshare/Megaupload limits? I'm so pissed proxy2hide is gone, used to work perfectly.

it might. if not, find steganos (demonoid).

that shit works like a charm.

sometimes slow, but if you want security it's cool.

and here's a list in case you have some time to waste

http://www.ghacks.net/2006/01/15/web-proxy-list-january-2006/

ghacks.net has everything