Hitman

CACashRefund

In 1993, a triple murder was committed in Montgomery County by a man who was alleged to have used this book, Hit Man, as his guide. He was caught and convicted and sentenced to death. Wanting to profit from their loved one's murder, and realizing that the murderer himself was too poor to be worth suing, the family of those killed by the hit man sued Paladin Press, the publisher of the book Hit Man, saying Paladin Press "aided and abetted" the murder.

May 21, 1999, Paladin Press settled the case, giving the families of those killed by the hit man several million dollars, agreeing to destroy the remaining 700 copies of the book in their possession, and surrendering any rights they have to publish and reproduce the work. While the families were successful in profiting from their loved one's death, they have not been successful in stifling the book. With the surrender of the publishing rights by Paladin Press, the book has entered the public domain, and was published on the Internet at Overthrow.com in its entirety on May 22, 1999.

The book was initially published in 1983. 13,000 copies of the book are now in existence. There has only ever been one case where the book was associated with a crime, in that case the criminal had recently finished a lengthy prison sentence and had a history of prior violent crime. It is our opinion this book has never incited a murder, that the settlement of the Paladin Press case was wrong and forced by the insurance company, and that this book, and no book, should be banned. We invite the public to judge for themselves.

That said, here is Hit Man ...

Read it if you are so inclined and discuss what do you think?

Ive read it and it really does tell you how to commit a murder, that shit is detailed. and precise. Its a good read, i mean i wouldnt think of doing anything of the sort but i was it kept my interest throughout.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 2 weeks later...

he made alot of mistakes, most of which were "donts" in the book.

one example of this i can recall of top, is when the guy arrived at a hotel in the city the target was in, well in th ebook it says to never show your id for any reason and to avoid doing this at a hotel you should pay in cash. well, when he gets there the guy has the cash but the hotel demands the id, if i was him i just would have found another hotel and told this one i didnt have id.

And i think thats how they found out throught he course of th einvestigation who he was.