Free Alex Lifeson!

ares

Rush's Alex Lifeson busted in Florida

Deputies use stun gun on legendary axeman Alex Lifeson

http://www.thestar.com/images/thestar/img/040102_lifeson_alex_200.jpg'>

ASSOCIATED PRESS

NAPLES, Florida — The lead guitarist for the Canadian rock band Rush skirmished with sheriff's deputies, spat blood on one and was arrested on New Year's Eve after his son refused to leave the stage at a fancy hotel, authorities said.

Deputies said they had to use a stun gun on 50-year-old Alex Zivojinovich - known on stage as Alex Lifeson - for what they described as drunken, violent behaviour at the Naples Ritz-Carlton hotel.

Zivojinovich was still in Collier County jail early today. Also arrested were his son Justin Zivojinovich, 33, and his son's wife, Michelle Zivojinovich, 30.

Justin Zivojinovich said deputies broke his father's nose.

The son said he went on the stage where the house band was performing so he could sing.

"I was singing Happy New Year's, that's all I was doing, singing to the whole crowd. That's all I said, 'Happy New Year,' " Justin Zivojinovich said. "Everyone was enjoying themselves. That's when someone apparently started yelling for one of the security guards. There was no violence on our part."

According to authorities, the scuffle began when Justin Zivojinovich refused to leave the stage.

His father spat blood on a deputy's face and pushed a deputy down a hotel stairwell during the struggle, a police report said.

Justin Zivojinovich disputed that account, saying the deputy tumbled down the stairs as she pushed the guitarist down the stairwell.

Charges against Alex Zivojinovich include aggravated battery on a law enforcement officer, resisting an officer with violence, and disorderly intoxication.

Rush's hits include "Tom Sawyer," "Subdivisions" and "Spirit of the Radio."

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Archived