9/11?

GLIK$

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

if i thought people would take the holiday

as an oppurtunity to remember that they didn't have to jump out a burning building

or die in a plane crash, or become victims

then yes

but instead

more bullshit from the media

endless replays of the tragedies that occured

and morons bitching about wanting another day off school or work

and suddenly its just another 3 day weekend

fuck it..

Originally posted by Glik0

ooh ooh! what if we got presents on 9/11!!! or the magical Arab brings you candy, something cool would make me say yes.

you get sand filled gumballs. "The offical candy of the afgahn people."

No way! You don't make holidays out of days of defeat, you make holidays out of days of victory. Nobody ever got off work on Dec. 7th. I can't wait until the fucking Bush regime leaves office and the hype leaves the day...

obviously it's a date that shall live in infamy, but this is America, if you and your family want to memorialize the day you are STILL free to do so...

Having the winner of American Idol, aka 'a pop star created completely from a TV show' sing the national anthem at some cheesy 'memorial event' is SO fucking commercial, I'd rather see the Monkees...

Actually, since this is all just Bush propaganda to pump up the war machine and garner support for his Iraqi invasion, I'd rather we did something like the old USSR May Day parades, with all the military hardware on parade... As long as we're embracing full-on imperialism I think we should make a show of it and perhaps intimidate the potential enemies, I mean, it worked for Hitler...

man, i know its bad to say but this isnt going to the last terrorist attack, and as we know people tend to go bigger not smaller. last year prior to sept. 11th oklahoma city was consdiered huge, but then 911 came and oklahoma city looked so small in comparison.its very likly that eventually something huge will happen that will dwarf the significance of sept. 11 and we'll be left with this holiday that will seem much less important to the masses.

Archived