casual dating, rules of the game

THUMB WRESTL

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

where did you get this list from, MSN.com? either way although i hate to admit it, most of these are very true.

recently i was sort of seeing a girl and i'm really glad i didn't break these rules. when in doubt it's much better to be safe than sorry.

no <3 4 shady hoez.

Originally posted by Giving Tree

are you guys all from some fucking planet way out in space where noone interacts with ANYBODY??

the rule is this.

you invite someone, EXPECT TO PAY.. its your fucking idea, so be ready to cough up for it. i know like friends dont do that, etc.. but if its someone new, including a new friend of the same gender, be ready to cover their cost because its COURTEOUS. jesus.

do NORMAL nice things, be yourself, not some don juan who opens every door, every chair is pulled out, but when you DO something like that, it stands out, dont make it normal, make it good... the jacket over the puddle thing.. thats a damn DIAMOND.. do that and she'll DIE.. for real...

watch john cusack movies.. that mother fucker knows EVERYTHING.. well accept for pushing tin, where he's a slimebag, and in con air, where he deals with some asshole prisoners.. but the rest are good, like high-fidelity, serendipity, better off dead, say anything, money for nothing was funny, watch that shit cuz i laughed for hours, umm.. jack bull was kinda off topic, and not that good...

anyway.. just be smooth, not a bellboy.

Actually, That's not a bad list^^^

But more than anything, reading this thread makes me glad I'm no longer in the "dating" scene.

In general, the "be yourself" rule strikes me as being suspect. If being you means you are active, involved with the world, intelligent, working on a plan for the future, then maybe that's just great.

If being you means you spend a shitload of time on the Internet and eating day-old pizza, that is not too great.

I've been married twenty years, and with the same woman for about twenty-five years. I say if you aren't the kind of guy that remembers birthdays, that opens car doors, that likes her mother and wants to spend time with her family, then you probably aren't ready for a serious relationship and might as well resign yourself to self-destructive extreme sports and masturbation until you find someone that motivates you to become a better person.

My wife once bought me books on military mountaineering and a case of 7.62x39mm ammunition for Christmas.

You'll know when you've found the right one for you, LOL.

On the other hand, it's fun doing all that dating-ritual stuff too. Find out what she wants, and try to provide it. Maybe she doesn't want you to pull out her chair at restaurants. I had a girlfriend back when I was riding Harley's that had no respect for her last boyfriend because he put a king-and-queen seat and a sissy bar on his scooter so she wouldn't have to ride a p-pad any more. She broke up with him. She told me once, "If I wanted a guy who ran a fucking sissy bar, I'd just get fucking married." She was a odd girl. One time she ran into the bathroom door in the dark (we had been drinking heavily) and got a black eye. To be honest, I was very concerned that our friends and acquaintences might think I had hit her (this was not the case, and I absolutely would never do that) but she was proud of it, and went around for a week or so sporting a black eye and sort of acting subservient, like if she didn't do what I said, I might black her other eye. She also got a lot of attention from the other girls, and (this seemed very wierd to me,) they acted kind of flirtatious with me. I never quite figured that one out. I told them, straight out, what had happened, and they were like, "Oh, sure, I understand, honey. But I wouldn't ever give a man any reason to hit me."

Women are very complicated.

RULE 23: Getting advice about women from a woman is like asking Osama bin Laden to tell you the locations of all his terrorist camps.

haha....and its even more true if you want serious advice.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived