bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

<-- Lazy Fuck.

I just realized that I have not rode my bike to work in about a month. This is very disturbing to me as I live about 3 miles from work. So everybody say this once with me, and maybe I'll get motivated enough to ride tomorrow .... "Al, you lazy son-of-a-bitch, get on your bike and pedal before your legs turn into noodles!" Thanks. Tomorrow I ride.

Also, has anybody ever made their own bag. I know a guy that has a heavy-duty industrial sewing machine (capable of bar tacking and all that), and I was thinking about designing my own bag. What features would you put on a bag if you designed it? Personally, I want a pocket or two on the outside. I hate having to open my current bag up every time I want to get a Power Bar or something out. Also, I've found that a lot of backpacks don't have enough support. Anyways ... just a thought.

bags bags

i know some guy that made his own bags. you've prolly heard of zoe bags. i've never used one, but since he was a messenger, it was supposedly to benefit their use of it. if i had to make my own bag. i would make it as comfortable as it can for the ladies. carrying a bunch of crap in a bag that is supposed to go over our chests really hurt like a bitch. so i prolly would make a bag that is safe for the women. i dunno how to go about it other than the bag that looks like a huge backpack...you've prolly seen those. those look huge, which is a benefit too. but something along the lines of reloads. and yes more pockets to keep shit in. but the pockets have to have easy access too. instead of opening the flap in order to get something. i dunno, my thought as well.

Okay ... So the pockets I want are gonna be modeled after the "kangaroo" pockets a la Arc'teryx. Those things rule. They make easy work of getting rain gear out of the bag, and they might be handy for carrying mail tubes (depending on the size). Hmmmm.

Hesh, can you mail me a cheese-steak sandwich ... I'm hungry and craving one. Hehehehe.

yeah, those chrome bags are cool, they have a belt buckle to take off the bag, Joker does yours have that? I just got a Manhatten Portage bag, real meat and potatoes, for those of you who have been doing this awhile: do you think that using shoulder bags has really damaged your back? I mean most of the time I'm not carrying anyhthing heavy, but over time you know... I just switched from using a backpack, so ...please tell me if y'all are experiencing difficulties.

Joker- I saw that you and Siloe are having a show, umong other artists, that should be good, I'll be there to check it out soon. Somebody post flicks please, I wanna see you stuff, I wanna see Katsu's stuff, I heard he/she is good.

Guest HESHIANDET

willy, hit my email for my phone # and what not. im going to be out of town from the 14th-the 20th of january. i'll be in and out of town, but i took a job in CT for my winter break. seriously gimmie a call sometime soon, i'll be glad to check out places for ya or whatever. you guys are welcoem to crash at my spot for a bit if you need (as long as you like dogs). but that won't be untill the end of Jan. so hopefully you can figure some shit out...oh, and your not allowd to convince me to be start working again.;)

guise: working as a courier w/ an already bad back, i can say that shoulder bags don't really hurt too much. now put about 70 lbs in the fucker and you'll be singing the booty hoos for a bit...

I know ... me too. I went to the place that I used to work last night to pick up a tube for my bike, and all my buddies there were like, "Congratulations!" I think that’s when it hit me how soon all this is going to happen. I’m starting to get really excited. I have to somehow save up enough money for a honeymoon. We haven’t decided where we are gonna go yet, but maybe I’ll try to convince her to go to Philly. We’ll see.

On another subject … I was thinking about repainting my frame. Do you guys have any tips on doing this? What’s an easy and efficient way to take the old paint off (or should I just paint over it)? Should I use a primer coat? Any recommendations on the brand and type of paint I should use (regular spray paint, automotive paint, etc)?

Guest HESHIANDET

dude, don't come to philly for a honeymoon. look into a cruise. they can be pretty cheap.

as for paint, i recomend having the frame stripped (either sandlasted or dipped) down to bare metal. then bring it to a body shop and have them hook it up. hopefully you might know someone who can hook you up, or you know how to mix and spray auto paint. if not it can be expensive.

Originally posted by alkaline

On another subject … I was thinking about repainting my frame. Do you guys have any tips on doing this? What’s an easy and efficient way to take the old paint off (or should I just paint over it)? Should I use a primer coat? Any recommendations on the brand and type of paint I should use (regular spray paint, automotive paint, etc)?

re-paint for the big baller:

theres a couple places you can send your frame away to. thay give it the full servis one color for 130-150 + shipping. search bicycle bike repair restoration or something like that. 150's a lot steeper than a can of rusto, but its pro status, all kinds of clear coats and all that. ask around town for places that hook up dupont imeron paint. that seems to be the prefered paint 4 bikes. maybe u can find a deal. thats all i can contribute. i've never tried it, just read about it. let us know what you end up doing, and how it turns out. i have a 70's trek that could use this treatment.

'hey sweetie, lets go to philly for our honeymoon!' :beat:

Okay, okay ... Philly was her idea. She knows I want to go there, and our honeymoon is basically just a vacation for us. Besides, it's not like we can afford to go to Europe (that's what we both really want to do).

$150 is a lot of dough. My brother repainted his old schwinn frame with a can of flat black. He went over the old paint, and it looks okay. I kinda wanted to do it right though, because I may not be able to get any new bikes for a while, so I can't go fucking this one up. I guess the paint job is one more thing I have to save up for. Shit!

So this place called Airglow looks pretty good. It will end up running me a little over $200 (with shipping), so I'll have to start saving. I want to have a little bit of customization done (nothing major, just one or two little things).

Thanks for the tip, Business Man. I'm gonna have to talk to the lady about that.

hell yeah,

they have way more flicks up on there than i remember. that holdsworth and the vintage dawes are off the meter. you gotta get your lugs done a alternate color! or chromed out. i wish i new how to post flicks, i have so many stolen fotos of vintage rides and desgusting lug work, that id like to post on here. maybe i'll just write in the links to a few. i'm sure some of you have drooled over some of these already but what the hell.

http://www.hetchins.org/501.htm

http://www.hetchins.org/503.htm

http://www.hetchins.org/402.htm

http://www.worldclasscycles.com/MAGNUM-OPUS-OAKHAM.htm

http://www.rivendellbicycles.com/gallery/r...Riv_headlug.jpg

http://www.cwo.com/~lunarlab/images.htm

http://www.richardsachs.com/gallery/pages/.../rswhthtube.htm

http://www.classicrendezvous.com/USA/Riv_details.htm

:( http://www.cwo.com/~lunarlab/image1.htm

Magnum opus!!! bling!

oh crap!!!those are awesome lugs,thats how a frame should look.very elegent.as far as stripping,maybe there is a frame builder in your area you can try to find who could offer some advice,around here you can have a frame stripped and powdercoated for inbetween $100 and $150.good luck in the search.

heres a couple more

http://www.classicrendezvous.com/USA/Bayli...lisY2Kvisit.htm

http://www.cyclesdeoro.com/Refinishing/Car...rlton_Flyer.htm saved from the dumpster! i have my eye on a more recent carlton with nevex. not this nice, but nice enough. i have plans to hook it up for a x-country ride in may. i'll have to learn how to post flicks

those wood rims are way stylish i'd love to rock those around town for awhile

i cant wait to get the money to restore my 74 dawes... i have been dreaming about those lugs chromed out for years...

i once knew of a mutant who could twist time and space around him... and now it seems ive met him.

anime and bikes who wouldve thought.

hesh we might be getting a place near university city on spruce. i heard it is a decent neighborhood... and fuckin a philly real estate is cheap... one beds 325-400

boston one beds 1200-1800

fuck me.

Guest HESHIANDET

gettign jiggy in west philly. i used to live out there, definitely cheap rent. a bit out of "town" so to speak, but just as nice. actually when i lived there i never came downtown. everything i needed was out there. the whole U-PENN Drexel frat thing gets old though. watch out. lemme know if i can help..

damn those lugs are freshalicious. i finally found out what the finish is on my bike. its called "black nickle". My girlffreinds grandfather owns an electro plating company, so i might be able to get my frame dipped and re-plated......

Hehehe. College girls get you in trouble if you've already got a girl.

My dad is getting rid of his old car (Chrysler Sebring convertible) because he bought a Porsche a couple of months ago. Anyways, I'm trying to convince him to donate all the proceeds to the Al’s Bikes for Me Foundation. Hopefully with the wedding coming up and all, he will be in a giving mood. Other wise he’ll just buy a Litespeed with the money and I’ll get his old Cannondale road bike. Yeah!