Art School

Guest ToYs

^^^^^no...."art fags" usually have emense talent when it comes to painting with aerosol spraycans...and get themselves known(usually good at "regular" painting as well.)...go ahead and talk shit....but in 10 years while you are busting your ass as an journeyman carpenter...alot of cats will be making way more loot than you do sitting next a computer and designing ads you look at in Comsumers' Digest.....do your self a favor and shut the fuck up.....thanks.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I went to art school a few years back, they really didn't care to much about my highschool grades. Just showed them my portfolio and was accepted. I was put on accademic probation but that didn't mean shit. Within the first year I was on the deans list. And I dont know what you guys are talking about, but the girls at my school were all hot and cool as hell. Check out Paier college of art in Connecticut. Great school.

I went to Academy of Art grad school and I'm currently in the process of cutting off my right arm and left leg to pay off my student loans. It was a great school with great instructors and the most awesome computer lab BUT they are so after your money it was pathetic. The president rides in limos and private jets wearing mink coats while our tuition went up every semester. No wonder the school got bomb threats on a weekly basis. If you want more info yu can email me.

So heres the real question Toys,

why do you want to go to art school??

I ask this because every art school is different depending on what you might be able to get out of it.

You say you might major in character animation/illustration something like that?? I just want to warn you that if its money your after, its hard as fuck to land a job as a character animator, in fact its hard to land a job as any kind of artist period. And I hate to categorize art schools like this but its the only way I could help you out so: if its money your after, one of the best schools is in Pasadena California. Pasadena Art Center of Design. UCLA has a decent art program as well. I have a few friends that came out of the San Fransisco Art Institute and liked it a lot. Also one of the best art schools out here is California Institute for the Arts which has a good character animation program (its owned by Disney). Portfolio is important for all these places, you will have to check each place because they all have different requirements. It doesnt necessarily have to be slides like some have said, you can use video, audio, photos, drawings, anything that is compact and easily transportable. To begin with, think about what you would want to include in your portfolio by starting with small groupings of work that in some way relates to each other.

Another thing is that art school is expensive as fuck. I would recommend getting your AA degree at a community college, transferring to a good University to get your BA. After that you can decide if its worth it to go on to an art school and further your study. Why spend more money than you have to you know?? Hope this helps. Peace.

Archived