bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

Its a 30 minute video interview with Ernesto with various photos and footage showing the history of Colnago from when he was a bike mechanic, to him working with Fiorenzo on Giro D`Italia, to when he started building winning frames for racers, to being a mechanic on the Italian national team, up to trademarking the ace of clubs emblem and working with Enzo Ferrari on research and development of the blade fork and onto present day.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Its a 30 minute video interview with Ernesto with various photos and footage showing the history of Colnago from when he was a bike mechanic, to him working with Fiorenzo on Giro D`Italia, to when he started building winning frames for racers, to being a mechanic on the Italian national team, up to trademarking the ace of clubs emblem and working with Enzo Ferrari on research and development of the blade fork and onto present day.

fuck

spring swap at t-town today:

bought a NOS Dura Ace 10 pitch Pista track group: arms, 46 & 48 tooth rings, 16tooth cog (well missing the chain and stack bolts but thats no biggie). and a set of NOS Super Mighty NJS cranks, chainring, and stack bolts. twas a shot to my wallet but fuck it, t-town is twice a year, so why not splurge.

i might be into selling the 10 pitch stuff as it was really impulsive, but it is the sexiest shit EVER!Keirin_Parts_SuperMightyCranx.jpg

Keirin_Parts_DuraAceCrankset.jpg

Today i drove to alabama for a race. 45 minutes + 5 lap crit. I ended up locking my keys in the car an hour and a half before the race. After trying to call the local police, i decided to go it alone and managed to break into my own car. After a hectic and incomplete warmup, me and my teammate went out. It was really aggressive and i had to chase more then i wanted to. My teammate took a last lap flyer and took the win, while i took the field sprint for 2nd. Another weekend in the money.

I mowed my old boss' lawn the other day... there's a pile of probably 50 bikes, no exaggeration... found a cottered crankset to fit my Humber and an old Schwinn frame plus some fenders that I'll get. A few random cool old bikes, all rusty as hell and beat up, lots of Huffys and Murrays but there were a fair number of Schwinns and a Hawthorne, I forget what brand that British bike is... This is all besides the 15 motorcyles, 2 riding mowers, 7 regular mowers, van, travel trailer and boat.

All this in a 'normal' sized back yard... when I head over later this week I'll get flicks of the bike pile.

i was gonna call him a snitch, but i guess not. crazy.

Basso is cooperating with doping inquiry

Italian cyclist 'widely acknowledged his responsibilities' in connection with Spanish doping scandal, the Italian Olympic Committee said. He could face a long suspension.

From Times Staff and Wire Reports

May 8, 2007

Giro d'Italia champion Ivan Basso has admitted involvement in cycling's Spanish doping scandal and is cooperating with sports authorities.

The Italian rider "widely acknowledged his responsibilities" in connection with Operation Puerto and offered "full cooperation," the Italian Olympic Committee said Monday.

Basso's lawyer, Massimo Martelli, said his client decided to "spill the beans because it was not possible for him to live out his passion, his work, cycling, in this way." Basso could face a long suspension and it was not immediately clear whether his Giro title was in danger.

Martelli said he could not disclose what Basso told the Italian committee prosecutor because the transcript was sealed. But the lawyer said Basso acknowledged "the moment has come" to speak. Basso will not be implicating other riders in the investigation, Martelli said.

Really depends on the length and intesity of the ride for me. If it's going to be long ( 4-5 hours ) then I go with eggs and bacon and a few slices of toast. If it's shorter then I go with waffles and jam. If it's only like an hour or two then I normally don't eat prior to a ride.

Yes, running does suck.

i need someones help...

what can i do to get a crank arm off if the threads are fucked so i cant use a puller on it.

the only thing i can think of is to get a tap and cut new threads. so if anyone has a better idea or any experience with taps and could help me out that would be cool.