Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MrChupacabra

The Photography Thread

Does your point and shoot give you manual exposure options?

It has the option to adjust ISO speed, so...yes? It looks like that, shutter speed, and aperture all fall under the term exposure? But I don't see options for the latter two.

Yeah. Do a fair bit of reading on the basics, shoot a lot, do more in depth reading to improve on things you're struggling with, shoot a lot more, repeat, repeat, repeat. The more photos you take, the more mistakes/successes you will have and the more comfortable you're going to be getting the photo you want instead of just the photo that the camera is producing for you in full auto, or however you've been shooting.

Don't be afraid to shoot the same photo a handful (or a whole bunch) of times with various settings/angles/framing/etc. Then, assuming you have access to a program that shows exif data, look at that information when you're reviewing your photos and figure out what is and isn't working for specific photos. With a bit of reading and practice, you'll quickly start seeing how you can shoot the same photo, from the same angle, with the same framing and simply by changing some of your settings/focal points/etc, end up with drastically different photos. Or how a slight change to your angle or framing can absolutely make or break a photo.

Most of this info is assuming you have manual exposure options. If not, and you're semi serious about doing photography, there are a shitload of cheap, starter options I'm sure we can throw out to you to get the ball rolling.

I've started doing more research. I've got the "shoot a lot" part down, just the more technical stuff is foreign. If you guys have more to say, as to not take up thread space, feel free to PM me. Or, if you think this info could help more users of course keep it public, I just don't want to hijack the thread for my learning purposes.

Thanks yall.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

LOL, if that's what you will use your go-pro for i will gladly take it off of your hands...

story by marco is pretty cool!

Post up in photo hunt!

April 10th - 15th. Working Coachella for LAWEEKLY. Flying in 2 days early (Wednesday), we leave for Indio on Thursday, festival is Friday to Sunday, come back Monday, leave on Tuesday.

I'm thinking you, me, & Pistol should hit the Dodgers game that Monday.

Also, I found this awesome taco truck on La Brea @ Olympic:

7358792290_ed063c5441_b.jpg

7358791816_5b12515616_b.jpg

7173560481_e571847ce9_b.jpg

7358794800_9dc39d19a3_b.jpg

Agreed..

It has the option to adjust ISO speed, so...yes? It looks like that, shutter speed, and aperture all fall under the term exposure? But I don't see options for the latter two.

I've started doing more research. I've got the "shoot a lot" part down, just the more technical stuff is foreign. If you guys have more to say, as to not take up thread space, feel free to PM me. Or, if you think this info could help more users of course keep it public, I just don't want to hijack the thread for my learning purposes.

Thanks yall.

Maybe Mercer can help you out with this, but dude started with a P&S joint. Check those flicks if you can find them in this thread...

those are awesome seamer!

I felt like doing "splashing" photos again, here are a couple i liked

8467526364_115de1b557_c.jpg

8467528784_6f0e67c7bb_b.jpg

8467527696_cfede0ef27_c.jpg

I really like the coloring on the photos but he's falling off the rail and we all know it!

Haha, I don't know from which try this pic is from, but I'm fairly sure he didn't. Not that it matters too much tho.

Gotta try to do some splash pictures myself.

Meep meep. Herro 12oz!

I have been playing around with film lately.

It is fun and often does not turn out the way that I want it to.

These are taken with dat Pentax Honeywell SP1000.

It's a pretty easy little camera to use for a rookie like me self.

1905e978-a4a9-4ae8-bb9c-451f61ae4511_zps2c09a788.jpg

ce63bbcb-5e18-430b-ac28-3f476410baa8_zps285e9e19.jpg

3a4a70d7-fffd-41f3-9577-c40700b8c007_zps5edb0f3d.jpg

b6fc8783-64ad-4a6a-b9de-db2cedd36492_zpsb5cb64b8.jpg

d455ccbc-cfef-409f-8195-5601551eb979_zps4a6d009a.jpg

2544ddf9-c466-4309-82d8-feaaf4d4e183_zpsb76336a9.jpg

I used almost every light I had in the house to er illuminate this right hur.

Did not work out well. Really out of focus. I do like the color going on tho.

bc00cc1c-0bdb-4892-a122-26b7378e47a1_zps2a7ebf0a.jpg

• Like 2