Caseks-Computer-Corner

RumPuncher

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

When I heard that my desk was a sesspool of germs, more gruesome than my toilet seat, I immediately retracted... Doh! I can't type without my hands! This information came as a shock to me as well, and I'm sure the statement shocked you too. Read on to find out more!

Name me two things in your office that have more germs than a toilet seat. Can't think of any? Look under your hands as you type and mouse away at this article. In fact, your regular office desk contains over 400 times more germs than that dirty toilet, which makes your desk, a really dirty desk. And you thought that the clutter of paper was a problem! That's the least of your worries!

Consider This!

You'll never look at your desk the same again. You might not even touch it again. Check this out!

* The average toilet seat – more than 49 microbes per square inch.

* The photocopier – over 69 microbes per square inch.

* Computer mice – more than 1,676 microbes per square inch.

* Keyboards – as many as 3,295 microbes per square inch.

* Telephones – up to 25,127 microbes per square inch.

All the above are office worse offenders. Pretty scary stuff huh?

According to Trinh Tham, Manager of Commercial Marketing at Grand & Toy, one of Canada's leading single-source office supplier of office products: “Office health is easy to achieve given some of the products in the marketplace today. There are a number of things people can do to help keep their office environment healthy, such as regularly cleaning their equipment, even updating to a new antibacterial keyboard or mouse. Even using Purell to clean your hands after you’ve touched someone else’s phone, helps keep the germs at bay.�

Research in studies have shown that the average desk surface contains over 20,961 germs per square inch. Since bacteria and germs grow nearly exponentially, bacteria can double every 15 to 20 minutes and can also affect office items such as keyboards, mice, telephones and, especially, shared equipment such as fax machines, copiers and printers.

Corsair Nautilus500 External Watercooling Kit

Revolutionizing the way people view watercooling, Corsair's new Nautilus500 combines chilly cooling performance and QuickInstall design to unleash system performance with ease. Nautilus500 is the industry's first complete watercooling kit that can be installed in less than 15 minutes!

header.jpg

Originally posted by NeRVe54@Feb 23 2006, 01:56 AM

also. how good are you with the beats and producing and all that??

if you or ballbags are still lookign for it, here's a more direct link than a torrent: FruityLoops Studio 6.0.8 Producer XXL Edition for Windows XP (wait for the timer).

as for how good i am, personally, everytime ive tried to make anything in it i end up getting pissed off that things arent working my way, so ive yet to get anything out of it. my brother on the other hand makes tracks.

Originally posted by you enjoy myself@Feb 23 2006, 07:30 PM

does anyone know if i can take mp3's and burn them on to disc to be listend to in a regular cd player? someone told me i could with itunes, but i cant figure it out.

nero! or pretty much any burning software.

*edit, stay away from nero v7. i can upload my good version if your interested and dont do torrents.

Copy a playlist to an Audio CD by following these steps:

1. With iTunes open, insert a blank CD into your computer.

2. Select the playlist you want to copy to CD. Before burning your CD, you can rearrange the songs by dragging them to different positions.

3. At the bottom of the iTunes window, check the size of your playlist to make sure it doesn’t exceed the amount of space on a CD.

4. Click the Burn button to begin copying the songs from your computer to the CD. You can watch the progress in the iTunes window.

5. When the files are copied, a CD icon will appear in the iTunes Source list.

6. Click the Eject button to eject your CD.

If your playlist is longer than the space on a CD

If the playlist is longer than what will fit on a CD, you can either delete songs from the playlist or have iTunes burn the remaining songs on one or more additional CDs (depending on the amount of space needed).

mainter, i was confused about torrents too when i first got into them. its 'hard' because most peopel are used to straight point and click, boom theres my file. not how torrents work.

YEM: i'll start uploading for now. make sure you have WinRAR installed.

Originally posted by johnny ballbags@Feb 23 2006, 07:46 PM

just create a data disc instead of an audio disc with pretty much any burning software and as long as the cd player can play mp3s then you should be all set... i think..

thats only if your cd player is mp3 compatible, which the majority arent.

Sup mainter.

My comcast bill is 700 dollars, so I convinced my downstairs neighbors to let me instal a router on their modem and we pay for half their internet bill.

The connection isnt 100 percent, but it works fine. Then maybe every hour it will disconect for maybe 30 seconds and come back on.

30 seconds isnt a long time, but it drops any games I'm playing or any chat's I'm having and I really don't see why it does it.

Any possible reasons?

Originally posted by I.C.Shadow@Feb 23 2006, 08:12 PM

Sup mainter.

My comcast bill is 700 dollars, so I convinced my downstairs neighbors to let me instal a router on their modem and we pay for half their internet bill.

The connection isnt 100 percent, but it works fine.  Then maybe every hour it will disconect for maybe 30 seconds and come back on.

30 seconds isnt a long time, but it drops any games I'm playing or any chat's I'm having and I really don't see why it does it.

Any possible reasons?

yeah cordless phones floresent lights walls microwaves alot of things can make the signal weak

it may be interference or obstacles between your computer and the access point. It may be your wireless card and the access point not liking each other. And it may be that you need newer drivers for your network card. And it may be that you have to use some other software to configure the wireless (choose between XP builtin and the one that came with the network adapter for example). And it may be your network setup (e.g. you have selected a bad channel or your computer doesn't like WPA encryption). And you might have to update the firmware of the access point.