bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

in other news, i'm still kicking around the idea of buying a fixie. i want something i can commute on and take for longer rides. i've heard good things about the entry-level IRO bikes, just shot them an email regarding a possible discount. fingers crossed.

I don't know what size you're looking at but I have a 54cm IRO Jamie Roy (road bike geometry w/ horizontal drops) that is really nice... Chris King headset & bottom bracket, Velocity wheels w/ flip flop rear hub (currently fixed), Fizik Arione saddle, Cane Creek front and rear brakes and some other goodies - $650

Or I have the most amazing Look 595 Ultra that's all white with some red and black bits, currently set up single speed with an eccentric rear hub - $2000 I gotta post a picture of this thing when it's done. Just waiting on pedals. Seriously, it's almost all white. White bars and stem, wheels, tires and saddle. Couldn't find white hoods for the Cane Creek brakes though... bummed me out.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

You guys use Eggbeaters on road bikes? That's interesting. Seems like the shoe would be heavy for such a lighter ride. Maybe I'm missing something. I use Dura Ace pedals pretty much exclusively. Getting some Eggbeaters for the CCX bike so I can do CCX come October or whenever this crazy shit starts. Ugh... I don't want to get muddy. Ha!

I don't know what size you're looking at but I have a 54cm IRO Jamie Roy (road bike geometry w/ horizontal drops) that is really nice... Chris King headset & bottom bracket, Velocity wheels w/ flip flop rear hub (currently fixed), Fizik Arione saddle, Cane Creek front and rear brakes and some other goodies - $650

sounds like a steal, but i'm looking for something with track or at least semi-track geometry. i love the aggressive ride.

fuck you. if yall are going to say how much you love them im sure it wouldnt hurt to add a couple more characters to the post and just tell me how much you got them for.

and arent you that weird guy who posted a picture of yourself here?

fuck you. if yall are going to say how much you love them im sure it wouldnt hurt to add a couple more characters to the post and just tell me how much you got them for.

Uhhhhhhhh....

$60-70 seems to be what they're going for online. I bought mine at a swap for about $50 years ago.

Picture? I don't know what you're talking about.

trued my first wheel today... talked to a guy at the LBS and I think he tried to scare me into bringing it in saying how much of a pain in the ass it is, how even he gets frustrated doing it, blah blah...

wasn't easy, but with patience it's not bad... dishing and all. I feel like i'm in the club now... well, maybe in a little more at least.

*edit: wish I was 6" shorter, i'd be all over joker's IRO (does that need a /nh?)

i was talking to thismachinekills, not you shai. your actually helpful haha. i found a pair on ebay for 20 but the shipping is 36. im just going to see if ican get a used pair off of some of the people i ride with.

Are they new? That's not a bad deal even if they're slightly used.

The advantage to ATACs is their simplicity- all they really are is a pair of springs. The release tension is controlled depending on how the cleat is mounted. Nothing to it.

My friend gave me a well-used green (original series) pair in 2003 that I used for a year and a half, then when I picked up my current pair in the summer of 2004 I gave the green ones to my ex. The last time I talked to her in 2007, she said she was still using them and they were working fine. Mine are in great shape to this day, I don't think I've ever had to grease the bearings in them or anything. About all I've had to do was replace the cleats a few times. They don't get clogged with mud like SPDs and the engagement feels secure and consistent.

On the other hand, about the only thing I could rely on SPDs to do is fall apart on me. I've probably gone through ten pairs of SPDs and broken them in almost every way imaginable. Also, after a few months I'd have the tension screw cranked all the way down on both sides and my foot would still be flopping around in the pedal. This was the case from the $20 OEM pedals all the way up to the fancy Shimano ones I tried out to see if there was a difference in quality (verdict- none from what I can tell). I was using them every day for messengering, but in the mud they were useless after a couple deep sections.

well, if mud is really the only issue i think il go with the cheap ones. the people who run the local trails get crazy about the quality so theres no riding them if its remotely muddy unless its a race.

money is insanely tight for me right now, and school just got out so i cant hustle like i can during school so the cash gets spent on transportation and food.

i told you i got them for $20 used off of a friend. i don't know how much they are new, nor am I going to google something that you can do in 15 seconds :rolleyes:

i was talking to thismachinekills, not you shai. your actually helpful haha. i

are you fucking kidding me? i explain two different fucking types of pedals to you, suggest a pair, and give you all the information i know, and because i don't look up a price for you i'm not "helpful?" fuck off. how about being grateful for the knowledge we supplied that you could have found for yourself in 15 minutes instead of being a pretentious, ungrateful brat.

chill the fuck out, i clearly didnt notice YOU had provided the pictures or else i wouldnt have called you out on telling me to use google instead of a help thread. im sorry, i didnt read everything on the page with the intensity so i didnt notice who posted what, simple misunderstanding...

As far as I know the Twilight Crit is still on. HealthNet definitely pulled out but apparently others stepped in. I can see how they'd want to keep it alive since the draw is huge as far as spectators go. Especially now that it's located just north of Burnside instead of up by the art museum. Way more walking traffic rolls up now. I'm definitely doing that race. I wanted to do it last year but I had moved that day and was exhausted... there was no way I waas going to be able to even hang on the back.

Alright sweet, I'm setting the goal of being a 3 by then so I can race it. I hope no one rolls a tubular like last year, although it was really cool seeing the guy behind the crash bunny-hop a fallen bike...

regarding riding eggbeaters on the rode. yes i do it. i just simply love the simple, 4 sided entry and the fact that i have never had any problem clipping in out even in the winter, and they release like peter north im smooth creamy bliss. mostly the 4 sided entry and the fact I have been using them since they hit the market. I do take a wiegth loss, but my current bike that i ride alot has lights, racks, etc, cages, etc. so its not really a lightwieght anyways. if i was riding in competion i would only use them for situations with alot of mud.

could i get a good used 12 speed for a hundred bucks or should i just keep saving my money and buy a brand new bike??

Easily if you look around but depends on what you're looking to do. You wont get the best bike for under 100.

Does anyone have any experience with the new Shimano Di2 electronic Dura Ace drive-train? I've been reading about it and it makes me want to sell my car or something for the group. Something about no shift cables sounds amazing, plus no trimming.

I got my Bailey Work bag in yesterday!!!!

Its awesome, Shai great recommendation.

Went to bike shop today to drop off the BMX to get flats fixed and such.

Saw some awesome bikes, I'm pondering on this $1100 Giant that is DOPE.

Talked to the dad today, he's getting back into cycling for the Tour de Franz. FRANZ not France lol. 80-110 miles a day for 2 weeks with fucking crazy fast riders.

And buying a $8000 Ridley, fully upgraded, carbon fiber bike for $3000.

It shall be mine in 2-3 years.

Awesomeness.

you got the baileyworks bag? does it have a lot of pockets on the inside/what is the capacity? any chance you could post pictures of the interior of the bag? nearly no sites include pictures of the interior of their bags.

this questions mainly for shai- if i were to get a ReLoad bag, which size would i need, civilian of courier? it would be mainly for normal commuting, gym clothes, books for uni, maybe an extra layer, and some random shit, maybe groceries every once in awhile.

get a chrome bag, heheheh.

and rolltops are the new messenger bag.

but anyway. half of my bikes are back in shape.

still waiting for bianchi to replace my concept.

honestly i have been waiting for the bike longer than i have had it.

and im waiting for the GF to bring the sewing machine over

so i can make a new top tube pad cover since mine got G'd.

i think thats it.

top tube pads do a couple of things, neither of which concerns my package.

it is something to lean the bike on when locking up. i am OCD about the finish on my bikes so the idea of the top tube rubbing on some bike rack/sign post is outta the question. otherwise, should i ever crash or have the bars swing around it protects the top tube from handlebar dings.

and the chrome suggestion was a joke, though i dont know enough to say that chrome is much bigger a company than REload. both are still handmade in the USA as far as i know. regardless, if i was going to buy a messenger aimed bag it would be a roll-top.

+1 for rubbish. though i think i sprint faster whilst altered.