bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
i bet you anything it was an internal hug 3 speed. those things are everywhere down here (probly cus we actually have a beach) but those are a pain in the ass to work on, and heavy

yeah it was. i only pulled it apart once because it was a pain to get to. that bike was fun for biking under the influence. other times i didn't really enjoy it too much.

does anyone know about FSA gossamer cranks and the compatibility the outboard bottom bracket has with different manufacturers? i've been looking for the FSA megaexo BB all around town(PDX) and want to know if i should just be looking for a compatible BB. the spindle is 24mm. would a SRAM or dura ace outboard work? or does someone have one that is slightly used (no ovalization of the bearing or busted bearings)? PM me with any information or anything. not very keen on the whole outboard BB setup on a fixed but i take what i can get. ceramic would be nice but with the stress of distance rides and city riding, plus the cost,.. i'm debating about hooking the whip up with a bmx drive train. ANY INFORMATION HELPS.

^about the 1x9: is that 1 chainring with 9 cogs in back?

does anyone know about FSA gossamer cranks and the compatibility the outboard bottom bracket has with different manufacturers? i've been looking for the FSA megaexo BB all around town(PDX) and want to know if i should just be looking for a compatible BB. the spindle is 24mm. would a SRAM or dura ace outboard work? or does someone have one that is slightly used (no ovalization of the bearing or busted bearings)? PM me with any information or anything. not very keen on the whole outboard BB setup on a fixed but i take what i can get. ceramic would be nice but with the stress of distance rides and city riding, plus the cost,.. i'm debating about hooking the whip up with a bmx drive train. ANY INFORMATION HELPS.

^about the 1x9: is that 1 chainring with 9 cogs in back?

Gossamers came stock on my CX bike. The FSA BB that comes with them is the weak point - not that great durability wise. If you want to go baller, you can run a Chris King bottom bracket. I think Shimano may work too?

But really, if you're doing external BB on your fixed gear, either get SRAM Omnium's (baller) or SRAM S300's (budget) and the corresponding SRAM GXP BB. I can vouch that the Omnium's are certified stiff as fuck, although the BB isn't as smooth as it could be. But hey, like they say, you gotta pay to play... with Chris King.

Joker, are you back to racing again? I didn't see you out the last two days, Tabor and PIR.

^thanks rubbish. yeah, chris king is definitely the ultimate goal.

i've been looking into racing track recently. i plan on making it out on a wednesday to learn the etiquette of the velodrome. riding the fog line on the road while mashing just isn't cutting it anymore; neither is running a weak 46-17. too quick to spinout.

Try out 49/16 for a beginner gear.

I'd cough up cash for the Omniums as well, and shop around online for the best deal. I got them + BB for like 175 shipped a few years back. Cranks are a great thing to invest in... they'll outlast any frame you have. Hell, get in an accident and the cranks are rarely even scuffed, even when other shit is toast.

i had a buddy get his fork and front rim ran over the other month [and his wrist] and he just got it repaired a couple of weeks ago... then he ruined his rear wheel. i just need something to hold me over until i can upgrade the cranks. if i knew how to change the bearings i would just invest in a couple of bearings to swap out. having to buy a new external BB seems wasteful, especially when [for me] the bearings wear out so quick. just finished truing my wheels and can't wait to ride again.

^49-16? and then increase as the season progresses? word.

been looking at getting a fixed gear to commute with (its summer, fuck wearing clipless shoes just to go to the grocery store) and ive been looking at this

GrittyCity.jpg

website says its freewheel but i rode it at the lbs and it wasnt.. hate the stem on it (has some bmx brick stem) but its only like 500. plus it doesnt look TOO hipsterish

thoughts?

GET FREE VIP ALL WEEK - CONTEST

Please click on any Banner ad (with exception of apple ads) throughout 12oz. and see what are Ad sponsors have to offer.

These companies are what keeps 12oz. Prophet growing, people!

Whether you decide to do this just for the free weeks of VIP, we ask all of you to take a second out of your 12oz. forum addiction and show some support by clicking on banner ads throughout your day and seeing what these companies have to offer.

These companies have put together great exclusive content in form of videos, features and giveaway promotions for you to enjoy.

http://www.12ozprophet.com/

Contest:

Go check out any of our advertisers by clicking a banner ad (with exception of apple ads) take a screen grab within the advertisers site with your screen name displayed somehow (text edit / word / whatever) for us to confirm the screen grab is actually yours, make sure to still can see the advertisers site.

Please submit screengrabs via PM (Private Message). If you drop any answers within this thread,you'll get banned for 2 weeks. Negative comments will also be treated as a reason for getting banned.

Submit 2 different Banner ads/company screengrabs and get 1 weeks of VIP.

Submit 4 different Banner ads/company screengrabs and get 4 weeks of VIP.

You can only participate once a day

SCAMMING WILL BE PROSECUTED! :mad:

Contest ends Friday, June 18th, 2010 at 6 p.m. EST..

• Please give us at least a day to update your account once you have submitted

•***We cant answer every wrong submission, with how to do this right, please read instructions correctly.

http://www.12ozprophet.com/

Thanks for the support.

12oz.

That bike is odd. Is it 700 or 26? It looks like somewhat of an attempt at a fix-trick type bike. 3 peice bmx crank seems overkill for a commuter, and dual pivot brakes seem a bit weak for tricks/single track/etc. 500 dosent buy what it used to, even 4 years ago, but thats not bad for that type setup. Fuck that seatpost though, i hate those. A cheap kalloy post will give you more adjustment and be lighter and more dependable.