Hall of Fame

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 08/07/2007 in all sections

1. Dear Puerto Rican lady in Wal-Mart, Your bright orange bleach job does not look good. I don't know what you were thinking. It does not match your olive skin tone whatsoever. That halter top is also not flattering. It looks like you're wearing a heavyweight title belt made of blubber. Your jeans are also missing their pockets, and the acidwashed look is no longer in fashion. Stop having children and please make an attempt at learning english. Yours Truly, H
    1 point
  2. " Yo us puerto ricans gotta stick together!!!"
    1 point
  3. 1 point
  4. Abstract... There are times when I reflect on what I once was ( "... you know, Joker, that guy who does the silly abstract shit." ) and I absolutely hate the word. It brings up a time in the mid-nineties where I left traditional Graffiti behind and followed my heart... and paid dearly for it. Writers are not kind people. But there are also times when I reflect and realize I made the right decision to follow my heart and stay true to what I felt was the right direction for me. When I started writing Graffiti in 1985 my goal was to be in the next book by Henry Chalfant... which never happened. But when I met him ten years later he mentioned two of my pieces he had photos of and that he really liked my use of color and composition. In a way, I met my goal and felt pleased with what I had accomplished, and I've never strayed since. I've always been more intrigued by abstract art than traditionalism in art. Even Pop-Art is kinda boring to me... not sure why. I guess I just identify with things not understood or much cared for. ( Boo-hoo... woe is me... me, me, me - put me out, I'm on fire ) Sorry I'm late to the party but I rarely stroll around through these threads anymore but something got the better of me today and I found this gem. Bojangles... love, love, love the stuff you're posting. Seeking... you've always been a bit hard on yourself and your work and it's good to see you still are. It's self-motivating. Poesia... a blast from the past. Good to hear you're doing well my friend. I would love to post some images for you guys of new work I've done but unfortunately I have nothing new. The last year or so all I've done is doodle fat characters picking their nose or throwing up... or dressed as a clown. And lots and lots of cursive handwriting. Not sure why I've chose these things to occupy my creative time but they seem to be the thing that keeps me motivated to draw. I'll get back on here in a bit...
    1 point
  5. repost from old thread
    1 point
  6. that first meca is one of the sexiest things ive ever seen even better than his LOF wall
    1 point
  7. I never heard of this guy before, but he is on my radar now, with practice he may tap into his potential that i recognize................
    1 point
This Hall of Fame listing is set to New York/GMT-04:00