bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I can only imagine the uproar it would have caused were they to make it illegal to ride fixed / brakeless. In a city where literally just about everyone within city limits rides a fixed or converted fixed bike... a shit law like that would have been chaos.

I can't wait till the vintage dutch bikes take over the "cool - now" factor and fixed goes back to the ones who really like it.

Im surprised youre leaning more towards oversized aluminum tubing than a dutch coaster. You seemed so gung ho about showing off the old man in you when we were talking about gazelles. More Americans`ll need to travel to Amsterdam before this shit catches on. I love the dutch and their family sedan on bikes. One child in a handlebar basket, the other kid on the cyclists lap with the wife sidesaddling the rear rack. Shits tight.

I still love the dutch bikes, don't get me wrong. I'd even love to own one. But with the Ace hotel now selling and renting the Jorg & Olif style dutch bikes it's only a matter of time before you see the hip crowd trading their fixed for Dutch.

If I could get a Gazelle in the states, I'd be all over it. You can buy one through a shop in Florida and pay a poo-load for shipping and exporting to the them, and then shipping to yourself, and the cost of the bike. There is a chance of doing just that but the price for doing so is so outrageous that I'd rather spend my cash on something I'll use much, much more.

Some dude in town is selling an Obree fixed TT bike for $90k if anyone is interested... test rides will only set you back $5k. Hesh?...

Hah can i switch back if I dont like em? Ive got 170s on my roadie but I need the street corner clearance. I think the gios is a great bike. If I had 2k for another frame, and another 1k to build it propper I would. Whoisseuth, I doubt you could ever set it up like this. Its an optical illusion, there is actually a bicycle in this picture.

And%20now,%20please,%20try%20to%20look%20at%20the%20bike!.txt.jpg

eh, never mind. i'm stupid and 170 suits me fine. the internet turns me into some kind of "grass is greener on the other side" idealist, whereas actually riding my bike makes me not give a fuck really, besides things like stretched chains and out-of-true rims.

i would like me some sweet kaisei tubed track frame though, those japanese know how to make nice steel.

for hesh's sake, if i had the money i'd go out and buy a nice road bike too, and ride it from the city to the beach and back.

A 650 seems more trouble than it's worth... and that fad died out long ago. Even with triathletes. There's no real science that proves the wheel gets you there faster. But you said you ride for a living so I assume you're a messenger. Which means it has nothing to do with performance.

I'm bummed they didn't cover the race on VS. but I didn't expect them to. That station sucks for watching races. I heard JJ Haedo won the race... duh.

No motivation to ride lately. Need the nice weather back...

Ah the Cannondale Capo... would have heavily thought about that bike as a winter training bike but unfortunately for them, they left out fender mounts. Why make up a street / commuter bike and leave out fender mounts? Not too smart on Cannondale's end if you ask me.

I have the Arione saddle and love it. I've gone through many saddles and found the Arione to be the most comfortable... for me. The Selle San Marcos Rolls saddle is a hot favorite in the pro ranks for the "bigger" boys and I assume so because of it's wider and more cushioned surface. I've never actually ridden one before so I can't make judgement on them. However... saddles are a very personal thing and probably the most important piece of equipment you put on your bike. So choose wisely. I like the Fizik Arione because I can get more positions on the long shape of the saddle and when adjusting the saddle fore and aft I have more room than most saddles allow due to the longer rails. But I'm racing so my needs are different from what you'll need.

Either one is gonna cost you unless you go the eBay / Craigslist route...