ipon NANO

JUDONO?

Originally posted by beardofzeus@Oct 18 2005, 11:57 PM

There's no reason to hate on apple. They are very innovative.

No, no they're not. They have very good industrial designers who put faggy marketable shells on things that have already been invented, and a good marketing department that convinces people that they invented them.

Don't confuse good product design for the "innovation" their marketing material tells you it is.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Originally posted by Biggus Dickus+Oct 19 2005, 06:22 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Biggus Dickus - Oct 19 2005, 06:22 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-beardofzeus@Oct 18 2005, 11:57 PM

There's no reason to hate on apple.  They are very innovative.

No, no they're not. They have very good industrial designers who put faggy marketable shells on things that have already been invented, and a good marketing department that convinces people that they invented them.

Don't confuse good product design for the "innovation" their marketing material tells you it is.

[/b]

I don't think Apple is trying to convince anyone that they're the first ones to come up with an MP3 player. I don't know that I've ever seen an ad or heard Steve Jobs say they invented this technology.

However, they are innovative in their design. And even someone as cynical as you seem to be has to admit that good design wins out over poor design... even if the poorly designed product is better in its use. Aesthetics go a long way in most folks eyes. I think that holds true for just about any product. Clothing, Automobiles, Bicycles, Toasters, Televisons, Shoes and so on.

Though some people just don't care about aesthetics or good design and only care about cost and use. These are the ones I like to call "The Torchiere Society". Named after the ugly cheap torchiere lamps that you can buy at any Target, Kmart or Home Depot. I have little patience for these people because no amount of reasoning will bring them around. For them, it's the easy and cheap way or the highway. Quality means nothing.

Apple doesnt make the best MP3 players they jus have the most popular. I have the mini but I had to get it send it back and get it replaced cuz the iPod batteries get fucked up easily. When mine breaks agen im gettin the nano insted.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest imported_Tesseract

If they stole it, they did quite a good job on making it look/work 10000000 times better. I'm not up for big companies fuckin up the market like that but theres a reason. Ipods ARE the best and the iTunes shop is fuckin brilliant. Y'all have to face that.