Spray safe!

Guest Ouija

Gloves, respirator, dark clouthing, proper can management / storage. Try not maken yourself look suspicious. Don't forget to try and not make any unnecessary noise. DO NOT EVER LEAVE emptys, used or unused gloves and caps behind and laying around, even if its some so called ultra chill spot. YOU JUST DONT DO IT. The rest of the task is all you.

Thats about all you really need to know about spraying safe. Other then just useing Common Sense!

PS Turn that fucking cell phone OFF! If you cant see? To bad, deal with it.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gloves, respirator, dark clouthing, proper can management / storage. Try not maken yourself look suspicious. Don't forget to try and not make any unnecessary noise. DO NOT EVER LEAVE emptys, used or unused gloves and caps behind and laying around, even if its some so called ultra chill spot. YOU JUST DONT DO IT. The rest of the task is all you.

Thats about all you really need to know about spraying safe. Other then just useing Common Sense!

Thanks for the reply.

I expect it to be really dark under the bridge because it was dark when I went down there in the daytime but I guess I can deal without that light. I don't really know how I can make myself not look suspicious when walking by myself in the middle of the night. Wouldn't any cop stop and check the person to see what is up with being out so late (i'm underage and really look it)?

I was thinking of taking the cans in a grocery bag to look less suspicious. Also what time would you recommend for being the best time? I was thinking really early in the morning because there commonly are people active at that time and the businesses are still closed with cars seen really rare.

yo for the record, make sure the paint you buy doesnt have a chemcial called toluene. i have nerve damage from inhaling it and now i constantly shake a little bit. its nothing serious im no michael j fox and it doesnt inhibit me from daily tasks and its not like i cant write as good because if it but i mean like i cant hold my hands still for shit. fuck respirators though they're the sketch nasty. just cover your shit with a bandana around your neck and when you paint lift it up

color place has that in it, montana gold doesn't, i don't have any other cans around atm though but shit imma be careful aboot that

Thanks for the reply.

I expect it to be really dark under the bridge because it was dark when I went down there in the daytime but I guess I can deal without that light. I don't really know how I can make myself not look suspicious when walking by myself in the middle of the night. Wouldn't any cop stop and check the person to see what is up with being out so late (i'm underage and really look it)?

I was thinking of taking the cans in a grocery bag to look less suspicious. Also what time would you recommend for being the best time? I was thinking really early in the morning because there commonly are people active at that time and the businesses are still closed with cars seen really rare.

I went to the spot at around 4:00 pm. The cans I used were Quick Color from Home Depot at 0.99 each. I guess I got what I paid for because the whites were really shitty. The black seemed to work fine on the other hand. I also haven't really done graffiti before so I didn't test to see how the caps would work. I used an astro fat caps for the fill and the outline and the fucking paint leaked all over my hand. I took pics. If anyone is interested on how the shitty paint looks just ask.

• 3 weeks later...
Here it is. The paint was leaking from the black and white cans so much it went all the way down my wrist.

The colors can kind of be used to show how well quick color works. White was really shitty & practically invisible.

3938148775_1a055824a6.jpg

3938930284_8a7d597a29.jpg

I picked up some of the white the other day just to see how it works. Your right its complete shit! The stuff was almost clear and driped like hell. All my caps worked fine on it though including a boston thin, rusto fat, and a pink dot.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Here it is. The paint was leaking from the black and white cans so much it went all the way down my wrist.

The colors can kind of be used to show how well quick color works. White was really shitty & practically invisible.

3938148775_1a055824a6.jpg

3938930284_8a7d597a29.jpg

why are you drawing pictures of foot sandals on the wall

quickcolor black is the shit, dont hate. never tried the white tho...

and rusto, get your teeth checked... i know what feeling your talking about but ive never gotten it from painting... and ive also always chalked the shaking up to the muscles in my hand being under strain for so long and then being under no strain. sorta like how sometimes you shake after lifting too much?

and also, am i the only fucking person who after painting for about 30 minutes my "dominate" painting finger (right index) completely goes to shit and gets so weak it cant even press the cap half down? its been like this for a LONG time and im starting to get too good with my left hand for my liking...

^Haha i hate that feeling. Usually i have to switch to spraying with my thumb. I think if i went to my left hand it'd look, well just horrible like a five year old trying to paint for the first time.

And you ever get the feeling in your finger like its stuck? Like even when you try to just relax it goes back into painting position..

^Haha i hate that feeling. Usually i have to switch to spraying with my thumb. I think if i went to my left hand it'd look, well just horrible like a five year old trying to paint for the first time.

And you ever get the feeling in your finger like its stuck? Like even when you try to just relax it goes back into painting position..

everything i do after the fill is done with my left... hahaa

and yes, i HATE that.

quickcolor black is the shit, dont hate. never tried the white tho...

and rusto, get your teeth checked... i know what feeling your talking about but ive never gotten it from painting... and ive also always chalked the shaking up to the muscles in my hand being under strain for so long and then being under no strain. sorta like how sometimes you shake after lifting too much?

and also, am i the only fucking person who after painting for about 30 minutes my "dominate" painting finger (right index) completely goes to shit and gets so weak it cant even press the cap half down? its been like this for a LONG time and im starting to get too good with my left hand for my liking...

same here i get that felling to either i just switch hands or take a brake for a little bit

• 2 weeks later...

i go as far as telling people that are with me to pick up their cigarette butts. the best way to really do it in my opinion if you just want to paint 1 or 2 panels is just double bag your cans in some plain old plastic grocery bag and just put a few caps in your pocket. and youre good to go. and of course do follow the all the points that Rustofills brought up. dont paint over any numbers or reporting marks on the cars. and last but not least dont paint over the reflectors i belive this can be another dead give away for workers/bulls. good luck

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I skimmed through these pages and didn't see anything about storage for graffiti supplies.

An extremely good idea if you don't want to end up with some serious problems is to keep any of your supplies containing any chemicals in a tote box or a crate with a lid. I didn't even realize how bad these chemicals reeked until I started storing them, almost adapting to the smell.

P.s. Don't leave your respirator near your chemicals or any strong subtances for that matter, even a smoky room or else the cartridges will absorb all of such and become useless/harmful.

I went to the spot at around 4:00 pm. The cans I used were Quick Color from Home Depot at 0.99 each. I guess I got what I paid for because the whites were really shitty. The black seemed to work fine on the other hand. I also haven't really done graffiti before so I didn't test to see how the caps would work. I used an astro fat caps for the fill and the outline and the fucking paint leaked all over my hand. I took pics. If anyone is interested on how the shitty paint looks just ask.

real writers dont buy paint... step ur racc game up... lol

What if you respirator gets wet. Left it outside one night and it rained.

I used it since then and I don't smell paint.

As long as your filters are dry, then you are fine. Infact it shouldnt matter if the filters are wet. But you might want to get new filters and swap them out. If the ones you have on it now are older? Then you stand a real chance of mold growing in them. Which can be worse for you then fumes if its aload to grow inside the filter.

Just saying.

word, thanks for the info guys, i woulda bin fucked if i didn't read this, i've been painting for about half a year now and i would never have worn a mask, i didnt even think of it, and i rarely wear gloves, i'm definetly hitting up Wal Mart to buy a mask. Oh, and will i need gloves if i use a paint gun ?

Archived