Wheatpasting 101

ODS-1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply
here's mine but does regular paper work? i went to fedexkinkos to print it out...

you completely stole this design, it is an old punk shirt. you didn't change anything at all. are you seriously going to try and pass this off as your own, let alone paste it all over a city?

you get a big piece of paper and blow the image up

that doesnt help at all dumbshit. you can either use a large scale copier at kinos or a copy place, or you can make a silkscreen which is the size of the image and hand print them. if you blow them up at kinkos it can be expensive but you dont have to pay to use the copier, so make as many as you can and just put em in your bag. making a screen is costly but if done right you can make millions of posters all you need is paper and ink. i'd recomend the silkscreen it really is the best and most useful

this sounds a bit more suited to graff...

Prepare 1 cup (2.4 dl) of very hot water. Make a thin mixture of 3 tablespoons (45 ml) of white flour and cold water (just enough to wet all the flour and make it liquid enough to pour). Pour the cold mixture slowly into the hot water while stirring constantly. Bring to a boil. When it thickens, allow to cool. Smear on like any other glue. For slightly better strength, add 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of sugar after the glue is thickened. After using a portion, reheat the remaining in a covered jar or container to sterilize it for storage or keep refrigerated. If wheat flour is not available, other flours will work.

[edit] Tips for Wheatpasting

• Contrary to the name, bleached white flour is better to use than wheat flour because it does not discolor your work or leave small brown flecks of wheat all over the top of your poster.

• You can use a long broom as a brush to put your posters in out of reach places.

• Use thin paper, or newsprint paper so the paste can sink into the fibers well. Thin paper also ensures that your poster will not be ripped down in one easy pull.

• Adding sugar can increase the strength of the paste.

• Wheatpaste works best on metal and concrete.

• Applying a layer of paste around the edges of a flyer or poster will go a long way to keep it from getting ripped or torn.

• Add a small amount of wood glue or PVA to your paste after it has thickened for added strength.

• Home made wheatpaste will keep in the refrigerator for around 5 days before it starts to go bad.

• Brushing a thin layer of wheatpaste over the top of your poster will weatherproof it a bit and stiffen your paper once dry.

• Use only waterproof mediums to make your posters. The paste will probably smear your ink while you are putting it on if it's not.

if anyone uses this,let us know good it is.

daaamn when that shit goes bad it reeks like vomit.

used spray adhesive for the first time yesterday, works ok, but only on smooth surfaces.

how is the wheatpaste supposed to come out?? mine is really thick and glue-like, and by the time im ready to paste it up it has hardened a fair bit making it hard to brush.

is it supposed to come out like the douches in

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So i'm new here but i have been wheatpasting for years....i dont feel that Wheatpasting is getting the attention it deserves!!! Heres some tips to get you all encouraged:

-When making wheatpaste, use bleached white flour....NOT WHEAT FLOUR...more adhesive and no gray residue...

-ALWAYS add a couple tablespoons of sugar and wood glue into your batch of wheatpaste

-Add liquid Clear Acrylic to all your paste batches

-I personally like rollers better....more even coating...and at my dollar store i can get a 9 foot extension pole for one...

-Your wheatpaste should always have the consistency of tomato juice...

-For storing your posters, fold them in your hoody, or however you need to....ALL FOLDS AND CREASES ARE REMOVED WHEN POSTERS ARE PASTED UP!!!

-ALWAYS put a top coat on your poster!

-SPRAY ADHESIVE FOR POSTERS SUCKS!!! Except...there is this industrial strength spray adhesive i used which had some pro quality results....im still experimenting....

-Wear latex gloves when pasting....

^excellent first post

WHEATPASTE ALMOST KILLED MY DOG.

-no, im not joking.

i tossed my leftovers in the garden when it spoiled, and it gave my dog pnuemonia. my dog vomited then breathed the mist back in. now i have to shove antibiotics up its butt.

KEEP WHEATPASTE AWAY FROM ANIMALS!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived