~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~KALASHNIKOV

Guest BROWNer

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by Old Growth

Open sights, no scopes. It's from a prone position, i believe. Real men don't use scopes. :) US Marines are crazy dudes.

some shooters can repeadedly hit their bullet hole with open sights from 600 metres. meters are quite a bit longer then yards

i met a bloke who did 5 years in the Fench foreign legion the other day, now HE was a crazy dude

btw australian SAS troops are statistically proven to be the best and most effective soldiers in the world. In the vietnam war thier average kill to death ratio was 1 dead SAS to dead VC and NVA in the hundreds. I cant recall the exact figues.

Theres just something about the australian mindset that makes them elite killing machines.

read some SAS battle reports on the net there fucken hectic..shit like "the 6 man SAS team was on patrol when they ambushed a enemy group of 35 men. They fired 26 shots killing 21 enemies the remander of who fled"

Originally posted by Rectum

some shooters can repeadedly hit their bullet hole with open sights from 600 metres. meters are quite a bit longer then yards

i met a bloke who did 5 years in the Fench foreign legion the other day, now HE was a crazy dude

btw australian SAS troops are statistically proven to be the best and most effective soldiers in the world. In the vietnam war thier average kill to death ratio was 1 dead SAS to dead VC and NVA in the hundreds. I cant recall the exact figues.

Theres just something about the australian mindset that makes them elite killing machines.

read some SAS battle reports on the net there fucken hectic..shit like "the 6 man SAS team was on patrol when they ambushed a enemy group of 35 men. They fired 26 shots killing 21 enemies the remander of who fled"

Nobody touches the British SAS sorry..

Guest imported_El Mamerro

I remember a while back ID Magazine had an article on the 10 best and the 10 worst designs (industrial, that is) of the century. The AK-47 was one of the entries, and the editors admittedly had a very hard time deciding what list it should be under. In the end the put it under 10 worst, claiming that the pain and suffering it has created overrides its excellent efficiency and the fact that it is great at what it does: kill. The article generated a shitload of mail, some supporting the decision, some rejecting it.

So, what would you say? Is the AK a great design or is it bad design?

Ak's are only $6 bucks in Africa! No wonder they got kids armed to the teeth.

Let's not forget that the U.S. is the biggest arms dealer in the world. The biggest donor for war in all of history probably. It's hard to be objective when you are personally involved.

Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by El Mamerro

I remember a while back ID Magazine had an article on the 10 best and the 10 worst designs (industrial, that is) of the century. The AK-47 was one of the entries, and the editors admittedly had a very hard time deciding what list it should be under. In the end the put it under 10 worst, claiming that the pain and suffering it has created overrides its excellent efficiency and the fact that it is great at what it does: kill. The article generated a shitload of mail, some supporting the decision, some rejecting it.

So, what would you say? Is the AK a great design or is it bad design?

ID's call was to pollitical correct...i think that theres no question about it. The AK belongs without a doubt in the 10 best list...and on a high number to i'd say...Morals have no place in deciding that, Its simple-Cheap-NonMalfuctional-And Lasts for ever...i cant think of any other design goals for a gun.

Besides that, the AK is a revolution symbol, not an army symbol.

Archived