<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

All right, I'll do that.

Using XP after having used Linux for so long is strange, but kind of nice. It's like hooking up with an ex-girlfriend after you've been with other people.

That's a really weird comparision, but somehow it makes sense to me. And, no....I'm not fucking my computer.

IT'S JUST A COMPARISION. DON'T GET IT TWISTED.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

oh, come on, don't say you haven't looked at that sexy ass boot screen and said "damn....microsoft is lookin mighty fine toooooday!! uh!"

haha. this is funny. i got bored and decided that my last install was too cluttered. so i format

the drive and reinstall barely naked (nekkid here in the south).

i'm just getting shit back together on it. luckily, i'm awesome and computer knows it.

it's pretty much being my bitch right now. not a hiccup in sight.

the main thing i was having trouble with is an old reg value that wasn't going away. it was preventing me from installing "ntune" and clocking my ram and gpu to optimal performance.

i've got some odd amount of ram and i don't like doing the math for the ras and cas shits.

so, while business is slow, i'm doing some "fun" junk with the ole' compruter.

Ha ha... well, the Windiz thing didn't work due to some WOW32.dll thing, so I DL'ed it and am now trying to remember where the :plugins directory is. I'm tired, I've been doing this too long....now, spectr's on his way here. He probably needs me to mule some flake over the border.

Ha ha... well' date=' the Windiz thing didn't work due to some WOW32.dll thing, so I DL'ed it and am now trying to remember where the :plugins directory is. I'm tired, I've been doing this too long....now, spectr's on his way here. He probably needs me to mule some flake over the border.[/quote']

prolly your system32 directory.

tell spectr i';ll have the protection money to him by friday, i swear it!

i did a bad thing today i went to the mall with a linux live cd and well dell had a display up with like 10 laptops and desktops well they have there shit all locked out where you can't go anywhere so i popped the cd in loaded up linux and deleted everything in the windows system32 folder:innocent: just for kicks and giggles i love doing that it gives them dell losers something to do while trying to sell garbage to unexpecting customers i had to give back to the community somehow you know what i mean

Wait...I have a Dell. In fact, I'm using it right now.

I did buy it at the North Oakland version of Sanford and Son, though.

That is a pretty funny prank. Next time you do that, use RockLinux...it's 100% CLI. They'll never figure it out.

Oh...better yet, there's a Debian-based distro that's entirely in Nepalese. That will completely blow their minds.

So Im looking at getting a few things for me computer. An external hard drive to store all this retarded amounts of music i have been dl and an external dvd and cd burner. Any suggestions on good products for me.

I went to Comp usa and the nerds that work there kept talking shit to me like i dont know what a megabyte is. I hope you guys dont do the same.

So Im looking at getting a few things for me computer. An external hard drive to store all this retarded amounts of music i have been dl and an external dvd and cd burner. Any suggestions on good products for me.

I went to Comp usa and the nerds that work there kept talking shit to me like i dont know what a megabyte is. I hope you guys dont do the same.

no we are not like that mike what you need is tell us how much you are looking to spend it has alot to do with what you can be in the field of getting

how much room do you need on the external harddrive this will be in the gigabyte or terabyte range 1024mb = 1 gb 1024 gb = you guessed it 1 terabyte 1024tb = ??? you tell me, and so on

will you be burning movies and things with the new dvd burner if so you might want to get a dvd+_- and we got to find out if yer motherboard will support a new dvd rom or a external hardrive

and another thing we need to find out what type a connection yer computer can handle for the external harddrive

and yet again NEVER SHOP COMPUSA

the sites you want to stick to are *newegg.com

and buy.com (2nd choice)

Guest spectr

yo nigga a megabyte is what i do to your mom

LaCie dvd cd burner...

check the ibm desktar my boy rocks it for running servers say's it never gets bad sectors and he works in the " industry "

A friend send me a .WMV file (i think - it was a movie) via MSN Messenger, and as soon as I tried to open it, windows 'blocked' it for being potentially harmful. It is no longer in received files. How do I remedy this?

(I run Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security)

dam this was a hard post to make. man my laptop been fucking up since shai touched it......

No, that's a side effect for people who threaten to break into my room and put keyloggers on my comp.

What's wrong with it? Wait a minute...is Opera running slow for you, too? It went bonkers on the XP install right after you left...then I booted up the Linux drive- same thing. Weird.

So, I can't blame you, although it would be nice.

no we are not like that mike what you need is tell us how much you are looking to spend it has alot to do with what you can be in the field of getting

how much room do you need on the external harddrive this will be in the gigabyte or terabyte range 1024mb = 1 gb 1024 gb = you guessed it 1 terabyte 1024tb = ??? you tell me, and so on

will you be burning movies and things with the new dvd burner if so you might want to get a dvd+_- and we got to find out if yer motherboard will support a new dvd rom or a external hardrive

and another thing we need to find out what type a connection yer computer can handle for the external harddrive

and yet again NEVER SHOP COMPUSA

the sites you want to stick to are *newegg.com

and buy.com (2nd choice)

Okay. I dont really know where to begin.

Yeah I will be burning massive amounts of dvds.

The computer isnt that old.

I have around 70g of hard drive space, its getting used up way too quick.

I have 5 free USB ports 3 in the back 2 in the front.

upon further inspection it looks like i can burn cds with this drive, but there is no program to burn with on this computer. Perhaps my cousin sold that program for crank before i repo'd this machine from her.

anywhoWhat info do you need? I could spend limitless amounts of money on this stuff but id like to keep it all around $400-500 if possible.

I dont need terabytes. Thats a rediculous amount of space. Maybe around a 300g or so external hd.

i did a little shopping for you i love this external hd i got 3 of them they are not being sold at newegg at this time (a few weeks ago they had a big sale for them i was gonna buy one they were only 200 dollars) but i did not need one

sense I was bored I did some shopping for you and here it is this is a highly rated online store you should not have any problems

http://www.nothingbutsoftware.com/catalog_type.asp?ProductCode=35607&ai=532

well considering the up post just hold on to this link

um bestbuy or circuitcity would be yer best choice but they will boost the price by 20%

I'm back...my roommate, Mr. Funny Guy, thought it would be a hoot to switch my ethernet cable from the router to the wireless hub...thus, resulting in endless dropped packets. Without telling me, of course. It's fixed...but, jeez, I thought both my computers were hosed. Not cool, mang.

So, what should I do to get even?