Hall of Fame

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 12/22/2012 in all sections

1. R.I.P DIM, NEKST, DAYS by Quala Stix, on Flickr
    1 point
  2. 1 point
  3. I wish I could have been recording the conversation I was having about education the other night. The problem starts when you use a primarily goal oriented (grades) measure of success without considering what kind of pressure this might be putting on kids who can´t differentiate between what makes them happy and what makes their parents/teachers happy. For example- if a kid is having problems in math, what good is it going to do to penalize them and make them feel inferior based on a metric they don´t fully understand? I´m not saying that grades are wrong or dumb, but the way that they´re utilized- as a measure of success and/or standing among their peers- is going to take a toll on some kids, especially kids who don´t get certain subjects right away that are eager to please their teachers and parents. I don´t know if this makes sense or not, but it was one of the key points I was trying to make about how some problems can start early from mostly unexamined causes.
    1 point
  4. Rest In Peace. MUCH HM • NEKST DTS A2M MAYHEM by Dirty Taco Steve, on Flickr NEKST by Dirty Taco Steve, on Flickr NEKST DTS MAYHEM by Dirty Taco Steve, on Flickr NEKST by Dirty Taco Steve, on Flickr NEKST A2M by Dirty Taco Steve, on Flickr NEKST MSK D30 by Dirty Taco Steve, on Flickr NEKST • ERUPTO A2M by Dirty Taco Steve, on Flickr NEKST by Dirty Taco Steve, on Flickr NEKST by Dirty Taco Steve, on Flickr
    1 point
  5. WE TRIPPY im not good at sentimental things regarding addressing situations like these when they come up. so im going to write this for all of you, knowing who you all are. i cant begin to express how i felt or how we all feel about this, seems like every year we get a blow to the face and someone is now missing from the picture. the wizard the fatman mr discovery mr badass piedmont player g-worm ghost face popinski and everyone elses nickname that i wont mention on here because id be writing for hours im happy to have spent and we all spent that time a few months ago together. the homie was A-class, BIG S is not gone, he wont ever be gone, at least not to me.
    1 point
  6. THAT NIGGA GOO... PUTTIN OUT THAT STRAIGHT FIRE, up all over Riverwest! Shit should be in the fuckin' art museum!
    1 point
  7. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saffron_bun /noSwede *** More snow as a contrast to those sunnies... A nice 10-mile walk. Shortest days of the year now, the sun rises at 9AM and sets around 3PM. Stays low all day. With those half-translucent clouds it's like a six-hour sunset. Bumped into a closed mechanics shop. No tracks in the snow = disused, easy Around noon An old path up the hill ...featuring my glove Further on is the church they belonged to... Also used as a grain drying building * Disco bus hmm Home in the distance.
    1 point
  8. Because it´s bullshit...anyone walking around with that much privilege deserves to have their ass kicked once in a while, and anyone who perceives me with prejudice as being privileged is more than welcome to walk around with me for a week and see how far from reality that concept is. I´m not saying that what you quoted is bullshit, just how it tends to be applied in real life. It all comes down to whether someone like me (somewhat bigger/older white guy) gets a pass or not...if you do, you can get away with just about anything. Otherwise, everything you do is suspect. People tend to interfere when it´s least needed then are nowhere to be found when it counts. So we´re back on guns again. What happened to the mental health discussion, AKA the one that really matters? America lost the gun control battle before it even realized it was an issue, so unless you just want to vent or discuss it in academic terms don´t expect any societal improvement to come from that corner.
    1 point
  9. 1 point
This Hall of Fame listing is set to New York/GMT-04:00