<br />L.A.'s Budding Mogadishus

Carl Winslow.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Yes seeks.... battle rap will dissipate all unnecessary anger and vent frustration. Yay for positive outlets.

well sorry to hear that graffiti and hip hop were not your saving grace.... symbols

but you have a point... puppies are adorable!

Carnival%20Puppies.JPG

my goodness puppies are so cute! this would melt the heart of any hardened criminal!

well.... some people say that 'hiphop' helped ease

the gang shit that was happening in new york during the 70's.

Any activity that gets kids involved with somethign that isn't

banging is a good thing.

< the last boy scout >

just FYI....

the term 'third world' mean simply that it's not a western democracy or a commuinist state.

The 'first world' was the west, then the reds, then the countries not aligned to either of those governments.

It's really an outdated term. Now it's 'developping nations'

oh...and there was something like this in milwaukee a couple years ago, somewhat. Some guy was walking down street, kids said something and he was like shut up. These kids chased him down and stamped him with a shovel or something, bloody mess all over someones house. Media was calling it little mogadishu or something.

Originally posted by seeking@Dec 30 2004, 12:19 PM

villian,

sorry homie, but those 'puppies' look like little mutant mole people. very spooky.

Haha.... I kinda thought so too but I liked the overall layout of the picture. Hey, mutant mole people need love too!

"Africans in america don't believe they're still in chains. People in amerikkka don't believe the devils still the same." NMS

Originally posted by seeking@Dec 30 2004, 12:19 PM

villian,

sorry homie, but those 'puppies' look like little mutant mole people. very spooky.

The man has a strong point.

Poverty is one of those problems for which, as Robert MacNamara put it, there is no immediate and obvious solution.

Originally posted by Nekro+Dec 30 2004, 07:54 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nekro - Dec 30 2004, 07:54 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-seeking@Dec 30 2004, 12:19 PM

villian,

Poverty is one of those problems for which, as Robert MacNamara put it, there is no immediate and obvious solution.

[/b]

MacNamara was a fucking murderer.

Good thread..

There is of course, no immediate solution to the problem. Unless of course you kill them all (like seeking said). Even with a huge reformation program under new leadership (but when is that going to happen?), to eradicate gangs... Through social reform and whatnot, would take years and years. I don't see any social reform coming anytime soon in America. Our culture is too ingrained

THe disparity between the 'upper' and 'lower' classes is huge when you look at the educational/health benefits offered to the lower class. Education itself is a huge problem (and I understand it lost a lot of fudning too on account of Bush), and is a major key to stunting the growth of kids int he inner city. The schools are just plain awful (in most cases). Here's a nice short article on How tax breaks masquerade as school reformhttp://www.usatoday.com/news/opinion/2001-06-04-nceditf.htm

But i'm diverging I suppose.. but fucked up or not, these things are always interesting to read. The American middle/upper class are making bounds and leaps, property value in good areas is outstanding, consumerism is rolling, and you really do get your bang for your buck, whether its with huge amounts of food (ever notice how fucking giant USA's supermarkets are compared to other parts of the world? Wait, you ever notice how EVERYTHING in america is supersized??), clothes, etc.. anything you need. America has got it, and for a good price.

the gap between the rich and poor is ever widening, one of the tell-tale signs of a 'third world nation'.

*HEY! it wont let me edit, so disregard my prvious post and read thsi one instead!!!!

Good thread..

There is of course, no immediate solution to the problem. Unless of course you kill them all (like seeking said). Even with a huge reformation program under new leadership (but when is that going to happen?), to eradicate gangs... Through social reform and whatnot, would take years and years. I don't see any social reform coming anytime soon in America. Our culture is too ingrained with the idea that things are fucking 100% awesome here, and there are no problems, and there's no more racism, and everything is equal, and everyone is makign great headway into the new age of comfort and convinience.

THe disparity between the 'upper' and 'lower' classes is huge when you look at the educational/health benefits offered to the lower class. Education itself is a huge problem (and I understand it lost a lot of fudning too on account of Bush), and is a major key to stunting the growth of kids int he inner city. The schools are just plain awful (in most cases). Here's a nice short article on How tax breaks masquerade as school reformhttp://www.usatoday.com/news/opinion/2001-06-04-nceditf.htm

But i'm diverging I suppose.. but fucked up or not, these things are always interesting to read. The American middle/upper class are making bounds and leaps, property value in good areas is outstanding, consumerism is rolling, and you really do get your bang for your buck, whether its with huge amounts of food (ever notice how fucking giant USA's supermarkets are compared to other parts of the world? Wait, you ever notice how EVERYTHING in america is supersized??), clothes, etc.. anything you need. America has got it, and for a good price.

the gap between the rich and poor is ever widening, one of the tell-tale signs of a 'third world nation'. But it never will happen, the upper class is too sophisticated to let people catch wind of the bullshit under the carpet. Everyone knows there's fucked up areas in every city, but no one really stops and thinks to themselves (while they're sitting at home watching sitcoms or eating burgers) that while they're sitting comfy, some 13 year old girl is getting gang raped in the hood and her brother, who is just a fucking kid, has to join a gang to prevent her from getting killed.

There's a curse, and its called cognitive dissonance.. And it is rampant everywhere, and i suppose it always has.

cognitive dissonance is a pyschological term i suppose, now becoming sort of a 'hot phrase' to describe the postmodern man or woman.

Originally posted by seeking@Dec 27 2004, 11:32 AM

usually i have answers for everything, but this is a subject ive always been pretty stumped on.

what goes on in areas like this are definitely symptomatic of a larger problem, but there comes a point where the symptoms themselves are sometimes worse than the problem was, and make it impossible to fix without radical measures (that most people are too removed and pompous to be willing to accept). when you have kids raping 13 year old girls just so someone joins your gang...thats not really the kind of thing that you can 'reform' out of someone i dont think. people like that need more than an after school program and midnight basketball.

i hate to be a dick, but when we find one cow that has madcow disease, we'll kill 200,000 of them 'just to be sure'. i can't really say i value human life any more than animal life, so as far as i'm concerned....you do the math.

seeks/yes, i'd feel the same way if they were white

Since most people in these areas are people of color and immigrants, why don't we stop being so racist and xenophobic and give them a fucking chance. I mean, mass genocide against Los Angeles, I don't fucking think so. Seeking your attitude is right along side something that Hitler or Stalin would have said, which doesn't really surprise me. How about getting all of these druggies some help instead of throwing them in a cell for 60 years? It costs more to incarcerate someone for life than it does to rehabilitate them.

But bottom line, no matter how horrible it is, human beings will kill eachother. It's human nature. I'm not saying it's a good thing, but it happens sometimes. Although I'm not condoning it.

Originally posted by Nekro+Dec 30 2004, 05:54 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nekro - Dec 30 2004, 05:54 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-seeking@Dec 30 2004, 12:19 PM

villian,

[/b]

A certain level of poverty and an underclass is necessary for a capitalist society to function.

Unemployment for blacks in New York city is 50%. Fucked up.

Oh I forgot to mention that this is the same percentage of palestinians unemployed under Isreali occupation.

This stinks to high heaven of conspiracy.

People need to go to hell already.

Archived