bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Page three?... I think not.

Brought the new steed home on Sunday. The Reynolds wheels are on order but until then...

look595.jpg

Rides perfectly for me. Being an old BMX racer guy this bike is perfect. Super stiff and super responsive. Glides uphill too... which is great for my fat ass. There is no give in this bike at all. It feels like each pedal stroke I'm getting 100% out of it. The look carbon handlebars with the "flat" top are easily the most comfortable I've used. I rode the Ritchey "flat" top bars before but they were too flat... if that makes sense. These Look ones have a slight oval to them and it just makes for a comfy place to rest your palms. That Look stem is no joke either. Still need to cut the fork tube down. I just switched to Dura Ace pedals from Speedplay Zero and I'm still on the fence about whether or not I like them. I definitely like the wider platform... maybe I just need to get used to 'em. I've been riding the Zeros for close to three years now.

I wish the weather would clear up so I could take this baby out for some more rides!

Thank god it wasn't Portland. I don't want people to think we have idiots who look like that here... even though that's all we have here. Does anyone take a shower anymore?

It ALL about the hobo scruff look. I was joking with a friend how in stores like urban outfitters theyll start peeing on the clothes before you but them so you can REALLY be street even before you leave the store!

nnah man that shit is the ultimate status symbol. peopl etry to fake it, for cred. they fail.

gear:kit:

so i found found a stash of vintage wool jersies and they rock my world. im very over all my spandex. and one try the ones from that new company w/ the fancy new wool? forget the name, they are like $100 though. expensive. oh and being kinda grimey on a dope bike is the look. has the med school / mba set all thrown off. then crush those fools.

After a nice four hour slog in the rain I rushed home to meet with a guy who was very interested in buying my bike.

He was out tooling around for about twenty minutes as I hung around waiting. I saw him coming back, cross through the intersection about a block away at which point my view of him was blocked by a fence. I waited for him to come around the block for about ten minutes... wondering where he went. At that point an ambulance comes screaming through the neighborhood... and stops just past the fence that had blocked my view of my test rider. I slowly made my way over, turned the corner only to find my test rider being put in the back of the ambulance. Apparently, he had a seizure while riding the bike. After he went through the intersection he collapsed on to the edge of the curb and began choking on the gum he was chewing. There were four people walking down the sidewalk just as he collapsed, saw that he began choking and didn't know what to do. Another guy walking across the street walked over and saw that he was choking and thankfully knew what to do. He found the gum blocking his airway and pulled it out, then helped resuscitate him. When the test rider came to he had no idea who he was, who the president was... all the normal questions asked in such a state. As the ambulance was about to pull away I mentioned what the test riders name is, where his car is and how I knew him. They gave me my once beautiful but now scratched and battered bike back, then drove off. Fortunately, I called the test rider a little while ago and he was doing okay. He had never had a seizure before and couldn't remember anything leading up to his falling. He told me the last thing he remembered and it was the OHSU building several blocks away from where he fell. He's waiting for test results but claims he feels fine.

Moral of the story? Don't chew gum.

Is this the Scott CR1 you're selling? Shit if I had any money i'd buy it. I could care less if it's all banged up.

At first when you wrote he had a seizure, I was thinking "damn that'd be fucked up to make him buy the bike after he fell." Then you said dude choked on his own gum. That dipshit better pony up. If he doesn't, I've gotta ask what you're selling it for.

Wool jerseys are cool. All truth about stinky sweaty bacterially infected polyester vs the natural wool. We had a group buy from that site, on some custom wool gear a while ago. They all had like "bay area" and other phrases on em that'd prob. make hesh cringe. I didn't get in on it but they looked nice. I've kept my distance tho because the only guys wearing wool around here are the midlife rivendell alternative hippy bunch, and most of them are really ugly.

I've still got a tattered twin six jersey with a bigass hole in the left pocket where my dog ate my jersey because some Gu got on the pocket. Im about to pony up for some campy bibs, and I'm about a month away from recieving my team kit.

T607J005b_lg.jpg

Stitching on the twin six under the zipper is a little to be desired, but they fit pretty nicely compared to my CSC team jersey i got as gift, but wont wear.

Yeah, it's the Scott CR 1 SL that I rode last year. I'm asking $2400 for it which is a freakin' steal. Well, now with the new scratches I'm not so sure. However, dude sent me a text message saying he really likes the bike but would like to ride it again before definitely buying it. I'll be going on the ride with him, that's for sure.

There's rollers and there's trainers. Either way you gotta get rid of your knobby tires and buy slicks. Also, you're not going to find anything for under 100 unless you buy used on

CL, even than it's a crapshoot. Rollers help technique and you're basically balancing it out as you pedal on three barrells (rollers), they have a small learning curve. Trainers are a little different, you can sit there and mindlessly pedal away because there's no balancing involved and they give a more intensity type workout. Both have their pros and cons. Performancebike.com is a good place to look for cheap shit. I'd say get the rollers off performance for like $120.