Caseks-Computer-Corner

RumPuncher

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Security update for WMF vulnerability

Published: January 5, 2006

Get the security update for the Windows Meta File (WMF) vulnerability from Microsoft Update. The bulletin title for this update is: Vulnerability in Graphics Rendering Engine Could Allow Remote Code Execution (912919). Learn more about why Microsoft released this update.

To update your home computer, follow the steps on this page.

IT professionals and systems administrators should review the guidance on Microsoft TechNet.

Actions to Take Now

Microsoft Update iconInstall the update

Visit the Microsoft Update Web site to scan your computer for the needed update.

Use the Windows Automatic Updates feature

Get high-priority security updates delivered automatically to your PC. See how to use Automatic Updates: Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows Me.

Protect your PC

By taking a few basic steps, you can help protect your computer and its contents.

http://news.com.com/Create+an+e-annoyance,...22491&subj=news

It's no joke. Last Thursday, President Bush signed into law a prohibition on posting annoying Web messages or sending annoying e-mail messages without disclosing your true identity.

In other words, it's OK to flame someone on a mailing list or in a blog as long as you do it under your real name. Thank Congress for small favors, I guess.

This ridiculous prohibition, which would likely imperil much of Usenet, is buried in the so-called Violence Against Women and Department of Justice Reauthorization Act. Criminal penalties include stiff fines and two years in prison.

Guest Sparoism

Is it 1984 all over again?

I swear, Bush takes the worst qualities of liberals and conservatives and combines them into one easy-to-hate package...if I had a friend who was that dumb, I would have kicked their ass a long time ago. No, I believe I would have dropped them...after I kicked their ass.

Originally posted by Sparoism@Jan 10 2006, 07:02 PM

I swear, Bush takes the worst qualities of liberals and conservatives and combines them into one easy-to-hate package...if I had a friend who was that dumb, I would have kicked their ass a long time ago. No, I believe I would have dropped them...after I kicked their ass.

this is about Tech support how?

Originally posted by Mainter+Jan 10 2006, 08:37 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mainter - Jan 10 2006, 08:37 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Sparoism@Jan 10 2006, 07:02 PM

[/b]

Start your own forum if you're going to get butthurt so easily.

Originally posted by Mainter+Jan 10 2006, 08:37 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mainter - Jan 10 2006, 08:37 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Sparoism@Jan 10 2006, 07:02 PM

[/b]

my bad i didnt seee what dick posted

http://news.com.com/Create+an+e-annoyance,...22491&subj=news

It's no joke. Last Thursday, President Bush signed into law a prohibition on posting annoying Web messages or sending annoying e-mail messages without disclosing your true identity.

In other words, it's OK to flame someone on a mailing list or in a blog as long as you do it under your real name. Thank Congress for small favors, I guess.

This ridiculous prohibition, which would likely imperil much of Usenet, is buried in the so-called Violence Against Women and Department of Justice Reauthorization Act. Criminal penalties include stiff fines and two years in prison.

Guest Sparoism
Originally posted by Mainter+Jan 10 2006, 05:37 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mainter - Jan 10 2006, 05:37 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Sparoism@Jan 10 2006, 07:02 PM

[/b]

There...now it's in context. Maybe the quote button IS just there to confuse people.

Guest Sparoism

Hey, casek...I was wondering if that Foldershare thing worked out okay.

If not, it's back up now...my cable DSL is really screwy lately. Among other things.

Here's a tech question- I have a Creative Zen player, and I don't want to use their software anymore (it sucks)....is there a third party source for just the driver w/o all the crap it came with? I considered just calling it the E drive or something and just moving the files to the player, but something doesn't ring true about that...

Originally posted by Sparoism@Jan 11 2006, 06:24 AM

Hey, casek...I was wondering if that Foldershare thing worked out okay.

If not, it's back up now...my cable DSL is really screwy lately. Among other things.

Here's a tech question- I have a Creative Zen player, and I don't want to use their software anymore (it sucks)....is there a third party source for just the driver w/o all the crap it came with? I considered just calling it the E drive or something and just moving the files to the player, but something doesn't ring true about that...

Cable DSL? what one is it? cable modem or DSL modem?

this is the

2006 Nissan Urge Xbox 360 here is the story behind it http://www.conceptcarz.com/vehicle/z10796/default.aspx

If not here is what i gathered

Nissan and Microsoft Corp. have merged automobile design and gaming technology to create the first-ever fully integrated gaming system within a vehicle. Conceived by Nissan Design America Inc. (NDA) and equipped with the Xbox 360� next-generation video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, the Nissan URGE concept car allows drivers (while parked) to play 'Project Gotham Racing® 3' using the car's own steering wheel, gas pedal and brake pedal while viewing the game on a flip-down seven-inch LCD screen. 'PGR® 3' is developed exclusively for Xbox 360

nissan_urge_manu_06_06.jpg

nissan_urge_manu_06_05.jpg

nissan_urge_manu_06_04.jpg

nissan_urge_manu_06_03.jpg

nissan_urge_manu_06_02.jpg

nissan_urge_manu_06_01.jpg