bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest shai_hulud

Hey, anyone in the East Bay-

I have a decent set of MTB wheels someone gave to me that I would like to pass along.

They're Syncros Big Box rims, 32 hole, Deore 9 speed hubs in good condition, with new Specialized tires.

First person to come pick them up (west Berkeley), they're yours. They're nothing special, but they're free.

I may deliver them if there's beer and a BART ticket involved.

Guest shai_hulud

Where j00 at, then?

I'll bring you a few cookies.

Sorry, Fist, I'm going to be gone by March. Maybe someone can hold on to them for you?

As I said, I do not need them. Count, you feel like holding on to them for Fist for a month or two?

Guest shai_hulud

Nahhh, too many douchebags around here.

Anyway, Fist...try me on AIM later, we'll sort something out.

Count, if you're drinking somewhere that isn't too far off of the beaten path, PM me. I got a few bucks to spend at a bar.

So far as I can tell it's just as strong and much easier. I know some people rather use glue, but theres a few guys at the track that swear by the tape.

Haha if my name was Rubbish, I wouldnt forget sealant either.

have you gotten by using non-tufo tires with the tape?

i got some conti sprinter gatorskins, they should be bombproof enough w/o sealant... i don't think i've ever flatted a clincher gatorskin before, and never a front tire period.

I never heard of the tape. I'd recommend glue for tubulars, tape sounds sketchy.

dude c'mon now, if you've never heard of something then how is it possible to form a valid opinion on it? tape is completely fine if you use tufo brand tires (since tufo makes the tape for their tires), i was just asking about non-tufo tires. so far i've heard mostly good reports... i was hoping for someone who specifically used conti tires with the tufo tape.

Tufo says that the intestines of other tires rot too easily with the tape, but noone i know has had any problems whatsoever... other than with vittorias. The nice thing about the tufo tubies is that they're made of latex. High psi, and the tufo sealant is pure liquid latex so it works great with the tire.

Guest shai_hulud

I'm just saying tape sounds sketchy. I really don't know, I rode sew-ups for a little while. The only thing I noticed was that they took much higher pressure than most clinchers, so the cornering was better.

I always wanted to try sew-ups for cross, but never got around to it.

Tour of Qatar - Stage Five

Maggie looks down to see if Julian Dean is on his wheel and when he looks up he slams into the rear wheel of a Quickstep rider... thus taking out Julian and Chris Sutton who were linig up nicely to place at the line.

Poor Slipstream...

Gluing tubs is not super easy or fun... but there is a reason 99.9% of people running tubulars do it... Your new bike flare is going to be a pain in the ass.... You seriously have never had a flat in your front tire??? Just for typing that you are going to get one while the glue is still wet...

Yeah I was thinking that as I typed it, but no, never flatted a front or a Gatorskin. *knock on wood* I also run strictly nice tires up front too, right now got a 4 Seasons on one bike and a GP4000 on the other.

Another weekend of snow and sleet and like an idiot I'm out in it. Three hours on Saturday and four yesterday. If I get dropped in my first race this season... I'm going to hate myself.

However, my Reynolds wheels should be in a week or so... stoked.