On a more serious note

Overtime

Nigga please.

Originally posted by seeking

seeks rambling rebuttles and pointless diatribe....

geiger. another overly hyped, overly technical, completely souless waste of time. if dude could be any more boring to me, i'd forget how to breath and die before i could finish typing this.

:lol: :rolleyes: you're a dumbass.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by seeking

architects. architects get totally slept on as being artists. as our world becomes bigger (and simultaniously smaller) architects play a larger roll in how we view art and nature and all that. i cant really name anyone other than frank loyd write, but thats fine, because i doubt most people can either. it doesnt matter though, its not about the people, its the products.

he was my great grandpas roomate in college, my great grandpa was thomas hardy and he got a free house, its called the thomas hardy house. oh frank.

www.peterbeers.net/.../ DSCN0656_Hardy_House.JPG'>

www.peterbeers.net/.../ DSCN0654_Hardy_House.JPG'>

Originally posted by onesecondple

i would love to believe that dondi would go down in history for art, but it probably wont happen. No doubt Dondi will be remember till the end of time in the graffiti world, but elsewhere, i dont know.

THATS how you are looking at this all wrong. Thru art history as a movement is going on most of the world isnt ready to accept it. Much like any of the modern movements, they were despised by the critics and the public alike till much after they were over. Graffiti is in my view the last movement ... there maybe more to come ... but with the apathy growing by the minute in this culture i dont see it. we will have the super stars ... we love them now ... but when we are dead and gone the rest of the art history world will have them in the text books.

Originally posted by ERIZENO

THATS how you are looking at this all wrong. Thru art history as a movement is going on most of the world isnt ready to accept it. Much like any of the modern movements, they were despised by the critics and the public alike till much after they were over. Graffiti is in my view the last movement ... there maybe more to come ... but with the apathy growing by the minute in this culture i dont see it. we will have the super stars ... we love them now ... but when we are dead and gone the rest of the art history world will have them in the text books.

yeah, i think that myself, dont get me wrong, but it seems more of a hope than actual thoughts of truth in my mind. I want to say that hundreds of years down the line people will look at mural done by totem, daim, loomit, ces, yes, saber, sever, ewok, people like that and will be in awe, but i have doubts still...

well its either they will go into the art history books, or visual arts will die. In the US it wouldnt suprise me to find it die, but I'm too optimistic and i dont want to think about the negative side. However i see that as more of a US thing not the world .... in so many other places art is still held in a much higher regard. It's kinda sad to me ...but I am kinda getting over the want to have fame from my art myself ... I think its too much of an earthly want. I will continute to produce my art and thinking forward on it, but the goal is diffrent now. I like Im sure most others want to go down in the art history books and be remembered for my contribution to the art world, but not much any more ... its all about self satisfaction of just making the work. so i feel a bit seperated from the thought.

Archived