bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

a little crossfire...

had that video been made twenty years ago it would be much easier to swallow. but by now white people have reappropriated that kind of (hip) hip hop. so much so, that seeing two black kids doing it (again?) is both refreshing and threatening. it may be assumed that only white kids can pull off a post-ironic song about rad-era BMX. at first glance i thought heck yeah two chicago kids making hip hop (hip hop that white people listen to because it makes them feel more real than the white kid wearing a too-big-all-over-print-bugs-bunny-holding-wads-of-cash-with-a-blunt-hanging-out-of-his-mouth t-shirt). after a second thought though i realized that these kids may be total tools (of the 'hey i am being post-ironic and wish it were the 80s again' sort). if i met them at a party or whatever i would probably be disappointed with their actual selves. are they hipsters or are they black? as if they cannot be both. blah blah blah. i need to turn this over in my head some more. or i need to forget about it and do something fruitful.

pace!

ps - i think i am going to stick to the original plan and go with campy hubs.

thinking about doing the clipless thing. are time atac pedals heavy duty enough that i'm not gonna come unclipped during a skid?

my buddy rides the fuck out of his time atac's, never had a problem. i've ridden a gang of diffrent shimano pedals, and as long as you dont got the tension set really loose you shouldnt have any issues.

unless you like to turn your feet at 90 degree angles alot.

Back in highschool I knew a bunch of black kids who were good at BMX. Why these kids rapping about bikes is such a BFD is pretty fucking stupid. Drug-store sunglasses or wayfarers, adidas track jackets and dunks was as much apart of the 80's as they were the 90's and now. That's not ironic. Just say "Black people make me uncomfortable." and be done with the conversation.

When I rode snowboards, I had a special place of hate in my heart for Northwave. Who knows if they make clipless shoes like they do snowboard boots, but the name Northwave definitely leaves a sour taste in my mouth... Hopefully the Mega (wide) Sidi's fit my feet. I got some Time ATAC's today so now I can't wait for this whole clipless thing to come together.

Did a 30 mile easy ride with the roadies today on my track bike. It was interesting... did it brakeless yet didn't feel like I had any less stopping capacity than anyone else in the rain. Also kicked ass on the climbs only to go to the back on the descents. Fun stuff.

That outfit is tragic...

Rubbish - I know nothing of Northwave snowboard boots. Their cycling shoes have been holding up real well for me these past two years. I'd much rather ride Sidi, of course, but their wide shoes only come in black... and I like to be a bit more flashy than solid black. Sidi makes a perfect shoe so I won't shut 'em down.

Ive ridden a good 4k miles in the adidas and theyre holding up great. The concepts got some toe overlap so I cracked the carbon sole a little when my shoe hit the tire, but it hasnt effected the shoe at all. The keo sprints are holding up for that long as well. Replaced the cleats only once.

Check out the new Sturmy Archer stuff. Great thing about carbon fiber is it looks nice but you cant tell the quality until is cracks/pinholes/warps on you.

1-1.jpg

What do you think of the shifter buttons?

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Deraileur looks like a mini ducati.

That outfit is tragic...

Rubbish - I know nothing of Northwave snowboard boots. Their cycling shoes have been holding up real well for me these past two years. I'd much rather ride Sidi, of course, but their wide shoes only come in black... and I like to be a bit more flashy than solid black. Sidi makes a perfect shoe so I won't shut 'em down.

word, nothing wrong with black "leather" though, right? sidi's look nice. i tried on some genius megas this weekend and they fit like a dream, gonna get the dom megas soon because the shop didn't have them in stock...

saying you have the same stopping power on a fixie as a modern road bike is completely assenine. even in the rain, your lucky nothing serious happened. no offense but i would have told you to fuck off if you showed to a group i was riding w/ brakeless.

i'm only saying the rear brake is going to give you about the same stopping power as a fixed drivetrain and some proper seated skids/skips (none of that balls to stem shit). that's not saying much, especially when you're talking caliper brakes on slippery rims. but yeah, you are right that my bike needs a brake if i'm going to keep doing group rides like that... unless everyone else is riding the same bike as me.

I guess it depends on what kind of BB it is. I'm rolling with some cheapo generic one that's about to give out... I need a new one and a crankset to match. If you have a looseball BB, definitely do an overhaul before the thing needs to be thrown out...

I'll probably be working out in the gym. For now I want to get a lot more riding done on rollers. The day after I ride them my technique feels so perfect and I swear I use like 1/3 the energy I would be. But than after that I always revert back to bad habits again until the next roller session... It's rainy as hell right now and I just cleaned/lubed my chain too :-\

Yeah cadence definitely feels pretty clean after using rollers.

I'll give the bb a good scrub tomorrow. My BB's not feeling like it's rough or loose, it just doesn't glide like a new bb does. I just can't remember if it ever felt super smooth or not. I remember being able to push my roadbike up to 36 mph fairly quickly when i first bought it a year ago, but that's when I was paid to swim nine hours a day five days a week. Lately I haven't really been able to push it past 32.5 on flats. I might add the pool to the workout regimin since the weather's like summer when it's not pouring rain.

i fell into riding track bikes a few years ago i got myself a lovely bianchi pista 07 model before that the bikes have been self builds. no hipsters in europe yet actually there are fuckloads ha ha. but i was a messenger for a good few years before university. so i geuss im free of this stygma unlike most of san francisco's writers when i visited ha ha just kidding.