Things to do in Seattle?

alkaline

Originally posted by alkaline

Can anybody give me any information about Seattle. I'll be going there at the end of May with my wife. Neither of us has ever been, so we were wondering if there is anything cool that we should check out while we're there. I also have a few specific questions.

1. How is the public transportation in Seattle? Is there a rail system, or just a bus system? Is it easy to navigate? Could we see the sights relying on public transportation, or should we just rent a car?

2. If we do rent a car, is it fairly easy to get around in Seattle by automobile?

3. Do you know of any bike shops that rent bicycles for the day/week? I'd rather not haul our bikes with us.

4. How easy is it to go up to Canada from Seattle? Is it worth the trip?

5. The Space Needle ... what's up with that thing? Has anybody eaten at the restaurant there? How's the food? Do you need reservations? Is it a classy joint (will I need a tie)?

6. I'm addicted to caffine. Will I be hard pressed to find coffee in the morning? Hehehehe ... just kidding.

Any information that anybody can give me would be welcomed and appreciated ... especially stuff that not so touristy. You can e-mail me at whyihatetexas@hotmail.com if you like. Thanks.

Note: I would have just bumped T.T Boy's old thread, but it was just a bunch of shit-talking, and not much actual info ... sorry.

1. Bus system works well, Monorail system downtown is overrated, the "subaway?underground bus shit" works well also to get around downtown places. I dunno what you really want to see?? Renting a car is good for things.

2. yes, watch out for crazy drivers...sometimes the freeway can be confusing with the on and off ramps as well as the express lanes...

3. dunno about the bikes.

4. Drive up north...easy drive...vancouver is worth hitting up.

5. Space needle is worth going up once in your life...just bullshit at the top...a nice view...gift shop...coffee stand..the restraunt is nice, and you do need a resvervation as far as i remember...no tie...I really dont think its worth eating at, unless you got a girl? There are better places to hit up that taste alot better for cheaper...Dick's, Spuds...etc...

6.Tullys coffee...fuck that starbucks shit.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i love this city. and i hate this city, the second i got back, i wasn't reassured what suburb i was in by the signs on the freeways, but the starbucks with 5 stores every 2 mile stretch, and 16 yr olds with brand new yellow imports, and fine girls with eminem looking wannabe's. call me a hater, but i feel like shit when i see 90 percent of seattle spending their time, wasting their money trying to look like everyone else. fuck.

and these people in starbucks, acting all high and mighty because they bought a fuckng mocha.

• 3 years later...

Archived