- ATHENS 2004 - OLYMPIC GAMES -megathread-

Guest imported_Tesseract

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest KING BLING
Originally posted by effyoo

i wish there was some way i could watch coverage by a euro broadcaster. it will be much more fair and balanced.

TERRORIST, love it or leave it!

Fuck the American media's ignorant view of the world. I'll leave it.

And to justify my bitching beforehand, I hate the CBC's broadcasts too. I wasnt to see the best of whats happening, not if Joe Jackoff from Quebec got 8th in the Kayak. Whick is why I think the Euro broadcasters will do better, more countries to please means a more balanced broadcast.

Guest imported_Europe

^^

Well, we all have our own national TV stations that broadcast the show, there isnt any Euro-station that covers the entire continent.

The danish commentators I listened too were pretty good, but off course they commented from a national point of view.

Yeah, I understand that, Europe. I was just pissed off at the time. I'm in Canada, but I was listening to some sports talk radio out of the US today and some of the crap that was coming out of their mouths was just echoed by the commentators during the opening ceremonies.

I have no idea where I'm trying to take this anyway.

* who are your countrys best hopes for a medal?

Guest imported_Tesseract

do you have me on ignore tesseract or something?

how safe do you feel living in Athens with the terrorist threat, despite the security presence?

Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by Tesseract

Hev, we have the biggest security budget any country that held the olympics ever had, on top of that we're the smaller-poorer country to organise the event in modern history. Shits tight as hell, you see zeppelin planes and choppers flying all the time, cops everywhere, cameras every 100 meters, NATO awacks monitoring the whole damn area, all the worlds secret service agencies are here...however as proven in the past you can never be safe against a terrorist hit, for all that matters the security couldnt be anymore hysterical. It better be safe cause all of us will pay that shit on taxes far more pumped, it better be worth it.

http://www.afsouth.nato.int/JFCN_Factsheet...4/DistGames.htm

Sneakster, this is like my third post in this thread, anyway, i'll give you an even better answer.

I, and pretty much all athenians, feel really really safe. For two reasons, first one is that ANY POSSIBLE security measure that could had been taken, has been taken...we're talking about the most well guarded event ever...Like i said before you can never be too carefull against terrorism, but i really doubt security could be tighter.

Second reason, more naive and romantic, is that theres no reason to harm greece, everyone knows that, theres absolutely no strategic reason to do it, furthermore we never supported the wars and reasons that created todays crisis...i will leave you with this:

From cnn:

Huge cheers went up for the Afghanistani team, returning to Olympic competition after an eight year absence, and for the competitors from the Pacific atolls of Kiribati, which makes its Olympic debut. The Iraqi and U.S. teams also received warm receptions.

Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by fermentor666

Does anyone else think the torch looks like a huge joint being held by a giant roach clip?

Hahaha, yeah...mamerro:

Hahahahaha, dude Tesser... congratulations.

You guys now hold the record for sparking up the biggest joint in the history of mankind.

blaze it up!

thanks tess...

i thought along those lines about Greece having not supported any of Bushs attempts to make the world a "better place", but still as the criminal i am (albeit, small time) even i can see the enormity of having soo many of the nations which did support Bush all in one place at one time. A terrorist Nightmare.

:D

Guest imported_Europe

Forget it Theo, the Olympics is LIVE all the time. For once its a big event in my time zone :)

And dont forget about the Olympics Megathread

Archived