<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I was all cool on downloading stuff until you guys, particularly Issac Brock, turned me on to torrents.

Now Ive got 3 newly released games, acouple new programs..all taking up space on my comuter, making sure I do nothing productive and pissing my girl off.

Thanks. Seriously though, tiger woods is worth it. Check it out.

DO IT.

Just updated and my shit got destroyed...

Lost all my boomarks, tabs dont work, shits mad retarted in general

how do i roll back?

Guys, help me out, this is a fuckin nightmare..mozilla sucks so much for me right now, bookmarks disappeared, tabs are fuckin glitchy as hell and the whole program is reacting

really poorly.

On a sidenote, mainter, your manual solution for WMP worked like a charm, you're unbelievable dude!

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Lost_bookmarks#Bookmarks_missing_after_installing_Firefox_2.0_on_Windows_.3F

Bookmarks missing after installing Firefox 2.0 on Windows ?

Quite a number of people using Windows are reporting that their bookmarks are missing after upgrading to Firefox 2.0. This problem is apparently related to the installer not properly exiting all running Firefox processes (bug 357922). In this case, the bookmarks are not lost. To restore the "missing" bookmarks and fix other problems that may be related to the upgrade: Uninstall Firefox, delete the Firefox program folder (usually "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox") and reinstall Firefox 2.0. The bookmarks will be back to normal (you may need to reinstall some added plugins).\

http://www.helpscreen.com.au/index.php?msgid=1359751500&cid=8

Johnny, that fixed it!

Good lookin out man..

The new firefox looks good but opera is steadily winning me.

Another problem:

My lg GSA4160B dvd recorder refuses to burn anything above 2x while its a 16x machine

I burned hundreds of dvd's at 16x.

So far i was using dvd+ and i keep noticing the problem with DVD-

whats up?

A hacker who as a teen cracked the encryption on DVDs has found a way to unlock the code that prevents iPod users from playing songs from download music stores other than Apple's iTunes, his company said on Tuesday.

Jon Lech Johansen, a 22-year-old Norwegian who lives in San Francisco, cracked Apple's FairPlay copy-protection technology, said Monique Farantzos, managing director at DoubleTwist, the company that plans to license the code to businesses.

"What he did was basically reverse-engineer FairPlay," she said. "This allows other companies to offer content for the iPod."

At the moment, Apple keeps music bought from its iTunes online music store only available for Apple products, while songs bought from other online stores typically do not work on iPods. But Johansen's technology could help rivals sell competing products that play music from iTunes and offer songs for download that work on iPods as they seek to take a bite out of Apple's dominance of digital music.

ITunes commands an 88 percent share of legal song downloads in the United States, while the iPod dominates digital music player sales with more than 60 percent of the market.

Cupertino, California-based Apple, whose profits have soared in recent years on the strength of the iPod, declined to comment.

Johansen, known as DVD Jon, gained fame at 15 when he wrote and distributed a program that cracked the encryption codes on DVDs. This allowed DVDs to be copied and played back on any device.

His latest feat could help companies such as Microsoft, Nokia, Sony Ericsson and Samsung, which have all announced plans over the past few months for music download services combined with new devices to challenge Apple.

Review: Hands on with the Zune

x1pc_jqddVOWRn5jdPyQiUJpmJxjtuIZ_f5J390gFyb_Rk6rdc4t9iQ_ogfaWCntLcoAeqQY06kFo2vaE3yy0jmcnw2lTr-5ePo-lLGi9Ul6zkXxLiJEA7AadRCd7AjMazSXAhePydq09E

Microsoft's iPod-slaying Zune player is finally seeing the light of day. Some of the game press folks are getting hands on reviews done, like this one from 2Old2Play. These guys saw them at Microsoft's campus up in the cold and rainy Northwest. All kinds of colors, including a brown that was strangely popular.

Folks are liking the user interface...mostly. And it's got the expected video and music playback features. The Zune service software handles both the player and Windows Media Player and in a small surprise it also hooks into the xBox 360 music interface. Still now real word on when we can buy one.