Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest imported_Tesseract

Growing hair

im a hockey player so i got the hocker flow going.

dirt.

it all flows back so it curles out the back of my helmet. the ladies dig it!

any other hockey fans in here?

i don't know if this phenomenon is sweeping the globe yet, but it is once again 'trendy' (from what i can gather by the coffee shop wankers getting around) to sport the mullet. and ug boots. where this ug boot fashion came from i don't know, but it is downright stupid

Guest Pilau Hands
Originally posted by dr.testical

im a hockey player so i got the hocker flow going...it all flows back so it curles out the back of my helmet.

i too have that, not because of hockey though. an added bonus are the flips of hair above my ears that slip out from my cap. i call them "wings" and the whole thing i call the "triple A ball club doo"

Tess reminded me right now...so whats the update on this...anyone still got a fro going?

I havent gotten a cut in a while, so im probably at the point of having the longest hair ive ever had.

Guest imported_Tesseract

haha, word...4 months later and still no haircut...i have no flick but the front reaches the end of my nose, my ears could be covered and i have a small mullet..hahaha...the new hairstyle had a huge success to be honest but its time to give the short and sides a little cut, hair in the eyes = not good

Ive been considering cutting it back to a maneageable short...but im skeptical, I never dug on short hair, +I hate haircuts, I might try to keep the length (against my gf wishes but hey...)

Originally posted by Tesseract

haha, word...4 months later and still no haircut...i have no flick but the front reaches the end of my nose, my ears could be covered and i have a small mullet..hahaha...the new hairstyle had a huge success to be honest but its time to give the short and sides a little cut, hair in the eyes = not good

I know how you feel. My hair straight, is down past my lips, but it curls, which sucks, because when Im walking, I get poked in the eye like every step I take.

I've been meaning to get a haircut for a few months now, just haven't gotten around to it. Who knows, maybe this weekend...

Its been almost 5 months since I've gotten my hair cut. I think I'm finally gonna break down and cut it this weekend. If I end up fucking it up...I'll be back to square 1 with a 1/2" buzz.

I'm growing my hair out, as well as my beard. The kids at work call me "Santa Claus" when they want to insult me, LOL. Losing weight too (love that Atkins diet---it works like a champ) so I don't truly fit into that Jolly Old Elf image as much.

I grew my beard out the first time about 1972, when I was 22. It looked scraggly and sparse for a while, but by the time I was 24, I had a seriously thick beard. I shaved it off when I enlisted in the Marines (I had better sense than to show up at Boot Camp with beard, moustache or long hair--the barbers and the Drill Instructors had a field day with the long-haired stoners.)

When I discharged from the Marines, I grew it out again. Of course, it was getting a little bit gray (age 31) but I'm seriously gray now at age 53, and getting a little thin on top too.

I never gave a shit about what anybody else thought about my hair back then (well, except for the Boot Camp thing) and I still don't. I just let it grow and cut it off however I want to. Anybody doesn't like it, fuck 'em. If my boss doesn't like it, there are plenty of other jobs out there, or if somebody doesn't want to hire me because I have long hair and a beard, great. I'll start my own business then.

Oh, I did cut my beard and hair a lot shorter when I was hanging out with the Texas militia, because we spent a lot of time outdoors in the weather, and Texas is HOT, HUMID and buggy as a motherfucker, so I sort of reverted to a semi-Marine Corps haircut, and a closely-cropped beard, but none of those guys ever expressed any opinion about it. I did it for my own comfort in the sweltering Texas summers and to avoid ticks.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

My hair's down to my chin in the front, down to my shoulders in the back. I can actually ponytail it now; I have officially reached long hair status. I said I was gonna cut it once I could ponytail it, but I don't really feel like it... although I hate sleeping in it and I hate it getting in my eyes.

Guest imported_Tesseract

To be perfectly honest, so far so good..i mean i just let my hair uncut for the last 6 months and it worked nice. I was never after letting my hair grow long...like heavy metal long or ponnytail long or whatever, so now i'm pretty close to where i wanted to be but its time for some maintance and thats what scares me the most. Due to my excessive past of short hair i never got anywhere fancier than my block's barber nor did i ever cared for stuff like that, the idea of payingx5 to cut hair in order to keep it long kinda sucks...

Originally posted by Kilo7-

Traditional?

I think having a bit of body hair (think young sean connery or Burt Renoylds)

is way more 'traditional' than the current trend of 'gayification'.

Men getting waxed and being smooth like a woman seems odd to me.

but that's just my opinion.

wordi keep telling the boy not to shave.

personally, for all the metro's reading, it hurts me having sex with boys that have buzzed their pubes.

sandpaper+soft tissue= lots of pain.

fuck i haven't gotten a haircut since last july...but i had it shaved then.

don't plan on cutting it til this july either haha.

I just shave my shit down with clippers whever it gets tooo long. Saves me about $80 a year

wut happens if u got hella long dreads like me?? **brandon turner-karl watson-devin calloway-beenie man-bob marley STYLE** im talk real african shit , nun of that white man frontin shit

Dreads

My co-worker is married to a Jamaican woman and he's sportin' the serious dreads---like down to the middle of his back. He's been growing them for over ten years. His dreads are different than any I've ever seen before though, they are very skinny, like about the thickness of a pencil. Several of the black women who work there were talking about dreads, and I opined that my buddy must spend quite a bit of time doing hair-grooming stuff, and they all kind of scoffed, and said "Nah--his wife takes care of them for him." (I'm like, "So? What difference would that make?") I'm mystified.

There's a twenty-something black girl that works there who has the cutest little short dreads--they are all about five or six inches long and stick out every which way. It sounds like it wouldn't be attractive, but somehow or another it's attractive on her. I think it's because a beautiful young woman can just do all kinds of wierd-ass stuff with her looks and nobody cares. She's attractive anyway, and somehow bizarre fashions or styles just make her more attractive. One of the nurses told me she thinks that exaggeration of certain female features connects with men on a subconcious level. Girls learn this early--"big eyes", big hair, big boobs, etc. Even when I'm totally aware of it, it still works on me, and on most other men too, I think. We're prisoners of our hormones, I guess.

kabaar, i know what you mean about the short dreads on a cute black chick, definitely hot when done right.

ive been growing my hair out for a minute, i rock a hat most of the day, i cant stand having that shit in my eyes, especially when skating... i thought about dreading it, but realized id look like a fugging goofball...

so yeah im gonna keep growing it maybe till the middle of summer when its just too hot to deal with, then ima chop the mop and let the breeze caress my dome piece.

Guest imported_Tesseract

OK, one year later status:

I need to cut my hair in order to keep em long:eek: and its proven that longer hair worked better with the ladies.

and thats it

Back when I was 20, I had hair up to my shoulders. It looked real nice, shiney, nice curls, and i would get tons of compliments from ladies. Now i grew my hair out to my shoulders again. It's all dull and i have an afro.. . How can i get it nice again? Ladies, any suggestions?

^^^ not that i am a lady or even a female for that matter, but i think i can help with the mangy main.

1. what kind of products do you use? shampoos, conditioners, styling aids?

2. do you have hard water?

3. do you spend alot of time in the sun?

4. do you blow dry your hair?

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this