Wheatpasting 101

ODS-1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^ sheer luck. if that were always the case, terror paste would have never been invented. im not giving out recipes or explaining what it is, but if you know what it is, then you know why it was invented and what its purpose is.

as for cellulose powder, get it from any retailer that has supplies for wallpapering. it is a very cheap powder.

the whole world just needs some very cheap powder and we would all get along just fine. nobody would be trying to tear eachother's posters down...

• 1 month later...

ALRIGHT, - that cellulose powder shit is tighhhhhht

not that this is exactly on topic with wheatpasting but i figure someone can help me,

alright for a while ive been using those office labels for stickers their pree sick cause their blank and theres all types of sizes even full page stickers,

but i was wondering (for any canadians out there that know)where can i go to get those fricken packaging stickers for free everyone uses in europe, like fakk ive checked the post office, and puralator and shit? please let me know

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i recently decorated my bedroom, now i have some mad ass trippy wallpaper :)

anyway, i overbought and have stuff left over. when you buy wallpaper, have a look around that area of the shop and eventually you'll find something along the lines of 'Just add water wallpaper paste'. WALLPAPER PASTE IS THE SAME AS WHEAT PASTE. its easier to make and to get hold of. also its cheap as chips.

10004551.jpg

Pasted up a long time ago, came down four days after. The location was awesome and I pasted it up beside a speed bump, just so people would freak 'slow.. slower.. WHY AM I LOOKING AT A HORSE'

Wheatpaste DOES expand, so don't do something stupid like seal it in a container with a tentative lid before it's cooled. I made a huge pitcher two days before, went to grab it the night of, and found my hand deep in a wet mass that felt like you'd imagine diarrhea would feel and smelled like vomit. So basically I spent the night cleaning my closet instead of pasting. Awesome night that was

Edit: keeping it in a warm closet probably qualifies as stupid things to do with wheatpaste

• 2 weeks later...

What's up everyone I've been looking around and it seems like a great site with lots of good posts, especially on the subject of wheat pasting. I've been wheat-pasting my Monument Ltd. posters around Phoenix Arizona for years. During that time I have tried all kinds of paste from wall paper paste to Elmer's glue. and It comes down to two things. Time or money. If you are on a limited budget like most artists are you can make simple paste with this how-to-make-wheat-paste-recipe I've used it for years. If however you are posting up hundreds of posters a night then it is way easier to buy premixed wall paper paste. you can get it at any home improvement store. Oh yea and rollers are miserable for anything except super big throw-ups because they stick to the paper when you try to smooth it out. brushes and brooms are the best.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
how do you set up your paper?

for example i have a 2x4 pages i want to put together. how do you order your paper overlapping?

as well, how do you put your pages together, do you overlap them?

what do you use to put them together? glue sticks?

Seriously?

I'm shocked that someone actually asked how to put paper together and what to use.

FFS we shouldn't have to hold your hand through the process....trial and error....figure it out yourself.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It won't get hard like cement or anything, but it will build pressure because of the gas build up.. Kinda like when you make hooch, or fermit fruits for wine.. And it will explode if handled improperly or left in a warm spot too long.. But how did your wheatpasting go.?

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if you heard.. But this cat Poster Boy from N.Y. just got sentenced to 11 months in Rikers Island.. Apparently he got the book thrown at him because he missed his original court date.. But he's got some pretty sweet work.. Good luck doing posters in the clink, no lol on that shit,,

• 4 weeks later...

How do I go about making bigger sized posters than regular sheets of paper? Besides bringing it to some print shop thats going to cost me 5 dollars everytime I make a copy. and I have a screen printer just not that big of one. we need one some screen printer layouts on here. I need a bigger one.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived