Jessica Santillan, the illegal alien who died from a bad transplant

alleniverson

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

although i only know the very basics of this story,i do think it sad that in the midst of a girl dying,some people can only think about politics and laws regarding immigration.....the mother came to the united states in an act of desperation,and did whatever it took to give her daughter a chance to live.....i do not have children,but i know that if i had children, i,as well as any other decent person,would do whatever it took for my child to live if his/her life was in danger.....im sure any of you with children could identify with this much more than any other of us could.....so,ask yourself that question,if you could take a chance at moving to a country illegally with the possibility of your childs life being extended,or stay in your home country and watch her die,what would you do? if you had to think for even one second bout the answer to that question,that is horrible.....like pittsburgh said,how can a human being be illegal.....every life is worth something.....a 17 year old girl is dead.....show some respect.....

Originally posted by donnie_darko

although i only know the very basics of this story,i do think it sad that in the midst of a girl dying,some people can only think about politics and laws regarding immigration.....the mother came to the united states in an act of desperation,and did whatever it took to give her daughter a chance to live.....i do not have children,but i know that if i had children, i,as well as any other decent person,would do whatever it took for my child to live if his/her life was in danger.....im sure any of you with children could identify with this much more than any other of us could.....so,ask yourself that question,if you could take a chance at moving to a country illegally with the possibility of your childs life being extended,or stay in your home country and watch her die,what would you do? if you had to think for even one second bout the answer to that question,that is horrible.....like pittsburgh said,how can a human being be illegal.....every life is worth something.....a 17 year old girl is dead.....show some respect.....

^^ exactly.

what some of these people do not realize is majority of the "illegal aliens" setup fake social security numbers so they are able to have a job and they pay there employees by check which also means that federal income tax and medicade is taken from there check....they do pay taxes.

but dont worry every single "illegal alien" that enters this country one day wishes to leave this country upon retiring, back to where they were born...

**edit**

AND IF THE ONLY WAY TO KEEP MY LITTLE GIRL FROM DIEING WAS TO BREAK THE "LAW" I WOULD HAVE DONE THE SAME THING.

Originally posted by FifTy CaL.

the family is not sueing;the ignorant fuck put that shit in yalls heads...the board of health is discussing rumors of such matters....

DONT SPEAK WHAT YOU DONT KNOW....

After her death, the family was asked whether they wanted to donate Santillan's organs. They said no, a hospital spokeswoman said.

"Right now we are in the process of investigating the case," Dixon said Monday on CNN's "American Morning." "We are supposed to get the medical records today from Duke."

The family attorney indicated that once Santillan's parents reviewed the records along with the autopsy results, they would decide whether to take further action.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/HEALTH/02/24/trans...rror/index.html

Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by alleniverson

After her death, the family was asked whether they wanted to donate Santillan's organs. They said no, a hospital spokeswoman said.

"Right now we are in the process of investigating the case," Dixon said Monday on CNN's "American Morning." "We are supposed to get the medical records today from Duke."

The family attorney indicated that once Santillan's parents reviewed the records along with the autopsy results, they would decide whether to take further action.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/HEALTH/02/24/trans...rror/index.html

Yeah, I remember reading that... now help me out here, I can't seem to find the part where it says SHE'S GOING TO SUE.

My two cents.....

I believe that there is nothing wrong with the mother doing everything she could think of to save her daughter, I also believe that the doctors made an honest mistake. They in no way planned on this happening, nor did they do it with malice but they tried to save her still. They should be punished, but not by a court of law or frivolous lawsuits, but by having liscences supspended and doctors reprimanded. Finally I think that the mother deserves no money, Not because she's not a citizen but because there was no garuntee that her daughter would have been saved, many things still could have gone wrong and the doctors and the whole medical staff did everything in there power to save her but it didn't work, you shouldn't be able to capitalize off the death of your friends and family. And DUKE is still the best medical center in the country, I'd still go there if I needed serious treatment.

Guest willy.wonka

dude, you came up on here talkin about how some girl died..at first i thought you were concened, but i see that the "parasites" are more of a concern to you.

you act like they are the illegal aliens...

when this land of america belonged to the native american/indians and mexicans.then the biggest parasite of the human race sunk its two fat fangs in the land and is still trying to get the land that he doesnt have.

learn your fucking history and find out how people made it to america.learn how your family made it here..God knows that some white man didnt grab some dirt and created man in his image and said, "GW Bush..this is all yours"

allen..you need to learn a thing or two.

honestly..it seems like white people and black people are the most racist people of america.

Originally posted by yoshy

in some really weird way, this relates to kabar's argument about owning

a gun and doing what you need to survive.

OBVIOUSLY when you do that you are going to affect other people.

this girls situation is really sad. its a messed up dilema.

i guess it begs the question, in a time of need, what would you do for

your loved ones allen?

from what ive heard, the woman and her child had health insurance in mexico, which is hard to get in that country. but instead they left their country to come here. didnt get their papers, cut in line in front of dying american taxpayers, and im not saying they deserved to die, but if you dont do things legit, why should you sue your ass off to begin with?

enough of this bullshit about what you would do to save your loved ones in this girls case, what if your fucking dad was waiting on those organs and this girl got TWO before your dad got ONE???

chozer, i understand what you are saying, and you are right. if i was in

a situation and on the flip side, i would be irate.

but dont call what i said bs. i said it to allen b/c i get the feeling that he

doesnt really think about all of the different sides of a complicated

problem, so get off my back.

i think the problem in this thread is no one tried to find out the real facts,

including myself.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/02/18/...ain540907.shtml

here are some.^^

i agree with you chozer, its messed up that she got 2 sets of 2 organs.

i hope i dont ever have to make a decision like that.

yoshy

i have some respect for the amount of risk they took (although the only thing they risked really was deportation back to mexico...) but this is the way i look at it....she should have gone about things LEGALLY and gotten her documentation straight first. she was leaving a country that from what i heard she had health insurance and it isnt something easy to get in that country...i know our hospitals are probably better, but she had no respect for the people she was fucking over, why in the HELL should i care about all this????

maybe its just the evil american inside me that doesnt give a fuck about anyone else.....or maybe its the self-righteous bastard in me that says that tax-paying american citizens should get health care before illegal aliens should...

Archived