CAPS sooperthread

haunts

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone here has me so confused that I'm not sure. I had over 10,000 Boston Thins and racked only one of the Elmer's Fats, so naturally I lost it somewhere in the mix. I did try it though, and in my experience it was definitely a thicker line than our thins.

The Bostons work on Rusto, old Krylon (best cap ever on these cans), and also on Spanish Montana (a bit spitty but nice lines). Also, if you're in Canada, I've been told that they are the best thing to ever happen to Tremclad paints.

Sometimes they are tricky on Montana and you have to twist them or mess with them to get them to work right, but for the most part there's no issues. Were you trying to use them on Montana Knux?

ok so i just got the new trout art supply caps in and was pleased with all of them, long-story-short. for a detailed review, here is the rest of it. if you dont like reading, you can push on..

boston thin pimage_71_000000001.jpg

(tested on rustoleum industrial)

first off, i learned that this is NOT the same as the caps on elmers. lemme say it again a few times to make it obvious..

THIS IS NOT AN ELMER FAT CAP

now before you get a little shifty because you just placed an order on these, rest assured, these caps are PERFECT for an all around, all day cap. this cap performed well in misting (comparable to a blue dot's mist), filling comparable to a rusto fat (tiny bit smaller) and the thin is just like a german. if you can handle a flare pretty well with other caps, this cap is gonna be the shit. if you have the elmer fat at home, you quickly realizethat there is not much of an easy way to get a skinny line with it. these boston thins are the perfect compliment to the elmer fats. i could do an entire piece with one of each.

Trout Thin (white bishop cap with clear dot)

flared from 2 inches to 1/2cm!!!

this cap performed great, and with the valve pressed all the way down (full pressure) and a quick stroke it produced a half a centimeter stroke! these cans are variable pressure, so im sure you could get VERY thin and precise details with these caps. it produces a slow line and a solid stroke from fat to thin.

Trout Fat (white bishop cap with black dot)

flared 3 inches to 1cm at full pressure

this cap produced a line that could easily be 4 inches at full pressure (the can is variable pressure. rusto 2x) with the center 3 inches being solid and the last inch being a little fuzzy, but still defined. that is why it was rated at 3 inches officially. this cap is a really solid cap that produces lines similar to the way a pink dot would on rusto (typically, on rustoleum industrial, pink dots dont come out as wide as they do with euro paint and with krylon, they just have a fuzzy border and a strong center with a slightly smaller, but still very fat line. just had to clarify before anyone gets their feelings hurt)

and it is a good cap for fills.

a mention about all the caps that i would like to talk about is that all the caps fit onto the cans quite snuggly and were not selectively compatible like other cans used to be with female caps. i had some female caps that would fit ok on some cans and then on others it would spit or like not fit at all. (same brand different colors. before the 2x change) these caps worked on like 10 diff colors for me, so it should work with everyone elses shit without fail.

the trout shipping was fast also, i got the shit shipped to me in like 72 hours for just regular ground shipping. reliable service, and availability of the staff is a plus.

5 stars. well done Trout. when will you be restocked with caps? im down for a hundred bostons and however many female caps as i can get as soon as you have more. i was checking your web site to get pics for the caps but i see you are out of stock so i couldnt find the pics.

lemme know if anybody has any questions about how these caps actually perform and ill answer to the best of my ability as my camera is broken atm (touch screen on my phone is all jacked up from falling out the truck)

The female caps are stocked, they're just on their own section of the site. The Boston Rusto Thins should be in within a week or two.

shit i wish i could go back and add the pictures. ill be ordering some more then... hahah thanks btw.

noone has been able to answer my augor question yet... dude uses a cap that is like a trigger and a nozzle, not a normal cap, and it is in a tiny spray paint sized can, how do you do that

i doubt that if you had that tip you would use it in the streets ... just my 2cents:scrambled:

noone has been able to answer my augor question yet... dude uses a cap that is like a trigger and a nozzle, not a normal cap, and it is in a tiny spray paint sized can, how do you do that

painter's touch 2x + trigger cap from tire cleaner.

there.

also try popping the dots out of certain fat caps and you get really cool long range caps.

hahaha same here doooood any cooking spray has a nice fat on it, but honestly just spend some extra cash and go to trout. i got the female caps from there and they are TOO dope.

i mean lemme say it this way... those caps, plus the variable pressure valves on the 2x really have me occupied as far as new fun and learning because, unless you have molotow money, 2x is the only variable pressure we can fuck with here in the states. especially the states with no reasonably priced graff shops.

Archived