shout out to bob edwards, host of morning edition on NPR...done today after 30 years

mental invalid

"im bob edwards and your listening to morning edition on npr"

bob,

ill miss you in the a.m. hombre...your voice has been riding shotgun since i started this 9-5 shit and i appreciate all the audio trips weve taken while ive been stuck in bumper to bumper drudgery...its been a great commute and youll surely be missed...a voice of a face ive never met but knew so well...

good luck with the new role, dont be a stranger.

"hear you later"

roe

the man the myth the legend:

http://www.npr.org/about/specials/bedwards/

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

So last night I was at a bar talking to a bunch of girls and I was somehow on the topic of the "90 second naturalist" on NPR, and asked the girls if any of them listen to NPR. 2 of the 3 just looked at me and said "no." and the last girl said that in highschool her geography teacher used to listen to NPR. Then they all walked away.

My roommate listens to NPR ALL DAY LONG!! in between NPR its drum and bass..then..BACK TO NPR! its rubbed off on me. the people on it are pretty funny and cool tho. bob was the man on the early morning tip. that show this american life is cool, dr katz (remember him?) his son comes on there sometimes and tells very wierd awesome short stories.

its a sad day in the world of public radio. i dont understand how movin to this new guy is gonna get more ppl to listen....thats why they did this supposedly try ad get a fresher demographic. im assumin that means younger. but the question i have is do they really think that by movin to a new announcer they are gonna get a younger demographic? i think not, those of us that are young and listen dont listen tofr the announcer. o well. at least he is stayin on as a special correspondent. as u can see im a lil perturbed by this...

Archived