Jason Is Gay!

sciencemad

Around here and most other places i have have been, freights are moving at 60 mph, at night, and are about 100 feet away. Simple panels just make sense. Paint for the masses not for the internet minority. How many times have you said to yourself that looked dooooooope but what did it say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by southrngent

How many times have you said to yourself that looked dooooooope but what did it say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im guessing the person whining about freight graff is complaining more about sloppy pseudo-unoriginal-old-school- garbage-being-painted-by-some-17-1/2yr-old-from -south-carolina rather than complaining about straight letters in general. given everyone is entitled to their own opinion, clean legibility is more recognizable than some illegible unoriginal spaghetti noodles as letters to me or some black metal hicks from the dirty south using geometric shapes in the wrong way. i dont see too many unreadables on freights think "oh, thats cool, but whats it say?", because i look at letters before a fill-in. whatever floats your readable or unreadable boat i guess..

Originally posted by You All Rott

Freight graffiti is different from other graffiti in the sense that your spot is moving when most people see it. Whats the point of doing an elaborate, complicated piece with fine detail when your audience will not be able to fully absorb your message because it is moving? I fully appreciate intricate, complex pieces but think that simples with some flavor and style are the way to go on freights for a few reasons, function: which is it's readablility (recognition), surface: most freights have ridges, grooves and rust which don't make a prime canvas for dropping crisp pieces, and medium: the idea of painting freights are to have them run, thus the thickest, longest lasting paint should be used; rustoleum products usually serve this purpose the best and do not make for the cleanest wildstyle pieces.

While you have a point for simple pieceing but let me explain to you the other side. I have way more respect for someone who can BURN a freight than someone who can do a simple over the ridges. If you can toss out a burner on a car with bitch ridges I will forever remember your name. How many times have you seen someone piecing a over a door like it was a flat panel? Not many I bet but I'm also betting if you've ever seen that then you'll remember it. Even if I only caught one freight by that person I will always rememember it because they burned it. It's fact, because it's happened to me and many other writers. The term burner is used too often these days. I rarely, maybe once every 3 months, catch something I would call a burner. Kids just aren't doing it anymore. It's all about getting up. What ever happened to style being the most important element? There's more to style than just letters, such as cleanliness, originality, and colors. It seems to me a lot of people (including myself) have lost sight of that. What's the one way to stand out in a crowd of over-used style and bulky color schemes? You piece that freight as badass as you can. Sure you don't get as many freights but I've always been quality or quanity and to this day I'll believe I made the right choice. When I do a simple and go home I feel bad because I know I could have done something with at least 8 colors on it but I pussed out and did a bullshit simple like the rest of this currently wack subculture. Second, you can burn with rusto, so I'll just shoot that one down right now and call you out on it. If you can't paint clean with rusto then stick to your simple, sloppy, oversprayed pieces because painting clean isn't going to ever be for you anyway. I have nothing against you, I don't know or care to know what you write and I'm not starting some bullshit internet beef with you. I'm just giving you and anyone else reading this the way I see things and I hope that you all can appreciate that man to man. I'm sick of little baby writers whining about internet beef and how shitty graffiti is. It's up to you, each individual writer, to make the change and unless you're doing something positive to fix it, shut the fuck up. Thanks.

Droppin the bomb like D-day. Hate me now, I love it.

P.S. I reread your post and I think was a bit harsh. Forgive my tangents and soapboxes but I needed to vent that. I retract my direction aimed at you but not to everyone else who needs directing toward. Thanks again.

Around here and most other places i have have been, freights are moving at 60 mph, at night, and are about 100 feet away. Simple panels just make sense. Paint for the masses not for the internet minority. How many times have you said to yourself that looked dooooooope but what did it say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I'm going to use you to make my other point: Simplicity doesn't mean lack of style. So many straight letters these days are pure shit. The day someone can burn a freight with 3 colors and a simple is the day they get handed a crown. I know of writers who can do it, and you do too.

I also wouldn't mind being that guy who you couldn't read while it was rolling 60 mph past your face. Maybe I want you to think it was so sick that you follow it 10 miles up the bend for a chance at a night flick?

Just opinions that get me in trouble.

Paint for the masses not for the internet minority.

Paint for yourself...fuck the masses.

Guest Graff Jesus
Originally posted by Southern kid

...lots of good shit...

i'm glad someone's picked up the slack while i'm gone. fight the good fight my friend.

• 1 month later...

Archived