Wheatpasting 101

ODS-1

I couldn't find anything detailing an answer for this question after searching so here it is:

DISPOSAL OF WHEATPASTE?

- Clearly the stuff can become somewhat of a bitch to work with after it's dried out, however, my question is... After you're done cooking up a batch, how do you guys dispose of what's leftover in the pot, etc.? Is this shit safe to dump down the sink? (I live in an apartment that has very small drains/pipes, even if just a little bit of food goes down it tends to back up. I'm ASSUMING that as long as this stuff stays wet it's going to be fairly viscous and should wash down the drain without a hitch. I guess I'm just hoping not to hear about someone's horror story of how their sink got clogged with wheatpaste. I don't think I want to explain that one to my super.

p.s. fuck you and have a nice day!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I couldn't find anything detailing an answer for this question after searching so here it is:

DISPOSAL OF WHEATPASTE?

- Clearly the stuff can become somewhat of a bitch to work with after it's dried out, however, my question is... After you're done cooking up a batch, how do you guys dispose of what's leftover in the pot, etc.? Is this shit safe to dump down the sink? (I live in an apartment that has very small drains/pipes, even if just a little bit of food goes down it tends to back up. I'm ASSUMING that as long as this stuff stays wet it's going to be fairly viscous and should wash down the drain without a hitch. I guess I'm just hoping not to hear about someone's horror story of how their sink got clogged with wheatpaste. I don't think I want to explain that one to my super.

just eat it...

DISPOSAL OF WHEATPASTE?

dump it down a street drain or w/e

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm new to this whole street art thing and have mostly just been putting up pastel mushrooms with bristol and and spray adhesive, but its getting old as the adhesive is loud when you shake it and usually attracts attention.

I made some wheat paste just now using a recipe I googled. but I'm curious as to the best paper to apply it to. every time the question is posed in here it gets buried and ignored. best paper for large projects? will bristol board work well? I'm hand making my pieces with pastels and the odd sharpie. fuck a printer. anyone else doing this?

Social networking on the Internet S2H is the best network for dating among friends

Ñîöèàëüíàÿ ñåòü S2H êàê ïîìîøíèê íà ðàáîòå

Ðàçâèâàéòå Âàø ôîðóì â ñîöèàëüíîé ñåòè.

Ïîêóïàòåëè èëè ïàðòíåðû íå çàñòàíóò ñåáÿ äîëãî æäàòü.

Âàøå ïðîöâåòàíèå ñâÿçàíî ñ ñîöèàëüíîé ñåòüþ S2H.

http://s2h.ru

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
what do you keep your wheatpaste in while out sticking posters up? i dont imagine that a bucket of wheatpase would be that easy to carry around, it is fairly conspicuous as well, could you put it in some sort of bottle? or would it be too gluggy and thick? how much is actually required to affix an A4 size poster to a wall?

i put mine in a doubled walmart baggy, and carried a paint brush in the bagg.. and i had gloves on...

walked up to the spot put the glue on the spot with the brush, etc... worked for me

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

heres a recipe that might work:

go to a field of some sort, usually populated and other farm stock. find some grazing wheat that the heifers use as feed and harvest it. take it home and place the ends (remove the stems) in a bowl. find a rock and mash them suckas into a finely ground poultice. then ad glue, water, and milk. heat repeatedly, then freeze, then thaw out in the oven. this substance that has been created will stick to absolutely anything, and as long as you have a strongly bound paper material, your wheat paste will be immortal. There! its practically like you're a writer now! TA DA!

• 5 months later...

Archived