TOX LONDON

Gael Force

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by religion@Jul 18 2005, 12:37 AM

pure raw graffiti. uninfluenced style. dedicated bombing. I dig it.

There is a big difference between people who "try" to write graffiti, and people who just do. To me Tox is graffiti without the glossy bullshit. Pure.

bla bla bla.....love him for bein up and a hardcore bomber.i do. big respect for that.

but please leave any attempts to explain his "rawness" of style or such...aside...can't hear that crap anymore... you wouldnt give any toy at this low level of style any attention...yeah, would rather diss the hell out of this "style?"...

no development, no style, no ideas....but everywhere = tox style.

you are all blinded by him being up... and don't dare to speak out truth...

the only dickheads cussing tox are these gay wall writers who think anything non arty or fresh aint worth reading about! stick to doin aerosol art on your legal walls and kid yourself your a writer. "but no blah blah tpg do trains and have style tox dont", piss off you cunts.

Originally posted by theillp@Jul 18 2005, 11:21 AM

he doesnt write ONLY for himself you dumbass.. i can back myself up like crazy but i dont feel like it...

Obviously you were referring to my comment, you parrot faced gecko. Learn how to use the quote feature meng! I am sure Tox bombs for his mom, older brother and ex-girlfriend, no to mention bombing to impress the in crowd at high school. :clown2:

Tox05.jpg

Philadelphia | San Francisco | Shanghai | Seattle | Toronto | Washington DC June 06, 2005

Return of the Tox?

If they ever create a graffiti Hall of Fame, one of the first inductees will surely be the mysterious figure known as Tox. He’s been spamming the London rail infrastructure with his tag for years. That was until last year, when he seems to have rethought his errant ways after having an ASBO slapped on him (why are ASBOs always slapped?). But a recent sighting of his work suggests he may be up to his old tricks. So has he come out of retirement?

Anyone using public transport, particularly to the north-west of London, can't help but notice the ubiquity of his tag: the simple yet winning formula of spraying 'Tox' followed by the last two numbers of the year. Genius! There’s no art or grace to it, in fact, his graffiti is rubbish by any standards. It’s just the sheer quantity that’s won him fame. While the Londonist doesn't condone rail vandalism, you have to applaud his work ethic. There are almost as many Tox tags along London's railway lines as there are signal failures. The heyday came in 2003, when ‘Tox03’ covered every available inch of the Metropolitan line, sometimes in places so inaccessible as to suggest he’s the rather unlikely lovechild of multiarmed Vishnu and Mr Tickle. As one cognoscente of the art form put it “i aint a big fan of tox but give him props cos he is up everywere kist smacks it das you know anything about zelda gettin shift?” High praise indeed…we think.

With each new year, aficionados would await the first new Tox tag like an early sign of spring. But last year, the transport police finally got their man, 19-year-old ***** ***** from Stockwell, and slapped (there really is no other verb) that ASBO on him. With each passing month of 2005 and no new tags, it looked like the writing was on the wall (or should that be ‘not on the wall’?) for the enigmatic Tox. But finally, it seems he’s returned. Those who dare venture onto the Silverlink can spot a few Tox05 tags at Camden Road station (including a rare back-to-front motif on a window). Is it him? Is he defying his ASBO? Well, let us spray…

Have you spotted any Tox05 tags

http://www.londonist.com/archives/2005/06/...rn_of_the_t.php

Guest Hustleman

i saw that on the news tonite here in nyc^...ill come off...2bad its because what its because of but thaT goes without sayin,,big up this guy TOX

• 1 year later...