INK RECIPE SUPERTHREAD

rubbish heap

Guest sneak

Buff testing...

the other night i filled up a bog-standard 20mm with some nero only.

i went out, got a few reaches...

i was in the same area the next day, and one of my tags on a marble wall was attempting to be gotten rid of by some poor worker.

i decided to stay and see what would happen, so i sat down and had a cigarette. that one fag turned into a spliff and then another fag. (ie i was there for a long time) and the worker was scrubbing away using a variety of differnet things to clean it. to no avail, when he eventually thought "fuck it" i had a closer look. you couldnt even tell someone had even tried to buff it.

thats a nice ink.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

shut the fuck up, you worthless piece of shit.

you don't need to reiterate yourself every few posts.

if you firmly stand by your opinion, start by editing your own shit out.

to make this post less of a waste, nero doesn't look too hot on plain metal. looks like somebody already tried buffing it.

RUBBISH, yo brother...

you seem to have a good understanding of additives.

i think gentian violet (powder) and crystal violet are the exact same thing,...

-C__H__CIN

__25_30___3

basically the are synonyms for the same molecular structure, right?

i stumbled across a good sized bottle of the gentian powder and its green. it turns color after its mixed with an alcohol solvent though(ink for example). is that the same stuff you've been getting?

Originally posted by rinse

RUBBISH, yo brother...

you seem to have a good understanding of additives.

i think gentian violet (powder) and crystal violet are the exact same thing,...

-C__H__CIN

__25_30___3

basically the are synonyms for the same molecular structure, right?

i stumbled across a good sized bottle of the gentian powder and its green. it turns color after its mixed with an alcohol solvent though(ink for example). is that the same stuff you've been getting?

Apparently "gentian violet" is the name of the whole family of dues which includes crystal violet, methyl violet, basic violet (Garvey's pigment) etc. They're all pretty much the same from what I can tell. I remember reading on a chemical site a long time ago why there's a greenness to it. If you get the liquid stuff, it definitely has that green glow.

Originally posted by zil

urbandesignz never responds to emails.. they got a good selection but ive had some bad experiences with them.. from now on i use four the hardway, bombing science, and art primo... stick to them..

I've emailed them twice and gotten fast replies both times.

Originally posted by rubbish heap

I've emailed them twice and gotten fast replies both times.

hmm... well then i just had bad luck.. they didnt respond to my emails and it took them 7 days to tell me that they didnt have the items that i ordered in stock.. i ordered something from bombing science at 4 AM monday morning and they shipped it 5 hours later... i had a tracking number in another 30 minutes... so for me i stick the ones that i know are good, four the hardway, art primo, and bombing science.. i suggust you do the same...

... They're all pretty much the same from what I can tell. I remember reading on a chemical site a long time ago why there's a greenness to it. If you get the liquid stuff, it definitely has that green glow.

yea i've notice the ashy sheen to the liquid but this powder is straight green. i quess i was wondering if that is typical but whatever... it works.

^^^i have plenty of garvey.

infact i have baby-biggie filled with violet garvey right now.

i got a handful of marks and mops filled with various inks as well as a box full of different inks, additives, etc.

its a part my well rounded diet...why, whatchu' got?

Originally posted by rinse

^^^i have plenty of garvey.

infact i have baby-biggie filled with violet garvey right now.

i got a handful of marks and mops filled with various inks as well as a box full of different inks, additives, etc.

its a part my well rounded diet...why, whatchu' got?

i dont mess with inks.. its a pain in the ass and you arent gunna get better than the chemists.. i use nero, garvey, and marsh.. all of them are decent but garvey kicks ass.. i dont mess with it and they still cant buff it

Okay, you guys like to keep your Garvey straight and I'm going to sum up exactly why I think it's best mixed. Garvey, while it kills metal, is surprisingly not to great on certain other surfaces. It will actually weather away on something like... Painted wood (bus stops here). When I hit up shit, I don't have time to have a marker with ink for each surface I hit, I like to have an ink that will last on metal, wood, cement, plastic etc. Straight Garvey will stain metal, but not wood or plastic. Now, the ink I add is Marsh; it doesn't necessarrily stain the aforementioned surfaces that Garvey doesn't, but it does have it's staying power. On a side note, I don't really like the stock purple Garvey comes in. When I mix it with black Marsh I get a much nicer, darker, more opaque purple.

i had my pen juiced up with some violet garvey and inferno and apparently the stains it left were alot harsher than that of straight garvey on plastic. and it still stained metal nicely. maybe not AS much as straight, but it'll do for me anyday.

anyway, im pretty sure i know the answer.. but, i picked up various additives the other day (methylene blue, violet) and was wondering if anyone had any insight on adding them to garvey and/or inferno? ie, better stain etc. i ask because i've only read adding them with corio..

cheers

& rubbish i agree, but that electric violet garvey has, wow..but yeh, couldnt agree more - it does need another ink for other surfaces and like you said, fuck carrying around a pen for every surface.

Okay, you guys like to keep your Garvey straight and I'm going to sum up exactly why I think it's best mixed. Garvey, while it kills metal, is surprisingly not to great on certain other surfaces. It will actually weather away on something like... Painted wood (bus stops here). When I hit up shit, I don't have time to have a marker with ink for each surface I hit, I like to have an ink that will last on metal, wood, cement, plastic etc. Straight Garvey will stain metal, but not wood or plastic. Now, the ink I add is Marsh; it doesn't necessarrily stain the aforementioned surfaces that Garvey doesn't, but it does have it's staying power.

what then, would be the benefit of mixing garvey and marsh other than cosmetic?

On a side note, I don't really like the stock purple Garvey comes in. When I mix it with black Marsh I get a much nicer, darker, more opaque purple.

ah man... garvey violet is so vivid! on light surfaces you can spot it all the way down the block! i guess everyones got there own flava'.

Originally posted by ader47

...that electric violet garvey has, wow...

werd.

I never got my hands on Nero. I think that mixed with Garvey could be very promising...

Nero is good..but i first started using it aaages ago and on trains it stained really well..but now if you use straight nero it doesnt stain that well, i think they got better cleaner stuff or something

sneaky, i hear you on the garvey.. i wanna get me some black garvey:yum:

okay, my current stock is garvey, nero and violet flowpen (out of marsh).. some of you swear by adding things to garvey, but i have always liked it alone.. however i have enough garvey now, that i can afford to screw some up.. using any of these, which ones would you mix to make something that stains plastic better than garvey does.. I have never used flowpen ink before, but i did get a free bottle not long ago, so i could try to use that some how.. any advice would be appreciated...

ey wassup if its been answered my bad but anybody fucked with lincoln leather dye before could u tell me if it stains very hard and leaves a ghost after its buffed...my boy who hasnt been writing that long claims it does and so i bought some and normally id juss see if my shits running but i dont wanna change the shit i use now if it turns out that lincold gets buffed easy....thanks alot for anybody who helps me out