the NEW sketch thread

Overtime

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

enigma... sorry, homie. That's something that's always bugged me. Your sketches... even your pieces, have solid letter structure but look like you're racing to get them out. Slow down a bit and put some sweat and tears into it. I think you'll be surprised. I'll spend three or four hours on a page sometimes, but in the end, I get stuff like this:

120907.jpg

Why make us look if you won't bother to put any time or effort into it? This is 100% repeating what everyone else is saying but instead of making a million half assed outlines, scanning them and posting them in pretty much every sketch thread, take that time to work on only one. Slowly and thoughtfully, otherwise you're wasting your time posting rushed and shitty work and you're forcing us all to look at it. If you don't even give yourself a chance to do what you're most likely capable of then you'll have no possibility to progress or make any sort of changes. Slow down then maybe people can offer some other forms of criticism.

• Like 1

Why make us look if you won't bother to put any time or effort into it?

Its not exactly that im not willing to put time and effort into it. The original sketch looked good. It looked good as I was inking the outline.

Then it all went downhill from there. The red pen bled over and I didnt have the right colors etc.

I know those are just excuses. But still. Its not like im being mean and forcing you to choke down horrible graffiti.

So heres the deal. Hows this. I wont post ANYTHING unless its the best of my abilitys, that I actually spent time and effort on. sound good?

Okay. starting now.

Yeah Enigma, boys are right. Take your time. I did with a few letters of a piece, and I'm toy as FUUUUUUCK, but I was proud of what I came up with. The rest is shit cause I was tired, and burnt out, and wanted to get it done, but yeah, I took time with the C and it looks really nice. =)

if u cant spend 40 minutes in ur book then u prob shouldnt be writing..

if im bored at night i can draw for like 4 hours and still not satisfied with what i did

its those toy eyes, u gotta look at ur stuff and say "this is bad" because if u keep thinking ur busting out good shit u'll never get better. its progresion

i've seen some painted pieces from u at the legal wall and those werent to bad, think about ur book as that wall and really work at it.