Caseks-Computer-Corner

RumPuncher

OK dvd's have "regions" that they are from or designed for etc. When I try play dvd's from different regions now i get a warning that it is my last shot to change the region and then it is done for good. Obviously there is a way to avoid this so that i can watch dvd's from all regions. I have been watching them from all regions but now it says i can only change it once more. I know it must be something easy i jsut dont know what.

If i didnt explain that properly I'm sorry but you know what i mean.

Please thankyou.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

OK i tried "Bag of Suck" (the enjoi skate vid) and "Mad Max beyond the thunderdome".

Bagofsuck worked fine but Mad max got "playback of content from this region is not permitted"

What the fuck i dont even understand why the manufacturer would want only one region to work. Doesnt make sense. All music cd's still work fine. Just some dvds.

110% Ghey.

OK i tried "Bag of Suck" (the enjoi skate vid) and "Mad Max beyond the thunderdome".

Bagofsuck worked fine but Mad max got "playback of content from this region is not permitted"

What the fuck i dont even understand why the manufacturer would want only one region to work. Doesnt make sense. All music cd's still work fine. Just some dvds.

110% Ghey.

find "dvd x player"

What the fuck i dont even understand why the manufacturer would want only one region to work. Doesnt make sense.

the reason everything is the way it is, money.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regional_lockout

I'm almost 99% sure that without modified fimrware for the drive, you're going to forever be stuck with region 1. if anydvd wouldn't work with it, nothing will...

best option, buy a new drive for the laptop that has hacked region free firmware available.

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...