Collectable chairs?

misteraven

This one could probably fit in the UNTITLED forum section as well, but anyhow... I just pulled this off of http://members.lycos.co.uk/hurtyoubad/blog/blog2.php and thought it was kind of cool.

http://www.thechipfactory.co.uk/pages/bwil/bwilfile.php

BEN WILSON

Industrial Product Design

Chairfix

A new chair by Ben Wilson - 3 chairs are routed out of one sheet of 8x4 15mm Birch faced ply-wood or MDF. 126 flat pack units will fit on a standard euro pallet. The excess wood is its own packaging. Easily assembled in minutes by the end user. Chairfix was inspired by Airfix model kits and is easily assembled by the consumer useing a mallet. No glues screws or fixings are needed. To launch this new product I asked a selection of artists to customise the chairs and the work was shown in the experimental gallery at the 'Aram Store' from mid September to mid October. There it was spotted by Simon Porter which led to the collaboration between Ben Wilson and Stussy. A limited edition of 50 Chairfix Stussy stools were made.

Ben works as a product/industrial designer and is perhaps best know for his Lowrider bike designs in the nineties. Ben's products range from patented steady cam rigs for Digital Video to flat pack furniture, always working on new and innovative products. Clients include Levis, Nike, Adidas, Audi and Manfrotto.

stussymade.jpg

stussyflat.jpg

aktchab.jpg

aktchaf.jpg

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i'd like to point out that i was doing 'custom' smoke detectors, tea pots, toasters, mixers and other household appliances years ago. so when motherfuckers try coming out and saying they flossed it first, tell em to eat a dick.

really though, this whole 'culture' shit is getting out of hand. i'm about to start building all my own furniture (literally). this is more than i can deal with.

Guest imported_b0b

Hey that was me that added that to the Hurt You Bad blog.. It is crazy the amount of household goods with graf on them, recently we have found floor rugs and shower curtains coming out with designs by writers. It is geting ridiculous really.

Archived